Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Derby - Saturday 27th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Cheers lads that was fun watching the cup of tea was shaking in the hand 1 furlong out! :)

crushproof wrote: »
    Wow, should have posted earlier for our benefit!!! :pac: Very nice win!

???

Can't please some people :D

He posted a 28/1 bloody winner about an hour before the race - what more do you want? :pac:

I hope his other selection romps home too :)

Cannot make head nor tail of the Irish Derby. I see the sole Galileo bred is Dawn Patrol 16/1 I wonder is he the one...

Edit: Actually scratch that there are 3 Galileo's in there. Confusing race I'll just watch it

BumperD wrote: »
    Cannot make head nor tail of the Irish Derby. I see the sole Galileo bred is Dawn Patrol 16/1 I wonder is he the one...

To hell with the Irish Derby :pac:

A stellar tipster like yourself can coin it in in the "egg and spoon races" :D

Waste of an hour studying imo

A race to watch and too hard to solve

Good luck in the 3.35

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

King's Advice ew for me in the 3.35 Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

All over Australis each way here. Can't see him out of places here, really think he's a Group horse.

All over Australis each way here. Can't see him out of places here, really think he's a Group horse.

Place money collected. Up there with Bumpers winner.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Place money collected. Up there with Bumpers winner.

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Bit of a stab in the dark but Taggalo in the 5.15 could interesting on h'cap debut and first start for murtagh whose been going well
    12/1 ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Pmsl.... Sir Dragonet wouldn't score in a brothel.

It's great watching these thoroughbreds in action - don't even need a bet.

Looking at the 5.15 For the Trees won the birdcatcher back end of last season seemed to tire on debut on what proved to be the wrong draw first time out this season going to give it a go Curragh 5.15 25/1 4 places

Backed the wrong one against Sir Dragonet there. An absolute pig. Although he probably does want a lot further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

Slattsy wrote: »
    Backed the wrong one against Sir Dragonet there. An absolute pig. Although he probably does want a lot further.

I wish I owned that "pig"

Is it just my tv or can anyone else hear a strange whistling noise on RTE?

Is that the wind through the new stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

TheTorment wrote: »
    Is it just my tv or can anyone else hear a strange whistling noise on RTE?

Is that the wind through the new stand?

The new stand i'm thinking. It was very bad when i was up there last year.

maximo31 wrote: »

It certainly sounds eerie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

maximo31 wrote: »

God Almighty! They've had over a year to solve that problem and they still haven't done so. Pathetic stuff!

Impressive when a filly destroys colts like that

• Advertisement

Santiago a decent winner, absolute dirt by Joseph's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

14 Irish Derby winners trained by Aidan O'Brien is amazing.
    One record he is close to, although probably few rate it as important, is the 21 Italian Derby winners trained by Federico Tesio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

14 Irish Derby winners trained by Aidan O'Brien is amazing.
    One record he is close to, although probably few rate it as important, is the 21 Italian Derby winners trained by Federico Tesio.

Jaysus, with all due respect, that's a meaningless statistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Don't see Dawn Patrol in the Ledger betting. Finished like a train to take 3rd and surely the extra 2f would be right up his street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

gazza1 wrote: »
    Don't see Dawn Patrol in the Ledger betting. Finished like a train to take 3rd and surely the extra 2f would be right up his street.

12/1 14/1 . Ran a very good race . I’d be thinking he’ll win 1-4 races . Couldn’t get out in time . Very fast In the finish .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Itziger wrote: »
    Jaysus, with all due respect, that's a meaningless statistic.
    Which?
    1) Aidan O'Brien training fourteen Irish Derby winners.
    2) Federico Tesio breeding 22 Italian Derby winners, owning them, and training 21 of them.

Tesio bred and trained Nearco unbeaten in 14 races, and Ribot unbeaten in 16 races including two Arcs.
    Afaik all Aidan O'Brien's 14 Irish Derby winners trace in sire line to Nearco, bred by Federico Tesio, incl today's winner, Authorized, and Galileo, and Sadler's Wells.

Thanks for the respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Which?
    1) Aidan O'Brien training fourteen Irish Derby winners.
    2) Federico Tesio breeding 22 Italian Derby winners, owning them, and training 21 of them.

Tesio bred and trained Nearco unbeaten in 14 races, and Ribot unbeaten in 16 races including two Arcs.
    Afaik all Aidan O'Brien's 14 Irish Derby winners trace in sire line to Nearco, bred by Federico Tesio, incl today's winner, Authorized, and Galileo, and Sadler's Wells.

Thanks for the respect.

There can't be much oxygen up there on your high moral ground. So you know your stuff, but 99 horse racing fans out of 100 have little interest in AoB's breaking an Italian Derby record, rightly or wrongly.

Same goes for the Nearco stat. It's, how shall I put it, 'interesting'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

For anyone in denial about Denis Hogan being an absolute crook. Horse finished in 4th pretty much hard on the snaff.

https://twitter.com/claimsfive/status/1276803892576022528?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Cheating bas*ard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

BoldReason wrote: »
    For anyone in denial about Denis Hogan being an absolute crook. Horse finished in 4th pretty much hard on the snaff.

https://twitter.com/claimsfive/status/1276803892576022528?s=19

25% of horses racing in Ireland should be suspended if that is the standard. Crooked game anyway, why do people get upset, Weld over here and Mark Johnson in the UK two of the worst.

Advertisement