Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Derby - Saturday 27th June

Options
  • 24-06-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

The Racing Post shows 19 runners. I don't know when the field is finalised.
    Ten entries are trained by Aidan O'Brien, three by Joseph O'Brien.
    Aidan O'Brien won the race thirteen times in the last twenty three years, with seven wins in a row from 2006 to 2012.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Plenty to like about Joseph's Crossfire hurricane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Odds checker have best prices

Santiago 3/1
    Arthur's Kingdom 9/2
    Crossfirehurricane 6/1
    Iberia 3/1
    Fiscal Rules 7/1
    Dawn Patrol 12/1
    Gold Maze. 12/1
    Sherpa 14/1
    New York Girl 14/1
    Mythical. 16/1
    Tiger Moth. 16/1
    Memorabilia. 16/1
    Galileo Chrome 20/1
    Chiricahu. 20/1
    Sun chart 33/1
    Order Of Australia 33/1
    King Of The Throne 50/1
    Amhrain na Bhfainn. 66/1
    Serpentine 66/1

At this stage nothing jumps out ( Santiago looked great at Ascot but hung a bit and that was only a week ago) I'll probably be picking an outsider from one of the O'Brien stables when the shape of the field sorts itself out. There are any amount of the O'Brien horses that could step forward by 10lbs on the day and the likes of Arthur's Kingdom and Mythical are proven G1 horses on Soft ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Aidan Says it will be very tough for horses to run in both Derby's and most likely wont happen his Irish Derby runners most likely will be Arthur's Kingdom Dawn Patrol Tiger Moth Santiago Mythical & Serpentine.

https://www.aidanobrienfansite.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

All over crossfire hurricane on this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

All over Galileo chrome @20s myself. Similar profile to Latrobe coming here off a maiden win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Rachel Blackmore gets a ride in the Derby. That's a bit of a surprise. She did ride a peach on a horse of Emmets a week or 2 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Rachel Blackmore gets a ride in the Derby. That's a bit of a surprise. She did ride a peach on a horse of Emmets a week or 2 back.

Could she make it on the flat do you think?

Fiscal Rules for me. I was impressed with him in the 2000 Guineas and I think the extra furlongs will suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭del roy

any rain hit the curragh yet

Tia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Itziger wrote: »
    Could she make it on the flat do you think?

Genuinely wouldn't know enough about the real technical parts of riding but she's neat on a horse, has a good clock in her head and is strong as a bull so she could pay her way anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

O'Brien shows a lot of faith in his lower ranked jockeys like Michael Hussey and Emmet McNamara. Whats the thoughts on them? They are always thrown on the outsiders to be fair so don't get many serious chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Backed Crossfire Hurricane earlier in week but with it to rain rain and rain in kildare, I would be cashing out if I could

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

O'Brien shows a lot of faith in his lower ranked jockeys like Michael Hussey and Emmet McNamara. Whats the thoughts on them? They are always thrown on the outsiders to be fair so don't get many serious chances.

Their Ballydoyle work riders, I’m sure they’re perfectly happy being part of the team & knowing they’ll still get their chance in the big races. Hope it’s Mcnamaras moment tomorrow, Tiger Moth for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Kinda like Fiscal Rules, but thought he'd be a tad bigger. If he drifts to double digits, which he may I'll probably give him a go in what looks one of the worst Group 1s I've ever seen.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Kinda like Fiscal Rules, but thought he'd be a tad bigger. If he drifts to double digits, which he may I'll probably give him a go in what looks one of the worst Group 1s I've ever seen.

15/2 quoted on the opening show...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

The ground will surely be on the soft side with all this rain about today.
    Not sure what will win but I've had a small ew on Iberia at 20s 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Iberia is my horse to follow for the season so I'm not going to abandon him even if he is seemingly bottom of the pecking order. 18/1 four places with 365 is ok with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Going with Rainbow Dreamer in the 335 Newcastle 7/1. Trainer mopped up the staying races at royal ascot, got a little word for him too.

Might have a look at some of the other races now see can I find a few :pac:

BumperD wrote: »
    Going with Rainbow Dreamer in the 335 Newcastle 7/1. Trainer mopped up the staying races at royal ascot, got a little word for him too.

Might have a look at some of the other races now see can I find a few :pac:

Also backed RD
    Finger's crossed bumper

• Advertisement

gazza1 wrote: »
    Also backed RD
    Finger's crossed bumper

We will clean them out gazza! :D

Hotspur Harry has been backed in the first at the Curragh 12 into 7's. A maiden so little to go on but I might chance that we for a few schekles ew with the dead 8 in there.

Going to chance the veteran Caspian Prince 225 Newcastle, dropping down the weights, would have preferred a high draw but 25/1 4 Places looks fair, see can he given them a rattle. He will hare away out in front hopefully can hold on for the places

Sherpa being backed hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Crossfire Hurricane looks far too big a price for me considering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I won't be having a bet.
    After the Irish 2000 Guineas you have to wonder what all the O'Brien horses will be doing in the Derby.

Going to chance the veteran Caspian Prince 225 Newcastle, dropping down the weights, would have preferred a high draw but 25/1 4 Places looks fair, see can he given them a rattle. He will hare away out in front hopefully can hold on for the places

Class tipping there :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭crushproof

Wow, should have posted earlier for our benefit!!! :pac: Very nice win!

Bumper is back!

Cracker

• Advertisement

I say Bumper! Super pick.

Advertisement