Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone invested in an EII project/scheme?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Same, I reckon it is all made up. More staff payments issues in todays paper, it’s not looking good

https://www.independent.ie/business/cmo-at-simon-kellys-emex-brings-tech-firm-to-court-alleging-hes-owed-800000-in-wages/a1572423662.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

What are people's thought son the new changes? I have an option on the table for this year but making my mind up, what is tempting me is it is the last year of 40% relief, so likely won't be pursuing EIIS after this for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭notsocutehoor

I think I'm with you on that, I'll be very cautious about investing from next year on, the 40% immediate return was the real draw for this scheme

Supplement in SBP today - quite a few opportunities

Customs Window looks interesting. Anything else catch anyone's eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Info_Seeker

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Any idea where to get further info or where to go if interested in investing with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

Anyone receive communications from Spark Crowdfunding regards ASX (ASX2) SAFE investment?

Comms below which had 16 documents attached. No reply means consent to the change. Any idea what it all means ?

=====

Pearse Trustees Limited has changed name to Hawksford Trustees Ireland Limited.

We are writing to you as a member of the ASX2 Spark Crowdfunding campaign. For your ease of reference, we can advise that the ASX2 campaign took place in September 2021 and you received SAFE rights in return for your investment. We continue to hold these SAFE rights as Nominee on your behalf.

We also represent, as Nominee, the members of the ASX 1, ASX 3.1 and ASX 3.2 campaigns. If you invested in one of those campaigns, you will receive a separate email from us in relation to said investment. It is important that you consider and reply to that email separately.

Please see attached Communication and documentation received from ASX Limited for your kind attention. Pursuant to Clause 6 of the Nominee Agreement, we require instructions from you as regards execution of relevant documentation. Said instructions are to be received within 7 days.

In the event that you do not reply to us within the 7 days, then pursuant to the provisions set out in our Nominee Agreement with you, we will proceed with the transaction for the ASX 2 campaign in accordance with the instructions of the majority of those in the ASX 2 campaign who respond to us. If such majority instruction is to proceed with the transaction then we will transfer the SAFE rights for shares and will thereafter hold such shares on and subject to the terms of the existing Nominee Agreement going forward.

Please provide instructions in the following format– i.e. Consent / Do Not Consent for Hawksford Trustees Ireland Limited (Previously named Pearse Trustees Limited) as Nominee to execute the documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TtocsNag

@travist Yes, I received this notification and have somewhat of an understanding of the docs.

At this time, you are holding a SAFE - which is not equity and cannot claim EIIS.

This consent it to allow the SAFE to convert into shares at a price of €1 per share, which then makes it equity and allows everyone to claim EIIS in the 2023 tax year.

I have asked them a question but I do not know what valuation this €1 per share equates to as it is not related to a valuation cap or discount to a Series A (which due to market conditions has not happened yet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

thanks TtocsNag,

interesting that it is not considered as currenctly EIIS eligible. On the site, it has a EIIS label,  https://www.sparkcrowdfunding.com/campaign/asx2

However, checking the document is said

• The investment qualifies for 40% EIIS tax relief when the conversion happens at the Series A
    • round. Therefore, an investment of €10,000 would receive a €4,000 tax rebate. (Irish
    • Taxpayers only.)

I would it this exercise is a case of getting just 40% back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

I've typically used McKeogh Gallagher Ryan but there investment booked out early this year. Anyone have recommended EIIS opportunities ?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rebelle

Alpha Wealth (www.alphawealth.ie) have two schemes, closing date Thursday 14th December. One relates to a Distillery, the other a Restaurant and Café Roastery.

I’ve invested in a number of schemes with them over the years and would recommend them. Their fee is 2%

MGR had said that they were looking at doing an additional one to accommodate disappointed customers, but its running a bit late now. Green Crowd have 2 offerings, both in the green energy area, here is a link to their webinar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwpSdw7Ug6M

Think there is still space in the quintas fund too last I heard. They are up front about the targeted relief of 35%with the new rates

https://eiis.fund/

Anyone experience with BVP ? I got some information that since 2014, BVP EIIS products that are outside of their minimum holding period (so that 2014 to 2019/20) have generated average returns of 154% including invested capital and tax relief so a 10% return on the 40% relief. Seems good but anyone here experienced this ?

I have no experience with BVP, but just be aware that anything invested in their 2023 fund will have the new EIIS tax rules applied on that investment, so you won't be getting the 40% tax relief

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

The annual scramble to get prospectuses, peruse them, get the application form filled in and the transfer or draft done before the fund closes is so tiresome.

There's a real gap in the market here for an institution that would take applicant details up front, take monthly or ad-hoc payments during the year and keep them in money market funds or the like, and then automatically invest right at the end of the year with a few different funds to maximise diversification.

Loosing confidence in these, the more research I do the more I realise very few are seeing lump sums back after 4 years, seems 7 would be average.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

I've seen a few people mention they invested in this scheme after their financial advisor did the due diligence on the companies.

I would be interested to know what qualifications these financial advisors have and what information (at a high level) was in the report they provided to you.

• Advertisement

Just from experience I've never had to wait 7 years for my return, generally speaking it's been within a few months of the 4 years, in one case I've had the repayment split over 2 years (year 4 & 5). just my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Kinsailor

Any updates on this thread on EEIS Investments 8-15 years on from many of the original posts : I am especially interested in feedback in BVP given that their initial funds were in 2006/2007 and they continue to advertise for EIIS funds each year (including 2023).

My alternative is to go with a larger reputable provider such as Davy, BDO etc but I fear that their fees may be extortionate

Thanks for any comments.

There is a post by sector_000 on page 3 where he/she lists how he/she has done - all individual investments. I have a history going back to 2007 (back then it was BES) except for a couple of years, all repaid as promised to date, a few a little bit slow. I have one current outstanding which should have been repaid by now but I am not overly concerned about it. All of mine have also been individual investments.

There is a slightly worrying post on page 2 by gman1987 about the BVP 2019 fund. While I know nothing about the BVP, Davy, or BDO funds, I'd assume they are all pretty similar.

Just got over the line with the usual paperwork rush.

Got an email from BVP fund yday asking if there was interest as some spaces left - need to apply by Dec 30

BVP were turning on the urgency throughout the last couple of weeks, main reason I felt it best to leave it this year as it didn't sit well. Will have to watch this year, see what I missed out.

These "fees" were also a concern, if I go direct versus a broker, it's still 3%. I was told by BVP that the 3% it's used to manage the portfolio, but in the same breath told that if it's a broker, the broker gets the 3% so it's not the truth (or really inaccurate information been provided).

I think there will be a big drop off in EIIS interest now with the 30% from 2024 - which has effect with the current batch of funds. Imagine all the funds may have been similarly affected and companies may find it tougher to raise funds

Probably, but it is still a very cheap source of funds for business so I suspect there will be better (non-tax) returns available from next year on, if there aren't I think it will die a death

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

I think the new EIIS tax relief rates will kill it off.

It's a turn-off for me... and I've gone into EIIS every single year since 2012!

As the Dragons would say.... I'm out.🐲

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

EIIS needs to pay a decent return to attempt to cover the risk behind such undiversified investments.

I've definitely had some painful hits over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

I just stung with this thinking it was EIIS eligible. Hoping we get some sorta tax rebate. 🙏.

Advertisement