Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Think if I’m going again I’ll be looking into online option to avoid the hassle. The restaurant isn’t open either!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Little things you take for granted like I came out of the shop and (too much information I know!) I needed the jacks. Queue for another hour to get back in? Normal times you’d nip back in and no problem. Also it wasn’t warm queuing in a drafty car park so bring a jacket or fleece

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

road_high wrote: »
    Little things you take for granted like I came out of the shop and (too much information I know!) I needed the jacks. Queue for another hour to get back in? Normal times you’d nip back in and no problem. Also it wasn’t warm queuing in a drafty car park so bring a jacket or fleece
    5hit happens lol #TheStruggleIsReal
    could have drove somewhere else quicker; assuming you have a vehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

If I remember rightly the loos are very close to the exit in IKEA as they are also to the entrance.
    You go around a loop as you move from entrance to exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,071 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cerco wrote: »
    If I remember rightly the loos are very close to the exit in IKEA as they are also to the entrance.
    You go around a loop as you move from entrance to exit.

There are also another set of toilets at the exit which you can directly go to for Customer Services / Returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

OH went in Friday, queued for 30 mins at 4pm, said it very well organised and she was back out in a couple of hours.
    Restaurant is closed but the fast food at the exit is open.
    Mentioned 3 people who went in to "return" something, she wasn't sure why 3 people were needed to go in to return something so thinks they were going into the store without bothering to queue outside.
    She reckons it will be hell in the winter though if there are still queues going in if it's cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Went to Ikea last Sunday expecting to queue for 45 minutes to an hour. Joined Q at 3.30pm and the security guard said it is a 45 minute wait. But the Q moved quickly enough and you were shuffling forward every 30 seconds or so. We got in at 4.03pm so not too bad at all given the circumstances.
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    She reckons it will be hell in the winter though if there are still queues going in if it's cold.

yeah its fine queuing now but I wouldnt fancy it in the winter. Plus that area of Ballymun can get pretty windy. Might be an idea to stock up on a few things to save going there over winter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It just doesnt seemed to have died down at all really has it. Seems you might be lucky and get inside within about 30 minutes but other times it could be double that.
    It's how IKEA make their money. There are practically no other homewares shops where you can go in and get what you want, load it in the car and have it home that day.
    Most others you'll have to order it and wait 6 weeks for it to be delivered. Or if it's flat-pack, it's crap. I've yet to find any flat pack that comes close to IKEA quality.

Before covid, we all saw the constant crowds. It could be 8pm on a Thursday and there'd still be a hundred customers in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

seamus wrote: »
    It's how IKEA make their money. There are practically no other homewares shops where you can go in and get what you want, load it in the car and have it home that day.
    Most others you'll have to order it and wait 6 weeks for it to be delivered. Or if it's flat-pack, it's crap. I've yet to find any flat pack that comes close to IKEA quality.

Before covid, we all saw the constant crowds. It could be 8pm on a Thursday and there'd still be a hundred customers in the shop.

i 100% agree with everything you said; id like to add though: I've recently bought a fold out desk built by a company called HOMCOM the quality and instructions are equal to that from IKea and there a uk based company,
    bought through AOSOM.ie arrived in three working days via UPS only 97 euro make a nice drinks cabinet too lol I'm surprised IKEA don't sell something like it, there's a few on Amazon from different company's but they cant currently ship from there location in china due to a restriction at the moment. hence how i found this uk based supplier.
    I'm absolutely delighted with it,

pmyxjYWBj

povGLp7kj

pm5AjK4Bj

pnqjpn9rj

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Tree wrote: »
    Took me 2.5 hours to get through to them on webchat.

There's loads of stuff they don't *currently* have in their delivery hubs so they make you take that out of your basket.
    When you finally *do* order what is available, you're looking at a minimum four week lead time.
    IF they cancel so much as a screw on me, I will be livid.
    Arrived ontime. New desk fantastic.

Bought an office chair from ajproducts and a few bits, also excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

LenWoods - that looks great! Super idea for a small space!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Anybody been out there recently, wondering how the queues are now?
    TIA

Cerco wrote: »
    Anybody been out there recently, wondering how the queues are now?
    TIA

Was there yesterday at 4pm. No queue at all so we walked straight in. Queue to pay at the till was only 5 minutes also. They are not accepting cash, its cards only. The restaurant is still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

thinking of going next week, anyone been recently? whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Went early last week at around 5ish. No queue but once we got inside it felt like they hadn’t actually been counting people because it was jammed. Way busier than a previous trip where we queued for 15 minutes but were very comfortable once we got in.

Went this evening
    Arrived at 6
    Sailed in
    Busy enough inside but not too bad
    15min wait at checkout
    Everything in stock apart from a few bowls the missus was after

Would imagine they'll be pretty busy today before closing again for level 5

Would imagine they'll be pretty busy today before closing again for level 5

I'd say so

Just opened up the box for the table top and its the wrong one :mad:

I took the sku from the one I was looking at on display and gave it to the wife to pay while I went browsing

Somebody must have swapped the labels. No chance of getting over now before lockdown, hope my receipt will hold up until we get out of jail

• Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'd say so

I took the sku from the one I was looking at on display and gave it to the wife to pay while I went browsing

Somebody must have swapped the labels. No chance of getting over now before lockdown, hope my receipt will hold up until we get out of jail

I'd be sending an email now just to have it registered with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'd say so

There's a 365 day return policy so you should be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Are they definitively closing? It's not clear to me under the definition of essential retailers that they would have to

yeah its not clear but I would still expect them to close given its being called as level 5, they wont want to be accused of putting their staff at risk during a level 5.

The retailers lobby seems to be trying to apply as broad a definition as possible as to what is considered essential retail but its hard to see buying furniture as essential in a pandemic so Id expect Ikea will close. Wouldnt be surprised if some other furniture shops stay open or at least try to until they are told to shut. Already there was a gym owner on the radio saying he is going to open tomorrow.

Already there was a gym owner on the radio saying he is going to open tomorrow.

Fair play to him

friend of mines brother has to shut up shop after 40yrs in business, this latest lockdown has been the final nail in the coffin for his business

He's fuming that he has to lose his livelihood and the GAA matches are going ahead. Its an absolute disgrace what the govt is doing to SME's

Martins lad is ok though, he can play his football cos he's an intercounty minor but fcuk the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fair play to him

The guards will be waiting for him to open as he's been on so many radio programmes advertising the fact he's opening at 5am against the guidelines.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Anyone tried an IKEA delivery post Brexit? Are they any better? Worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tree wrote: »
    Anyone tried an IKEA delivery post Brexit? Are they any better? Worse?

In February I made an order on a Sunday, it was delivered on the Tuesday. That was quicker than the last time I bought stuff in store and arranged for delivery instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ordered some stuff this week on Tuesday and it arrived by DPD on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I made an order on the 14th of March, it's due today, made another order on thr 23rd, most of it came in the 27th but half of one item came yesterday, they did tell us the day before the delivery to be fair to them.

I've ordered in the past from them online and it was atrocious, specifically if the order is fulfilled in the UK and there is any issue with your postcode (new builds can be tricky for that!). Not sure if big orders are still going through the UK or not anymore

Advertisement