Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

TheDriver wrote: »
    Virgin media player is ok but you need the orientation app and mouse toggle. You'd need to know what you want to watch before you use it. But it works fine once working.

does it ?
    i got it working but its all squashed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

NBC have launched their own VOD streaming service Peacock, they have a free version and two premium options with additional/exclusive content, one with ads for $4.99 per month and one with no ads for $9.99 per month. The English Premier League Pass additional games currently available for subscription on NBC Sports Gold is being ended at the end of this 2019-20 season and these games (approx 175 games) will migrate onto Peacock Premium for the upcoming 2020-21 season

I signed up to Peacock on it's website no problem via a VPN but when attempting to watch content looks like it is blocking most VPNs with the exception of the likes of NordVPN, however it is working perfectly for me (so far) on Getflix US DNS. Also, I learned after I signed up if you sign up via the Peacock official Android or Android TV app (Play Store US version should work for mobiles) you will receive an email offering you 3 months free Premium subscription until October 15

The Peacock app is not officially available on Fire TV, but you can sideload onto Fire TV with details on this link and it works for me on Fire TV with the Getflix US DNS I'm using - https://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-install-sideload-peacock-app-by-nbc-on-amazon-fire-tv-or-firestick/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

peacock working on firestick 4k here....expressvpn...new york server.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Do you get every premier league game with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bobbyg wrote:

You can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bobbyg wrote:

You can

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You can

Sorry I should have been more specific, can you get all the games with this NBC Peacock service?

175 out of the 380 Premier League games will be on Peacock from next season. The remaining 205 games will continue on NBC Sports Network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Ohmeha wrote: »
    175 out of the 380 Premier League games will be on Peacock from next season. The remaining 205 games will continue on NBC Sports Network

And its 100% free minus your vpn costs of course?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

And its 100% free minus your vpn costs of course?

No...

HOW TO WATCH PREMIER LEAGUE ON PEACOCK
    While Premier League fans will be able to stream four matches for free on launch day, you will need to purchase Peacock Premium to access full EPL coverage in the fall.

NBCUniversal is currently offering two different Peacock Premium tiers, both of which will get you access to Premier League coverage. The cheaper option is an ad-supported plan, which costs $4.99/month or $50/year. Those who don’t want to sit through commercials should check out the ad-free tier at $9.99/month or $100/year.

https://decider.com/article/how-to-watch-premier-league-peacock/

• Advertisement

No...

HOW TO WATCH PREMIER LEAGUE ON PEACOCK
    While Premier League fans will be able to stream four matches for free on launch day, you will need to purchase Peacock Premium to access full EPL coverage in the fall.

NBCUniversal is currently offering two different Peacock Premium tiers, both of which will get you access to Premier League coverage. The cheaper option is an ad-supported plan, which costs $4.99/month or $50/year. Those who don’t want to sit through commercials should check out the ad-free tier at $9.99/month or $100/year.

https://decider.com/article/how-to-watch-premier-league-peacock/

Cheers, $50 a year seems great value

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

bobbyg wrote: »
    Cheers, $50 a year seems great value

Will you need a US credit card to sign up for a peacock paid-plan though?

dougm1970 wrote: »
    peacock working on firestick 4k here....expressvpn...new york server.

Its working on KeepSolid now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Its working on KeepSolid now as well.
    Hi IrlJidel, is that Keepsolid DNS or VPN?
    Did you have to do anything special?

Just tried there with KeepSolid SmartDNS and I'm getting "not yet supported in your region"

Hi IrlJidel, is that Keepsolid DNS or VPN?
    Did you have to do anything special?

Just tried there with KeepSolid SmartDNS and I'm getting "not yet supported in your region"

This was using VPN using the generic US streaming endpoint. Another user reported it worked using the hulu endpoint. If you look in bargains forum someone mentioned there was a free 6 months deal for keepsolid vpn single device

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Will you need a US credit card to sign up for a peacock paid-plan though?
    Yeah I think so. I tried to sign up for the 3 month free trial for android users using my Revolut card but I received an error message so I signed up using Paypal linking that to my Revolut card and that worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

TECHNICAL/SEEKING HELP QUERY, SO FEEL FREE TO MOVE IF IT DOESN'T FIT HERE.

Have had a regular Firestick for about a year, great wee device.

However, it seems to have died yesterday. Is stuck on the HOME CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE screen. Remote does nothing, can't exit the screen. Remote seems to be working, it is switching the TV volume as before. Tried the few resets I found online like pressing and holding remote buttons and stuff, to no avail. Internet/WiFi is working ok.
    If guessing it's goosed, that it is bricked, and to be honest for the price I'll just get another one rather than faffing around, but if anyone has any ideas I'll try them.
    BTW is there anywhere B&M selling them now, or do I have to go back to Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

That message/screen comes up if there's no internet connection.
    Try long pressing the home button on the remote, if it works it'll show a shortcut to settings. Check the connection then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

I've had to disconnect mine from the power a few times and it has always fixed it.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    That message/screen comes up if there's no internet connection.
    Try long pressing the home button on the remote, if it works it'll show a shortcut to settings. Check the connection then.

Yea, thanks for the reply.
    I've tried all of the resetting options like that I can find, it's stuck on that screen and remote won't move from there, even though I think the remote itself is working (will operate the TV). Looks like the firestick is not seeing the outside works, ie the Internet, and I'm happy the Internet/WiFi connection should be good (a chrome cast I connected in same location works fine.)
    Thanks anyway. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

You any other TV's or monitors to try it in

That home button shortcut you need to press it for about 3-5 seconds. what happened when you did it, nothing?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    You any other TV's or monitors to try it in

That home button shortcut you need to press it for about 3-5 seconds. what happened when you did it, nothing?

Yea, nothing. Tried it on a second TV, same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Maybe try an app that replaces the remote to rule it out for definite.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Maybe try an app that replaces the remote to rule it out for definite.

Yea I tried that last night, it's not seeing the Firestick, which is again suggesting the stick is not talking to the outside world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Yea I tried that last night, it's not seeing the Firestick, which is again suggesting the stick is not talking to the outside world.

With the firetv stick plugged in try holding down the select (middle round button) and home button on the remote at the same time for about 60s.

Also have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

I don’t have a remote for my Firestick so downloaded the remote app. Now it’s looking for a password to allow changes to be made but I don’t have a password. Anyone know if there’s a default password or how I can find out what it might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

mollymac57 wrote: »
    I don’t have a remote for my Firestick so downloaded the remote app. Now it’s looking for a password to allow changes to be made but I don’t have a password. Anyone know if there’s a default password or how I can find out what it might be?

I don't think so. Everytime I've had to pair it the password has been random but I'd just contact Amazon support

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Thanks. I contacted Amazon support who advised using my Amazon password which I did but it didn’t work. My Firestick was trying to access my WiFi so wasn't connected to the internet so I’m not surprised it didn’t work. Stuck now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is there a hard reset button on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Leonita

Has anybody gotten any joy with the virgin media player app?

Advertisement