Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

#SpeakOut - Sexual Assault Allegations Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17 year old when he was 38. Creepy fúcker, never liked him.

I enjoy this hyper specific impression of 38 year old Seinfeld while he was dating a 17 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paiges family now in the mix after leaked emails

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote:
    I don't get why people think the show Seinfeld is so funny. People think it's the best thing ever and maybe it's me but I don't find it that funny.
    It was awesome. Larry David is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wouldn't shock me one bit. Whole family comes off as nasty carnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There's emails now ? I'd seen the allegations and Paige's mother deleted her twitter account and meant to make a statement on Facebook but I never read what she said. I wonder how the rock feels after making a movie which painted them in a good light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Lads remember that times where different, as long as our behaviours change with the times then we are showing we are learning from bad behaviour. when Seinfeld dated a 17 year old look around and see who else was also. It is not right now, or even in my lifetime, but using them as examples doesnt work in 2020

i await your abuse on this
    cian68 wrote: »
    I enjoy this hyper specific impression of 38 year old Seinfeld while he was dating a 17 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

link?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No wonder Paige is ****ed up if she was brought up in this environment

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

She tells a story of being in a car crash and her dad just came in and said "can you wiggle your toes? good, we've got a show tonight." Says it all really.

• Advertisement

She tells a story of being in a car crash and her dad just came in and said "can you wiggle your toes? good, we've got a show tonight." Says it all really.

I'm uncomfortable with that rhetoric.

Stu Hart used to "stretch" young wrestlers and physically abuse them. This was often laughed about and given as testimony as to how unique and lauded the dungeon was.

For the women there, would the dungeon be a symbol of men using their power or privilege?

Are men who had sex with women who wanted to have sex with them guilty of using their position of women wanting them?

Can sex only happen if people are of equal social status?

There is a LOT of uncomfortable and disgusting stories coming out. I don't know if they are true but if only a few of them are, it's disgraceful.

If, and hear me out, if you were a person who was accused of wrongdoing, when you were sure you didnt, what would your best course of action be? Deny it? Remain silent? Either way your name is out there as a predator.

Women deserve to be heard and believed. Men also need to be believed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With all this going on, you'd think AEW would've edited the audio on Dark this week where Luther called Marko Stunt a "little slut"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Nicky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't get why people think the show Seinfeld is so funny. People think it's the best thing ever and maybe it's me but I don't find it that funny.

Do you prefer apples or oranges?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Seinfeld was the reason family guy and the like became a thing; the situations were so absurd and played so convincingly by an excellent cast.

The key word is absurd there, and knowingly absurd. Today's society of whinging has no room for contemplating such subtlety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Seinfeld is the greatest American sitcom of all time. One of the main characters is a short, fat, balding man with glasses who spends a large portion of the series on the dole and living with his parents. Most other sitcoms at the time had characters played by gorgeous people who lived in gigantic apartments.

Anyway, when it comes to an accused responding to these accusations, there's really no good response. If they apologise for perhaps making someone feel uncomfortable, but deny assault, it sounds fishy. It's as good as an admission.

If they angrily deny the accusations, they come across as "protesting too much."

If they say nothing at all, then their silence is deafening.

Meanwhile, an accuser can make an accusation without providing any evidence and ruin someone's career and life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Itssoeasy wrote: »

No soup for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

To me Seinfeld is like Nirvana. Amazing and cutting edge at the time and influenced everything after it, but when you go back and listen or watch it's good but not super amazing because you have seen or heard so much stuff that took influence from the original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Are the WWE the only company to not actually make a comment on #Speakout all the other major and minor companies have made some kind statement.

Are the WWE the only company to not actually make a comment on #Speakout all the other major and minor companies have made some kind statement.

WWE did make a statement about this didn't they ? Or was after the George floyd killing ?

Ah a quick google say they did.
    “Individuals are responsible for their own personal actions. WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault.

“Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.”

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

“Individuals are responsible for their own personal actions. WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault.

“Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.”

Eh, the two lads were released, so they've been convicted already?

(I know it must be serious for WWE to straight up do so, maybe an admission of guilt the accused, but that statement seems like a double standard depending on how important you are for the company.)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah a quick google say they did.

interesting

Stone Cold got away with domestic abuse

Drew got booted for it

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Eh, the two lads were released, so they've been convicted already?

(I know it must be serious for WWE to straight up do so, maybe an admission of guilt the accused, but that statement seems like a double standard depending on how important you are for the company.)

There's a further part to that quote jak which says that WWE will be held to this if evidence of misconduct is clear then good luck.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    interesting

Stone Cold got away with domestic abuse

Drew got booted for it

Drew was the one assaulted I believe. Either poor form on your part or you must of skimmed through the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Drew was the one assaulted I believe. Either poor form on your part or you must of skimmed through the details.

Skimmed through the details

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Skimmed through the details

No bother.

Just goes to show though, a man of that size was a victim and lost his job over it, and then Impact asked her if she was ok with them signing him. Lol.

Advertisement