Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Duffy, International Man of Misery, sez Farewell to Fungus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Imagine the shock in Chateau Duffy last night when Mr. Duffy discovered that the angel of innocence herself Roisin is actually a Shinner? I need to check with the cath Lab to see if there were any emergency admissions last night so to speak as they say.

cozar wrote: »
    hopefully Malachy will be on again today to discuss the vandalism of Luke Kelly's statue.

We'll be waiting a long time for Malachy to be on Da Lahv Lahn again.

I suspect Mannix Flynn will be getting a call to discuss de Luke Kelly statue.

WHOY don’t day put Luke Kelly’s head on top of a big tall slippery spike on Sheriff Street, beyond de reach of paint an dat?

On top of de spire maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

He was left so metaphorically beaten up and battered after that show, that you almost expected him to write a book about himself.

Very interesting about that Dara Connemara guy. Anybody know any of the background? Dara is certainly not pulling any punches for sure, so he must be sure of his facts to post such things.

He stood in the recent election. He made a few YouTube videos and one of a recording of Joe loughnane.

dennispenn wrote: »
    He stood in the recent election. He made a few YouTube videos and one of a recording of Joe loughnane.

Some strong allegations against Loughnane in that tweet. Are they true? Can't be arsed investigating right now so to speak, nor do I have de time as they say.

• Advertisement

I was catching up on my “Followed Threads” and got the link to Joe’s Downfall moment from the Dee Forbes banging the .....etc thread, which just happened to be the first one on my list (BTW, did you see what I did there with that crafty reference to Hitler??). So I listened back and, as has been said many times since by other callers, it was pure gold. Joe’s ego knows no bounds but it was well and truly punctured during that 20 minutes or so. All the tricks mentioned already - the Dublin geography lesson, interruptions, hectoring, bias, and so on were all “present and correct”

Having listened to the segment, I then read this thread. Oh, the pure joy of it! The comments are brilliant, sharp and incisive, hilarious stuff. Thank you to all of you for making me smile, chuckle, laugh, spill my coffee etc.

All I can say is, “Well done, well done”!!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Some strong allegations against Loughnane in that tweet. Are they true? Can't be arsed investigating right now so to speak, nor do I have de time as they say.
    i saw the youtube video and heard joe on the recording when dara released them first.
    ive no doubt there is substance to the allegations.

as forthe allegations against dara? i dont believe them for one second, given the little info i know about her. not for a second do i believe her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Gingers Lives Matter

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

i saw the youtube video and heard joe on the recording when dara released them first.

as forthe allegations against dara? i dont believe them for one second, given the little info i know about her. not for a second do i believe her.

From the little I looked at, and given some of the stuff I saw on de twitter machine and dat, I'd be with you in terms of being sceptical so to speak.

After yesterday's GOLD expect a show about Dubalin in de rare auld times today or detah and misery for 75mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

People videoed in compromising position. We're seeing more and more of it.

News to me.

Should Aran island reopen.

Dublin mint. Again. Dublin man billed for thousands for one coin.

Willie Nelson is 87 years old, barely a teenager.

D'Arcy in de stedio today working de mics.

Difficult topic n yesterday's show so to speak, childers filming udder childers in compromising positions so to speak. Here's a thought, don't be shagging chung lads in public.

Should de Aran Islands re-open? Islanders have their say.

Dubalin Mint - promised yesterday, fadder of a caller got an invoice for €23,000 so to speak for wan coin.

What's this about? I seem to have missed it. Must have been after I turned off early in the show.

Good man Willie. Just a pup.

https://youtu.be/-tJXjt5D4zY

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

After yesterday's GOLD expect a show about Dubalin in de rare auld times today or detah and misery for 75mins.

20 minutes of cancer, followed by 25 minutes of a petal who has a sore leg and cant go to hospital, followed by 20 minutes of some fella who was born in a mother and babies home.

With the final 10 minutes of 3 callers who want the Sean Russell statue taken down and totally agree with Joe on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Expunge

The best of all that gold yesterday had to be the exchange on the tins of paint.

"Ten Tins of Paint????"

"Black Ops, Black Ops, Black Ops", sez Joe meekly.

Surely this has to be included on a future Lahve - Lahn thread title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

There was a knickers hung on the joe Dolan statue in mullingar recently. Have hear reports it was a nazi knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Listened to duffys show yesterday .
    It showed exactly what he is .
    The girl that was on talking about her experience of been filmed while having sex in public , forgot to accept her personal responsibility of the act .
    With duffys help , she blamed her friends , her parents , the school and even the pnsi who interviewed her .
    Not a mention of accepting her own role in this .
    She of course blamed it all on the drink .
    Look girl ... You decided to fxxk someone in public ... Deal with the fallout !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Listened to duffys show yesterday .
    It showed exactly what he is .
    The girl that was on talking about her experience of been filmed while having sex in public , forgot to accept her personal responsibility of the act .
    With duffys help , she blamed her friends , her parents , the school and even the pnsi who interviewed her .
    Not a mention of accepting her own role in this .
    She of course blamed it all on the drink .
    Look girl ... You decided to fxxk someone in public ... Deal with the fallout !!

Personal responsibility

YOU CANT SAY DAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Duffy right now feeling about as comfortable of going on air shortly as a gladiator shaking in the bowels of the Coliseum before meeting his fate at the jaws of some beast. Probably best he brings a second pair of underpants with him today as he may have to wash more than his hands by the end of the show.

• Advertisement

On top of de spire maybe?

Oh have it like dis one in Northumberland:

Expunge wrote: »
    The best of all that gold yesterday had to be the exchange on the tins of paint.

"Ten Tins of Paint????"

"Black Ops, Black Ops, Black Ops", sez Joe meekly.

Surely this has to be included on a future Lahve - Lahn thread title.

Black ops matter

It's up there with Cllr. Seamus Treanor and the canary to be fair. Shane O'Curry was aso excellent, but he only lasted 5mins.

Don't forget Blindboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Duffy right now feeling about as comfortable of going on air shortly as a gladiator shaking in the bowels of the Coliseum before meeting his fate at the jaws of some beast. Probably best he brings a second pair of underpants with him today as he may have to wash more than his hands by the end of the show.

You're wrong, Duffy had an early workout today in order to meet the day head on. He gave his team the hairdryer treatment yesterday and he has his backup team prepared. Expect the Duffster to have some sneaky comment or attack ready. It wouldn't be the first time he has shot a metaphorical bullet into someone's back to sate his bruised ego

Don't forget Blindboy.

Yeah, it was good but it wasn't a row per se. The highlight was when Mr. Duffy aked "is dat yer real voyis?" as aside from Willie O'Dea Mr. Duffy had never heard a Limerick accent previously in his whole life.

From memory BBBB replied wit "what dja mean, kid?"; using "kid" as they do seems common amongst Limerick natives (I went to Uni there).

Gods Gift wrote: »
    There was a knickers hung on the joe Dolan statue in mullingar recently. Have hear reports it was a nazi knickers.

Wat colour were de knickers? Was dare a broken down vehiclke car nearby?

A blast from the past. These 2 beauties were both in the same week:

https://soundcloud.com/nuala201/sean-deegan-explains-to-joe-duffy-why-he-rejected-498-out-of-500-asylum-claims

https://soundcloud.com/nuala201/cllr-seamus-treanor-accuses-joe-duffy-and-rte-of-bias

If you're new here you need to listen to them in order as the second refers to de furst and dat a lot so to speak as they say - dja follow me?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe wiping his arse with the running order sheet.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Nearly tempted to enter that Westlife competition just so if I win I can deny an actual fan the opportunity to have them do a private gig for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

“Ambitious project” ffs

Well I suppose when you consider Darcy’s incompetence it’s akin to the Apollo moon landings for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement