Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon Sports Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭JMcL

FinnC wrote: »
    Do they come out with new ranges every year for their running and cycling clothing?

Cycling gear definitely. They sponsor, or at least dd a few years ago, one of the French pro teams (have in mind FDJ, but their website doesn't list them), so there was always team kit in stock in the French store, but there's always a good turnover on the other stuff as well. I always make a beeline for the "Fin de serie" rail as depending on timing there are great bargains to be had for the previous seasons gear

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Anybody been out recently? How are their stock levels looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Chris871 wrote: »

Was out twice recently, (sunday 19/07 and wednesday 22/07). The Sunday was carnage, shelves empty, not a tube or puncture repair kit available. Wednesday was a little better there was a handful of each item left. It seems the only restock the shelves ever other day or once a day at best. There was a good size queue to get in both days.

I picked up some tyre levers, a co2 inflator and some of their mid level bib shorts for a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

Chris871 wrote: »

Out there last week, decent level of stock across the board to be honest. I picked up a gillet, some arm warmers and socks and bunch of other sh1te :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Was there today. Not a shred of medium left in most of the clothing.

Bike wise the guy was saying they're not doing bike to work for the moment as they don't have the stock (but will do it for the bikes/sizes in stock).

I was seriously very interested in the Ultegra AF, not in my size but price wise I think it looks. I love the idea of supporting the LBS but if you have a budget you have a budget.

It also depends what you're looking for I think. Some people would look down their nose at a bike from there but I can tell you for a fact that it's a far better bike than my 7 year old giant defy with claris groupset!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Was there today. Not a shred of medium left in most of the clothing...
    Yes, I was there a few days ago and everthing was either XXS or 2XL.

(I was intending to go to Ikea but when I saw the length of the queues, I went to Decathlon instead).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Been trying to call all week, also tried emailing and no response, anyone know if there shut or of any way to contact them.
    Want to order a bike on the btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Been trying to call all week, also tried emailing and no response, anyone know if there shut or of any way to contact them.
    Want to order a bike on the btw..

Haven't been to the shop in 3 weeks but I'd say they are too busy to take calls. Best is to go to the shop. The staff is extremely helpful

Some of the bikes there are looking good - carbon frames etc

The shops number is 012530166 anyways : just had a look at the website

I've been trying to call all week for non-cycling related items. I drove up the last two nights to physically check if the items were in stock and both times the shop was mobbed. I'd say they're just run off their feet.

Trying to get a Stilus emtb anyone know if there stocking them in Ireland, in the UK you've to order form their website at 11pm every night, meant to be very difficulty to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Was dragged to Ikea this morning. When we came out at 1sh, the queues were similar length for Ikea and decathlon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bank holiday weekend (not that it makes much difference at present) People are going camping and staycating I'd wager.

I read that as stray cating :D

I, like many a stray cat, am often misunderstood.

Also like a stray cat, I normally just want food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Was dragged to Ikea this morning. When we came out at 1sh, the queues were similar length for Ikea and decathlon.

Can decathlon not make a queue for cyclists and a queue for “others” 😀.

Think of it as a VIP line for us.

Can decathlon not make a queue for cyclists and a queue for “others” 😀.

Think of it as a VIP line for us.

Wheeled and unwheeled

Trying to get a Stilus emtb anyone know if there stocking them in Ireland, in the UK you've to order form their website at 11pm every night, meant to be very difficulty to get.

I was in the other day. They said that they weren't running the btw at the moment as they don't have full stock and they can only hold for two weeks - it often takes longer than this to get the payment through they were saying but it's to be back shortly.

The place was mobbed and to be fair to the guy there he way very helpful but they were run off their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Anyone want a lend of my Dublin Bus uniform? Apparently, it makes the queue disappear ;)

Only perk of the job, but they have little stock that I'm interested in, plus, I'm on the other side of the city.

Roll on August

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anywhere safe to lock a bike when visiting IKEA/Decathalon tomorrow? Is there bike stands in front of both buildings?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

Thargor wrote: »
    Anywhere safe to lock a bike when visiting IKEA/Decathalon tomorrow? Is there bike stands in front of both buildings?

There are bike stands in front of Decathlon.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »

Will you ask if it's possible to order a Stilus eMTB, money burning a hole in my pocket.

Threads merges and title updated.

Advertisement