Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone turned off by piercings/tattoos?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think sometimes you get used to tattoos on both men and women and you might think they look alright however in generally they look far better without them. I don’t think they enhance somebodies appearance. Some people can pull them off a lot better than others.
    I’m an awkward country guy for example. I wouldn’t be able to pull it off for example.

That’s my opinion but each to there own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

People still take this lads threads serious ?

Why is he allowed start all these sexual based threads?
    Just non stop every day! Obsessed with sex/dating/looks …..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

OP, did she say "no" to your propositioning her in front of an audience, followed by colourful descriptions of which bits of your anatomy that you can lick or some such?

I know two tattoo artists; one since childhood, and another who owns her own tattoo shop, and either of them would tell you that a bad tattoo is a bad tattoo, be it poor craftsmanship or poor placement of otherwise good tattoo work. Any self-respecting tattooist will - or should - be advising you on what you want done and where because sometimes, what looks great on a flat piece of paper, or inside our heads, does not translate well to a body part. That goes for men & women of all ages, builds, and sizes.

Personally, I'm not super-gone on facial or neck tattoos, but I have seen some well done ones (and well carried too) so - as others have already said - it's a wide spectrum. Piercings; other than the huge ear or nose stretchers, it's [mostly] all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I'm female and have several large tattoos.

Someone said above that they look masculine - mine are all very feminine and colourful.

It was also mentioned that they are unprofessional - I work as an accountant, I keep all of mine covered in work. It's not that difficult to do ... high necklines, long sleeves and dark tights.

I'm single and not particularly interested in dating, but even if I were, it doesn't bother me if men don't like tattoos on girls. I got them for me, not to impress anyone else.

For what it's worth, I'm from a middle-class family and have an excellent education and a successful career.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

I'd have sex with a girl with a tatoo but I would not date her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

I'd have sex with a girl with a tatoo but I would not date her.

I don't have tattoos but if I did I wouldn't have sex with a guy who couldn't spell "tattoo" properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Flickerfusion

I’ve seen a few hideous ones on both women and men.

I was browsing ASOS for some bargains yesterday and it’s like they have nothing but endless tattooed male models. I’m left thinking: he’s a good looking guy if it wasn’t for that giant tattoo on his neck and face - it nearly puts me off even the clothes he’s modelling.

Also I think they’ll go out of fashion again and people will be left with big ugly visible tattoos that will date badly.

I mean, imagine what they’ll look like when their skin gets wrinkly as they age!?

Small tattoos yeah fair enough, but getting your face and neck tattooed ?!? Maybe have a long think about it.

It’s a matter of personal taste but they do nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I generally like tattoos on men and women, regardless of age or how attractive they are. That said, if I see someone with a bad tattoo that's placed wrong or looks ridiculous, I cant help but judge the person negatively. Like today I saw a man with a big 'To young to die, to weird to live' tattoo in a fancy font on his leg.
    Ive seen a few stupid quotes up peoples forearms.
    Saw another guy with a weirdly placed purple flower on his arm - the flower was nice but the placement didnt look right.
    Badly done tattoos like do your research on an artist before you commit to their ****ty drawing skills permanently etched into your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Why?

Please tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Saw another guy with a weirdly placed purple flower on his arm - the flower was nice but the placement didnt look right.

Was there a chance it was a "Forgetmenot"?
    There was possibly a deeper meaning to it. It is the symbol for Alzheimer's among other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Was there a chance it was a "Forgetmenot"?
    There was possibly a deeper meaning to it. It is the symbol for Alzheimer's among other things.

No it wasnt, it was a big geometrical purple flower. The tattoo itself looked well, it was the placement was off.
    Im sure people who have stupid quotes up their forearms also have 'deep meanings' to them, doesnt make them look any less ridiculous.
    Each their own I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

No it wasnt, it was a big geometrical purple flower. The tattoo itself looked well, it was the placement was off.
    Im sure people who have stupid quotes up their forearms also have 'deep meanings' to them, doesnt make them look any less ridiculous.
    Each their own I suppose.

You missed the meaning. Only someone who knew what it meant and saw it would recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

It was also mentioned that they are unprofessional - I work as an accountant, I keep all of mine covered in work. It's not that difficult to do ... high necklines, long sleeves and dark tights.
    /QUOTE]

If they are all that great, why cover them up just because you are in work??

Tats are not attractive, and for me, would be a relationship stopper, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Iodine1 wrote: »

Same reason I don't wear jeans to work. Office dress code.

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with jeans. They're just not appropriate in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Iodine1 wrote: »

Office dress code usually.
    My previous job was shirt and tie jobbie, only at the Christmas party did I realise so many had tattoos, and most were shocked to see me with piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One of the times I’ve seen tattoos cause problems is when women are getting a wedding dress. They’ve no issue with having them on display normally.(relatives know they have them,etc) but for some reason they cause trouble on there wedding day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My girlfriend has quite a number of tattoos on her arms and she is an extremely attractive, private school educated, south Dublin protestant with wealthy parents. The generalising rhetoric about the "upper class" you are spouting is very ill advised.

There you go.. A spoilt/controlled brat wanting to break free of her upbringing.... Someone had to say it... May or may not be true... Ive no idea but this is the internet after all :D

Personally I don't like them on anyone.

There you go.. A spoilt/controlled brat wanting to break free of her upbringing.... Someone had to say it... May or may not be true... Ive no idea but this is the internet after all :D

Personally I don't like them on anyone.

I should really report you to the moderators for a comment like that.

Advertisement