Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone turned off by piercings/tattoos?

Options
  • 13-06-2020 8:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I've been called shallow for this but I'd never date a woman with many piercings/tattoos. I think a certain "type" of woman gets them.

Now you'll say that's silly and that there are hot women who have both. I'm not denying that and in fact I know a few, but the key important thing is how many and where.

In my experience, "upper" class women would never get visible tattoos around their arms/legs and if they do, it's very very tiny. That I don't mind at all. Same with piercings if they are kept to a minimum.

I just think that women who have an excessive amount of these tend to have something else to show off. That's been my case.

Comments

Is it upper class women you're trying to pull,yeah?..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

Not a fan of tattoos.....and certainly not the tramp stamps/arse antlers that we're all the rage back in early 2000s.

Be honest, OP, you'd get up on a cracked plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Tattoos look awful on a woman. Makes them look more masculine and a definite turn-off.

A nice tattoo,i wouldnt mind....really depends on wheter person can pull.them off

Piercings,ive no real feelings for either way,as never really encountered people into excessive piercings,just different social circles i guess

• Advertisement

The more the merrier.

Those massive yokes on their thighs that they do be getting now are fairly hideous..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

No, not into either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I really like tattoos on women and men. Then again I have a few myself.

All sorts of people get tattoos. Not sure if the OP is serious with his “certain type of woman..” spiel.
    Like something from another age.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I dislike tattoo's on men or women. To me it's just maiming yourself, but that's just my view on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Complete turn off for me, just think they are really unattractive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

No, but I also have tattoos and piercings so I don't see the issue.
    Some very good looking women that have plenty of both, likes of some metal band front women etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Some very good looking women that have plenty of both, likes of some metal band front women etc.

Some would argue that they were good looking before and not as good looking now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

They are dopey yokes. They look awful and unprofessional. They cost a fortune to remove if they are wrong and look dirty. Tattoos on the hands or neck..... have even seen ones on the face are screaming "DONT HIRE ME!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Depends most of the time they look fairly gaudy on women and they're fairly recent, be some blob in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Usual stupid comments I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,686 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

mdwexford wrote: »
    Usual stupid comments I see.

Not at all.. Tattoos may be all the rage in the last 15 years as people try to show how individual they are... by doing the same as their peers... but I've never liked them either. I've seen previously gorgeous girls destroy themselves until they look like an extra from Prison Break.

Piercings wouldn't be my thing either unless just in ears.

As you can probably tell, I have neither myself :)

That said, the above is just my own view. I also don't like wafer thin girls (curves ftw), but sure each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Not at all.. Tattoos may be all the rage in the last 15 years as people try to show how individual they are... by doing the same as their peers...

That's pretty much how I feel about them.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Not a fan of them myself.

I kinda get were the op is coming from...kinda! He is thinking of the rough inner city types.

I'm convinced some people with glaring obvious ones forget they won't be young forever and will look ridiculous in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

However unjustly, the sight of a woman with a lot of visible tattooing suggests either a scobe, or a lady who knows her way up and down an 18-speed range-splitter, if you take my meaning... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i like tatts on women so long as its not the neck or face, i absolutely fckin despise those discs in the ears that stretch them out,beyond hideous . in men and women.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 _Bow_Wow_

Wouldn't be a fan of facial tattoo but love sleeves

I've been called shallow for this but I'd never date a woman with many piercings/tattoos. I think a certain "type" of woman gets them.

Now you'll say that's silly and that there are hot women who have both. I'm not denying that and in fact I know a few, but the key important thing is how many and where.

In my experience, "upper" class women would never get visible tattoos around their arms/legs and if they do, it's very very tiny. That I don't mind at all. Same with piercings if they are kept to a minimum.

I just think that women who have an excessive amount of these tend to have something else to show off. That's been my case.

My girlfriend has quite a number of tattoos on her arms and she is an extremely attractive, private school educated, south Dublin protestant with wealthy parents. The generalising rhetoric about the "upper class" you are spouting is very ill advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

My girlfriend has quite a number of tattoos on her arms and she is an extremely attractive, private school educated, south Dublin protestant with wealthy parents. The generalising rhetoric about the "upper class" you are spouting is very ill advised.

She must have a granny from the northside!!

Does she keep the toaster in the cupboard? I know her type, they don't fool me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No wonder you haven’t got the ride :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Evidently she's ashamed of her posh origins and is doing her best to distance herself from them. Rather like the privately educated Mary Lou, Smirker Murphy and Rich Boy Barrett! It may also be why she's hanging around with you! :D

I bet she doesn't go to church service every Sunday - although that may be because the vicar asked her not to! ;)

...I bet she doesn't go to church service every Sunday - although that may be because the vicar asked her not to! ;)

Now you have it, bah. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

I wouldn’t put a big heart with “Mum” written in it on my wall; so probably wouldn’t particularly like it on a romantic interest.

For me it really depends on the quality of the tattoos and where they are; whether they suit the person or not and so on. I generally wouldn’t be a fan of face tattoos.

As for piercings I’m not a big fan of the large ear stretching fad; or indeed any of those over the top skin modifying piercings. Genital piercings wouldn’t be my thing either.

In saying that however I would find plenty of people with all of the above very attractive at times; it tends to suit some people whereas others it doesn’t.

I’ve also come across a very wide spectrum of people with tattoos and piercings; I really don’t think you can generalise to that kind of degree. I mean there are some very specific tattoos with some very specific meanings but other than that; nope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It depends.. if there is some meaning or story behind it, or it just looks good artistically then great, it always increases my attraction to a girl I find, but if it's just a stamp or you got it cause you were drunk/ everyone else was getting one then..ya.. that's a turn off alright.

Advertisement