Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albums without a single bad track on them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tiredalways

Been listening to mezzanine by massive attack again recently.still as fresh and good as ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Been listening to mezzanine by massive attack again recently.still as fresh and good as ever

Brilliant album. Would you know which massive attack album is your favourite? I always find it hard to pick between blue lines and protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Anathema - Judgement

Love every track on that. Listening to it as an angsty teenager was just perfection.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Excellent album and I can't believe I left it out of the OP..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Paul Simons Graceland album is mine. Bought it on cassette and cd(2). Still stick it on if. driving a journey, never tired of it and completely different to what I usually listen to

• Advertisement

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Paul Simons Graceland album is mine. Bought it on cassette and cd(2). Still stick it on if. driving a journey, never tired of it and completely different to what I usually listen to

Top class.

Aphex Twin - I care because you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Tom Petty - Wildflowers
    Travis - The Man Who
    Daft Punk - Discovery
    Primal Scream - Screamadelica
    Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

These would get my vote:

MUS000480200_600x.jpg?v=1557313858

Ten_Summoner%27s_Tales.jpg

R-48-1471958075-1151.jpeg.jpg

R-1643580-1572417599-3192.jpeg.jpg

So_%28album%29.png

R-1179674-1198750953.jpeg.jpg

51707BV6Y3L._SY355_.jpg

808state_ex-el_cover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

My dying bride - the dreadful hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Morpork wrote: »
    Anathema - Judgement

Love every track on that. Listening to it as an angsty teenager was just perfection.

Anathema released a couple of albums without any bad songs and that ain't one of them, Anyone Anywhere is pure cringe for a start

Alternative 4 has nothing but great songs on it, very underappreciated album.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Is this thread closed off to old lads? Haven’t seen many albums post 2000 on here yet :D:D

While I'm an old lad myself, a few more recent favorites albums that stand with the best of them in my humble opinion. Tons of brilliant new music coming out at the moment.

FIONAAPPLECOVER.jpg

R-9177038-1508366911-3218.jpeg.jpg

Hive_Mind_-_The_Internet.jpg

GUEST_711b639d-3b05-456c-b8a0-8c78eb9156f5?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Bambi wrote: »
    Anathema released a couple of albums without any bad songs and that ain't one of them, Anyone Anywhere is pure cringe for a start

Alternative 4 has nothing but great songs on it, very underappreciated album.

Plainly it's all subjective but I found Alternative 4 to be more overrated than anything. If you look at 'top Anathema albums' lists you'll find Judgment mostly places 1st with Alternative 4 somewhere below it, but still placing higher than it would on my list.

Don't know how you could find Anyone Anywhere cringe and not say - Goodbye cruel world.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Morpork wrote: »
    Plainly it's all subjective but I found Alternative 4 to be more overrated than anything. If you look at 'top Anathema albums' lists you'll find Judgment mostly places 1st with Alternative 4 somewhere below it, but still placing higher than it would on my list.

Don't know how you could find Anyone Anywhere cringe and not say - Goodbye cruel world.

Yeah cos they were signed to a label with a bit of cash who gave them a big push on the chick rock front :D

What Judgment had going for it was that Kit Woolven is a legend of a producer and made it sound like an iconic rock record, it's a great album but some of the tracks are piss weak.

David Gray - White Ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Big Country - The Crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Big Country - The Crossing.

The album version of In A Big Country isn’t great though; they got it right for the single mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tiredalways

Brilliant album. Would you know which massive attack album is your favourite? I always find it hard to pick between blue lines and protection.

Between blue lines and mezzanine for me.not so keen on protection!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Appetite for destruction is close.. would almost listen to the album through maybe skipping one song only.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Moon safari by Air, not a single weak tune on that album.
    Corrected due to brain fart!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Listrydude wrote: »
    Air by Moon safari, not a single weak tune on that album.
    Blue Lines, has to be the very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

There are some really good songs on that album but I am sorry to say there are a couple of filler tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭jacool

Automatic For The People - REM
    Seamonsters - The Wedding Present
    On Our Big Fat Merry Go Round - a House
    Heartworm - Whipping Boy

. . . . . because I listened to them all on vinyl, I never skipped any songs, so there's a path through each album for me.
    Some tracks are better, sure, but to me its like "one thing" , acknowledging you had to turn them over half way through :)
    Dunno if that's possible now, they way music is "packaged"

Badly Drawn Boy - The hour of bewilderbeast

Bjork - Debut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Gorillaz - Demon Dayz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Isn't it Moon Safari by Air? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

nc6000 wrote: »
    Isn't it Moon Safari by Air? :confused:
    Ha! The night shift doesn't suit me! You are right!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Cant believe I left Gorillaz' Demon Days out of the OP,
    Been listening to it again over the last week or 2 and was reminded at how utterly brilliant it is.

519v3yAfFeL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

XO by Elliott Smith

Advertisement