Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given wrong UAN

Options
  • 09-06-2020 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am trying to switch my landline and broadband from Vodafone and have asked for my UAN on two occasions, both times I have been given the wrong number.

I find this to be extremely unscrupulous of a company as big as Vodafone.

Does anyone know how I can get it as the consumer protection agency may be my next option.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Did it occur to you to check your bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

naijaboy wrote: »
    I am trying to switch my landline and broadband from Vodafone and have asked for my UAN on two occasions, both times I have been given the wrong number.

I find this to be extremely unscrupulous of a company as big as Vodafone.

Does anyone know how I can get it as the consumer protection agency may be my next option.

What would the consumer protection agency do?

I find it extremely unscrupulous that someone would go to the effort of this thread and not check their bill

• Registered Users Posts: 7 naijaboy

skinny90 wrote: »

I find it extremely unscrupulous that someone would go to the effort of this thread and not check their bill

I have checked my bill and it is not on it. As I mentioned I called their customer service twice and was given the wrong UAN. How is this so difficult to understand? I am currently waiting for a manager to call me.

I hope the consumer protection agency can ensure I get it so as to peacefully change my provider (something that should not be an obstacle course).

If you know of an easy way of getting I would love to know.

Thank you.

AngryLips wrote: »

Yes it did. Not there.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

naijaboy wrote: »
    Yes it did. Not there.

Thank you.

It is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It is there.

In the OP's defence some formats of Vodafone bills don't include it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

It has to be on your bill, buy if you open your bill in chrome, it may not show.

Download a bill and then open it in adobe on a desktop and it should be there or login to myvodfone and download a bill from there.

Every telco puts the UAN on their landline bills

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

AngryLips wrote: »
    skinny90 wrote: »

This forum is really gone to hell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

MOH wrote: »
    This forum is really gone to hell

With outlandish issues that arnt really issues, yeah I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭AnRothar

If the OP has a Siro connection then their account UAN may not match any landline.

AnRothar wrote: »
    If the OP has a Siro connection then their account UAN may not match any landline.

I have Siro. Maybe this explains it.
    Why couldn't they have said this, and how does one then keep their number if there is no UAN?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

It is there.
    AnRothar wrote: »

Makes me wonder

Advertisement