Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy farm worker

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭cute geoge

kerry cow wrote: »
    pay gross , not net .

a person tax is their own affair .

I dont think it is as easy as that anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Plenty of dairy farmers are making a lot of money , would they not give their worker a reasonable rate of 15 Euro an hour and hold onto them than paying minimum wage ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Its interesting because I could do with a lad/lass but he or she might be there all say but.only working say 5 to 6 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Its interesting because I could do with a lad/lass but he or she might be there all say but.only working say 5 to 6 hours
    Split shift might suit 3 hours in morning 3 hours in evening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Plenty lads are paying over and above it, particularly depending on roles and responsibilities. It still takes a certain scale and profitability to pay a person fulltime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

ruwithme wrote: »
    I reckon if i was dairy farming and looked for a worker in the morning,paying €10 a hour i,de have me pick of lads and maybe lassies.

It's the way things are for now anyway. Our countries full of youth,keen to work and maybe learn something too.

Maybe our region is lucky in that. Look at the marts. They have plenty of help,mainly young help,and thats only odd days a week

I doubt the marts are paying much more than €10 ahour

Marts employ mostly farmers who want 2-3 day part-time works week. Ya it minimum wage but that is totally different to working full-time for a dairy farmer 40-50 hours a week.

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement