Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Backlash 2020 Thread 14th June (Contains Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought Randy/Edge was great. I thought Drew/Lashley was great (until the Lana ending). The Street Profits vs Viking Raiders stuff was Wrestlecrap, but thats right up my street.

So, basically, I thought that was a really strong show over all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So will the tag title match be on Raw tonight? Fun segment. That ref reminds me of Steph sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sheamus vs Jeff Hardy was a bit sloppy at times but I throughly enjoyed it. Their styles match well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

ricero wrote: »
    Sheamus vs Jeff Hardy was a bit sloppy at times but I throughly enjoyed it. Their styles match well together.
    They got a long time too, which is rare for a mid-card feud nowadays. Last few PPVs WWE have seem to have gone with substance over style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looking forward to seeing more of the Ninja faction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Smiled the whole way through the Viking Profits segment. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Smiled the whole way through the Viking Profits segment. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Does the whole Vikings Profit segment not dilute the whole product. Like the Orton and Edge hard hitting real storyline followed a segment with a magic chicken leg, a dumpster monster and a ninja faction.

Don't get me wrong it wa good until it completely jumped the shark in that segment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sirsok wrote: »
    Does the whole Vikings Profit segment not dilute the whole product. Like the Orton and Edge hard hitting real storyline followed a segment with a magic chicken leg, a dumpster monster and a ninja faction.

Don't get me wrong it wa good until it completely jumped the shark in that segment.

WWE is a variety show. There's the wrestling purists who will love Bryan/AJ from Smackdown, people who want blood feuds like Edge/Orton and this is supposed to appeal to kids too and I imagine a lot of kids find a bowling ball to the balls and a magic chicken leg funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Magic chicken leg? I assumed it was the Force, which ties into the weird Star Wars trash compactor homage at the end, including direct quotes.

And it was a turkey leg. (I just know that because it's what they always talk about) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

J. Marston wrote: »
    WWE is a variety show. There's the wrestling purists who will love Bryan/AJ from Smackdown, people who want blood feuds like Edge/Orton and this is supposed to appeal to kids too and I imagine a lot of kids find a bowling ball to the balls and a magic chicken leg funny.

I'm well aware what WWE is but there surely had to be some realm of believability? Under any construct you need to work within that universe. For awhile I was entertained by this but it's getting beyond ridiculous now.

At the age of 30 maybe my time has passed because during the McIntyre leaner mania match which came directly after the fun house match I thought if they are openly making fun of their product why would I give a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

WWE "comedy" is the dirt-worst, total bottom of the barrel stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

WWE "comedy" is the dirt-worst, total bottom of the barrel stuff.

Nothing like a racist stereotype gimmick to get the laughter flowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sirsok wrote: »

I've come around to the idea that WWE is simply entertainment. I took it for what it was, a skit, rather than a blood and guts, drag out affair. I resisted for the longest time, but if i want real wrestling, i'm not relying on WWE for that fix any more.

The Orton / Edge story was hard hitting for sure, but the piped in crowd noise and the virtual Fink etc took from it, for my tastes at least

Advertisement