Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Backlash 2020 Thread 14th June (Contains Spoilers)

Options
  • 31-05-2020 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭

220px-WWE_Backlash_GWME_Poster.jpg

takes place Sunday June 14th on the WWE Network

Confirmed matches so far
    Edge vs Randy Orton
    Drew McIntyre (C) vs Bobby Lashley- WWE Championship
    Braun Strowman (C) vs Miz & Morrison- WWE Universal Championship
    Askua vs Nia Jax- WWE Raw Womens Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

event was taped yesterday apprently

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im guessing the reason they are having AJ vs Bryan on SD instead of Backlash is because they dont want it to overshadow " the greatest wrestling match ever"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

-WWE Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Bobby Lashley

-WWE Universal Champion Braun Strowman vs. The Miz and John Morrison

-Edge vs. Randy Orton

-Raw Women’s Champion Asuka vs. Nia Jax

-WWE Women’s Tag Champions Bayley and Sasha Banks vs. Iiconics vs. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross

-Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    -WWE Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Bobby Lashley

-WWE Universal Champion Braun Strowman vs. The Miz and John Morrison

-Edge vs. Randy Orton

-Raw Women’s Champion Asuka vs. Nia Jax

-WWE Women’s Tag Champions Bayley and Sasha Banks vs. Iiconics vs. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross

-Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus

Expect Charlotte to be added to the raw womens title match

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ah man just noticed that the WWE are rehashing TNA storylines and world title matches now.

• Advertisement

Ah man just noticed that the WWE are rehashing TNA storylines and world title matches now.

ssshh that never happened

Lashley and Drew were training there asses off and stayed at home and didnt have any contact before they both returned to WWE.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And wasnt MVP also involved as Lashleys manager :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The women's match triple threat yet, after Charlotte beat Asuka?

The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever will have some way to go to even be the best WWE match of the weekend after Bryan and AJ on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Greatest march ever? Me bollocks :pac:
    I get it, It's just a name to sell a match. But is it really the right call? :p

What match could have been called that going in of all of pro wrestling history? Hogan and rock maybe. Not Orton and edge tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Melina vs Alicia Fox.

I'm more surprised that they used the word 'wrestling'.

Charlie started all this greatest match stuff

Anyone think any titles will change hands ?

Will Ottis be smart enough for a successful cash in ?

I'd love if they went with a 3 second match won by school boy rollup win by Orton.

Poor Charly for being made say that in the first place. And just seemed so forced. Especially when hear Cole say something like "Some are calling it the greatest match ever".
    They'll probably equate a great match with a long match and just really drag out with multiple RKO attempts

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Poor Charly for being made say that in the first place. And just seemed so forced. Especially when hear Cole say something like "Some are calling it the greatest match ever".
    They'll probably equate a great match with a long match and just really drag out with multiple RKO attempts

Spear into an RKO

Be nice if they ended the current programme here but have a feeling it will drag on into Summerslam

Edge might not even face someone else in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hopefully the iconics or Alexa and Nikki win the tag belts and get them as far away as possible from Sasha banks. I mean if she loses tonight it'll will have been considered a long reign. I hope after tonight Bayley concentrates on being the smackdown champ again and with what looks like a feud with Sasha I hope Bayley wins the feud.

I imagine the greatest match of all time will be the main event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

Is there even a point of watching this ppv or any ppv from the wwe anymore as they just repeat the matches the next night on RAW and the following Smackdown 80% of the time. Also since this has already been recorded and the writing team has been sacked and Prichard taking over i have a feeling this ppv will be very quickly forgotten about.

Pre show 11pm
    Main show 12am-3am

• Advertisement

The whole show has not been pre taped btw. I think it's the edge vs Orton match that's been pre taped. Even edge thought the title greatest ever was a joke at first.

Looks like the show was taped alright and confirmed by HHH.

WWE Backlash 2020 Spoilers: PPV Taped At Performance Center Prior To NXT TakeOver: In Your House

After the WWE Backlash taping this morning/afternoon at the WWE Performance Center, they will then be taken back to Full Sail for NXT TakeOver: In Your House which will be broadcast live, as was confirmed by Triple H earlier in the week during a conference call.

https://ewrestling.com/article/wwe-backlash-2020-spoilers-ppv-taped-performance-center-prior-nxt-takeover-your-house

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

A thought that Miz and Morrison will win, to enable Otis and Tucker to cash it occurred to me during the week and I can’t shake it..

WWE are clearly out of ideas, would at least have people discuss the product, despite it being silly

bennyl10 wrote: »
    A thought that Miz and Morrison will win, to enable Otis and Tucker to cash it occurred to me during the week and I can’t shake it..

WWE are clearly out of ideas, would at least have people discuss the product, despite it being silly

possibly the fiend might appear and cost Braun

Miz and Morrison's new song makes me think of Joe Hendry.

Maybe this won't be the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever. Maybe it's just a tribute

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hey hey hey ho ho, Universal champion has got to go!

What a banger.

Sasha and Bayley retain the tag titles. Shame.

no backstage meltdown for Sasha

Sheamus a dub out and out

• Advertisement

this match is quite long

Advertisement