Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭endainoz

Joffrey wrote: »
    Is your uncle paraphrasing Billy Connolly, who said there is no bad weather, only wrong clothes.

I despise that phrase, constantly showing up on the weather forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭rubick

LOGISTICS

How do they sell this to Laois County Council?
    Will there be testing as we go in at the wristband exchange? Vaccine Passports/Proof of Vaccination?
    Honestly, I'd be happy with a test on the way in. We've already bought some home testing kits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kepler21

rubick wrote: »
    LOGISTICS

Will there be testing as we go in at the wristband exchange? Vaccine Passports/Proof of Vaccination?
    Honestly, I'd be happy with a test on the way in. We've already bought some home testing kits too.

I think they would have to require proof of recent test or vaccination. That's the only way you can know if the people around you are relatively safe. I would be very happy to need a test or a vaccination vert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

rubick wrote: »
    LOGISTICS

Worst case: People who have made their way down and are queuing could potentially cause a spread. If you socially distance a queue by the 2M per group, queue length would be upwards of 20km, that just not practical.

I think a test in your local pharmacy a couple of days beforehand would be the most practical, but you must question what the "proof" will be and how easily it can be forged? More security = higher cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

How ****in nerdy am I!, Read most of the long pdf planning permission doc!! And actually enjoyed reading it!!

Really interesting to see tent capacities!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Worst case: People who have made their way down and are queuing could potentially cause a spread. If you socially distance a queue by the 2M per group, queue length would be upwards of 20km, that just not practical.

I think a test in your local pharmacy a couple of days beforehand would be the most practical, but you must question what the "proof" will be and how easily it can be forged? More security = higher cost.

Would have to show proof of a negative test within 24 hours of entry, a few days would leave too much time.
    Think I saw one event that had a QR you could access once you had a negative test on the morning of entry that had to shown for entry, the system is there, it's just a case of seeing if it can take 70,000 people using it in a short time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

A huge % of attendees will be fully vaccinated so they shouldn't have to do any test so the Q will just be for unvaccinated people so won't be as long.

There have been thousands of big events all over the world so we just copy best practice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Download Pilot is this weekend, they will most likely mirror their process, so should know by tomorrow how its done

How ****in nerdy am I!, Read most of the long pdf planning permission doc!! And actually enjoyed reading it!!

Really interesting to see tent capacities!

I loved reading through it, but I'm mad for that type of planning and event organizing stuff anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

what are the chances you'll only be able to get a refund before the line up is announced? Although do they have to offer a refund if the headlines change??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Stillill42

paulieeye wrote: »
    what are the chances you'll only be able to get a refund before the line up is announced? Although do they have to offer a refund if the headlines change??

They specified a refund based on the change of date in the press release yesterday. I don't think there's any confusion there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There'll probably be a cut off date to claim a refund, as they'll want to put all returned tickets back on sale.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    They specified a refund based on the change of date in the press release yesterday. I don't think there's any confusion there.

Ya i saw that but was wondering how long the refund period will be, i.e. before or after the line up is announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And hugging? If this goes ahead I'll even bearhug David fcuking Guetta.

This is a step too far!

paulieeye wrote: »
    Ya i saw that but was wondering how long the refund period will be, i.e. before or after the line up is announced

That's a good point in fairness, I would assume going by my uneducated opinion, that they won't say anything about a lineup until the licence is granted.

Speaking of lineups and possible crossover, Seasick Steve is down for a couple of UK festivals, would be great to see him again. He was auld when I saw him ten years ago so might not get another opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Folks I couldn’t care less it if it is lashing rain and freezing cold for it

As my old uncle often said No such thing as bad weather just bad preparation

In other words have appropriate clothing!!

Also am I right In saying there’s been plenty of days over the years at EP when the weather was bad but good fun was had .....

A few Public Service Broadcasting fans have a rain fetish alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    That's a good point in fairness, I would assume going by my uneducated opinion, that they won't say anything about a lineup until the licence is granted.

Speaking of lineups and possible crossover, Seasick Steve is down for a couple of UK festivals, would be great to see him again. He was auld when I saw him ten years ago so might not get another opportunity!

Almost a decade younger than most of the Stones so should be fine for a while. Hope I've not jinxed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Jeff Mills will be playing on the Friday according to bandsintown.

endainoz wrote: »

Ya and I dont think they'd try to pull a fast one and not allow refunds after the line up announcement to be fair, should be plenty of people on board to snap up any tickets no matter what the line up.

Some quality acts playing in those uk festivals that were posted here. Definitely the makings of a quality line up in there.

In saying that, I'm fully expecting Crystal Swing to be one of the headliners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Poorside wrote: »
    Would have to show proof of a negative test within 24 hours of entry, a few days would leave too much time.
    Think I saw one event that had a QR you could access once you had a negative test on the morning of entry that had to shown for entry, the system is there, it's just a case of seeing if it can take 70,000 people using it in a short time period.

The price of the test is not helpful also.

I think a good few people might be going for refunds, have of our usual group won't be going for various reasons, they could be banking on 10,000+ not attending. But there is a serious appetite for gigs out there so who knows.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Jeff Mills will be playing on the Friday according to bandsintown.

Woohoo! We're up and running! I love when people start finding this stuff. He's down for the new dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A few Public Service Broadcasting fans have a rain fetish alright.

To slightly mis-quote that horrendously cheesy line from Andie McDowell in four weddings.....'Was it raining, I hadn't noticed'

Probably my favourite EP gig of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Woohoo! We're up and running! I love when people start finding this stuff. He's down for the new dates?

Yep, you can see it here .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭rubick

He was booked for the previous line-up, wasn't he?
    Offffft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

RATM down for the 24th as well, along with Picture This and Rick Astley.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I will go to two of these three!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

There's a trend here...

If you look back at the original lineup, many, many of them have the date in the diary. This, to me looks like a software "feature", whereby the original lineup has been kept as "EP 2020 Lineup" list, and the date has merely been changed.
    Could be wrong here, but I think there will possibly be a rework to the artiste list in the near future, where the old one is scrapped and the new one put in place.

• Advertisement

There's a trend here...

If you look back at the original lineup, many, many of them have the date in the diary. This, to me looks like a software "feature", whereby the original lineup has been kept as "EP 2020 Lineup" list, and the date has merely been changed.
    Could be wrong here, but I think there will possibly be a rework to the artiste list in the near future, where the old one is scrapped and the new one put in place.
    This makes sense.

Advertisement