Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Song Sung By A Woman.

Options

Comments

Round 5 scores:

Score #
    20 1
    18 2
    16 2
    14 3
    12 1
    10 2
    8 4
    6 4
    4 2
    2 1
    0 4

Probably the weakest playlist overall for me thus far, though it did include one song I'd never heard before that I really really liked and gave an 18 to, so thank you to the person(s) who nominated that! :)
    Alas another song I love got a zero because it's very much a male-sung track and there just isn't enough female vocals on it for it to be in this competition imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nymphetamine Fix - Cradle Of Filth

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47c11dd54eb668e0270b2cf118a1bd97f84269b5da&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ShaneU wrote: »

I thought it was great

It was ok until the guy who sounds like he smokes 200 cigarettes a day started singing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I find Madonna incredibly overrated, hopefully there isn't too many more of her songs in this. I would probably only give one of her songs a high score and that song hasn't appeared yet

• Advertisement

Consider that a warm up for what is to come later ;)

Cradle of Filth got the same score from me that Britney Spears did.
    Whether that was closer to 20 or to 0 I won't say. :p

Closer to 20 would be my guess... ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I like Britney but I think there are songs that better display her vocal abilities if I'm honest.

Since everyone else is doing it, I'm a lot more generous than you meanies, some great 80's songs in this

Round 5

Score #
    20 7
    18 2
    16 3
    14 3
    12 0
    10 2
    8 1
    6 2
    4 3
    2 1
    0 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I liked playlists 4 and 5 the best so far too Shane :)

Necro wrote: »
    I liked playlists 4 and 5 the best so far too Shane :)
    Yes, no country today though! :D Well 9 to 5 sort of is

Just a heard a song that I totally would have nominated if I thought of it. Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, if someone else nominated it it gets a 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Quite a few Sinead O'Connor numbers so far, which is no bad thing. She had a beautiful voice and she was gorgeous even with the cue-ball bonce.

We shall have to agree to disagree on all of that purple tin... I can't stand her :/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Am I too late to get in 5 or 15 by pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Another list with lots of high scores - and a zero for a change.

I thought Rock Lobster was a bit of a stretch as it is primarily a Fred song - but hey, one of my favourite songs of all time, so no complaints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Another list with lots of high scores - and a zero for a change.

I thought Rock Lobster was a bit of a stretch as it is primarily a Fred song - but hey, one of my favourite songs of all time, so no complaints :)

That's the one I was talking about earlier. I wouldn't just say primarily, I would say entirely.

I can't stand Rock Lobster myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I can't stand Rock Lobster myself

I will start an "enemy" list like LeVar's (it was LeVar, right?) and put you first!! :p :pac:

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I will start an "enemy" list like LeVar's (it was LeVar, right?) and put you first!! :p :pac:

Does everyone not have an enemies list? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Does everyone not have an enemies list? ;)

When I was an admin, by default everyone was on my enemies list. It was just easier that way. :D

S03E04-Frn11OaY-subtitled.jpg

Zaph wrote: »
    When I was an admin, by default everyone was on my enemies list. It was just easier that way. :D

:eek:

And here was me thinking we were friends back in those days...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

After 4 Rounds, this is how my vote have been allocated.

Rating #
    0 4
    2 4
    4 7
    6 7
    8 9
    10 7
    12 12
    14 9
    16 22
    18 10
    20 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

tenor.gif

source.gif

I had a similar reaction to Cher singing an Abba song a few rounds back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

noby wrote: »
    I had a similar reaction to Cher singing an Abba song a few rounds back.
    One song on today's list came on and the power went for the entire neighbourhood. Now all I can hear are house alarms and it's a blessed relief, can we give minus points?!

I'm not saying it was, not saying it wasn't ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Round 3 complete. Worst for me so far. Average score 11.8.

2 scored 16/20, didn't go higher than that.
    2 scored 6/20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Rock Lobster is a fine song, no doubt, but I can't score it high here - it'll have to wait for the greatest backing vocals and sound effects sung by a woman contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

5 zero's in part 5 for me - Yep Rock Lobster and Meatloaf both would have scored higher but I wouldn't consider either a predominantly female track they were nowhere near zero though - duets in general aren't scoring well for me and only bands with strong female leads...

Only 1 top spot here again. But thanks to whomever has introduced me to Beach House loving both those entries so far!

• Advertisement

A song that brings a lump to your throat or gets you singing or whistling along gets bonus points.

Super-duper bonus points are reserved for a song that can get you up on your crubs :)

Advertisement