Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing Turnip Talk!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Dodge wrote: »
    Wow! Never seen a prediction this low!

Obviously means you’ll get 600 now

I can dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

123 this afternoon. Now predicting max of 552 tomorrow afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

B:104, 91, 86

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

B:105, 90, 86.

Both predictors still telling me to quit my job and live off the impending windfall! :D

Wed/Thurs/Fri PM 630/631 it's saying. Ah it would be great to a monster price and in the PM too. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

considering this is my first week i'm probably gonna go for anything 250 or more. lower the more i panic

i'm trying to fill in this turnip thing. do you just keep it open and keep filling in prices all week for it to predict

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    considering this is my first week i'm probably gonna go for anything 250 or more. lower the more i panic

i'm trying to fill in this turnip thing. do you just keep it open and keep filling in prices all week for it to predict

Welcome to the darker side of animal crossing:)
    The first week your pattern is usually quite limited to a fairly small gain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Turtwig wrote: »
    Welcome to the darker side of animal crossing:)
    The first week your pattern is usually quite limited to a fairly small gain.

Do we know the workings behind it? i kind of assumed it was fairly random and not time based
    oh i see now
    https://www.polygon.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch-acnh-guide/2020/3/20/21181835/selling-turnips-stalk-market
    different trend types
    interesting
    well i started super low this morning anyway

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do we know the workings behind it? i kind of assumed it was fairly random and not time based
    oh i see now
    https://www.polygon.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch-acnh-guide/2020/3/20/21181835/selling-turnips-stalk-market
    different trend types
    interesting
    well i started super low this morning anyway

Personally I wouldn't bother storing turnips in your house - there's too little space. Store them outside and just fence them off to prevent them from getting nicked if you plan on having real life visitors (just don't bother asking Isabelle for an island rating until all the turnips have been sold).

Regarding the daily prices in Nook's Cranny:

AM price: 8 am - 12 noon
    PM price: 12 noon - 10 pm

P.S. Not sure what your buy price was but 250 is way too low a price to be selling at. Someone on here will get a much better price. Best (and safest) time to sell is when the rest of us all jump on a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Andrew76 wrote: »
    (just don't bother asking Isabelle for an island rating until all the turnips have been sold).

What is the reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

250 is usually in and around my sell price. I always seem to miss the windows with the big prices (except when Mrs Dodge's friend was selling at 600) but as long as there's profit I don't really mind

Think my first profit was going from 96 to 141 and I thought I'd cracked it!
    kingtut wrote: »

She doesn't like items just lying around and you just "drop" your turnips. Since we went 5 star i haven't asked her again. Too afraid of her telling me we've lost it!

• Advertisement

I'm just assuming she will treat the turnips the same as dropped items rather than placed items and the rating will suffer because of it. Not done any proper testing of it though so just a guess. Anyway, turnip profits are more useful than what you get for a 5 star rating imo. ;)

/Edit:
    ...Since we went 5 star i haven't asked her again. Too afraid of her telling me we've lost it!

Just another hunch of mine but I reckon the rating is only calculated when you ask her - so just remove any dropped items or else just place them (if possible) even temporarily. I checked again at the weekend and I was still 5 star with items placed all over the place. Now that I've broken my back making it more pleasant it better still be a 5! :pac:

66 this morning and 62 now
    super lulz
    my max is likely 220 now it reckons.

yeah if someone gets a good price during the week i'll hop over. i bought at like 94 or something so 250 would be grand

Not sure what your buy price was but 250 is way too low a price to be selling at.

Speak for yourself!:p I sold at 104 bells last week and was fecking delighted with it. :D

Turtwig wrote: »
    Speak for yourself!:p I sold at 104 bells last week and was fecking delighted with it. :D

Ah but wasn't that because yourself and Mr. E turned your nose up at the 505 price in the hope of an even bigger beast? :P

(Joking, I know you said you weren't able to avail of it).

To be fair, any sort of profit no matter how small is still a good return. I'm just a Stalk Market addict hunting that 100m. :o

Because your island rating will go down due to the turnips lying around on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Bought for 110, this mornings price was 98. I'm getting a guaranteed min of 28 and potential max of 660. I won't hold my breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

She doesn't like items just lying around and you just "drop" your turnips. Since we went 5 star i haven't asked her again. Too afraid of her telling me we've lost it!

Feck! My island is a wasteland of dropped items :o

Why is everyone getting such good predictions this week?! Mine has dipped further to a minimum of 8 bells and a maximum of 110!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

90 bells here today. Ac-turnip predicts a 40% chance of a large spike potentially up to 619. Turnip prophet predicts a 57% chance of a large spike up to 618. Watch this space!

(Already starting to regret only buying two inventories of turnips this week...)

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Why is everyone getting such good predictions this week?! Mine has dipped further to a minimum of 8 bells and a maximum of 110!

Not sure, myself and Turtwig have almost identical buy and sell prices so far.

Don't worry, if I do actually get a decent price I'll let you come over and sell. Long as you bring a watering can... :pac:

• Advertisement

90 bells here today. Ac-turnip predicts a 40% chance of a large spike potentially up to 619. Turnip prophet predicts a 57% chance of a large spike up to 618. Watch this space!

(Already starting to regret only buying two inventories of turnips this week...)

Only two?? Noooooooooooo. I was looking forward to another race through the trees with you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Only two?? Noooooooooooo. I was looking forward to another race through the trees with you. :D

I reckon there could a trip to turnip exchange on the hunt for Daisy Mae if it looks like we'll get good prices here!!

Not sure, myself and Turtwig have almost identical buy and sell prices so far.

Don't worry, if I do actually get a decent price I'll let you come over and sell. Long as you bring a watering can... :pac:

I'm offended by your insinuations!
    .... but yes I suppose I will :P

B:105, 90, 86, 82.

The 630 max price has moved to Wed/Thurs/Fri rather than this evening.

on 59 now... I think i'll be visiting someone else's island a couple times this week all right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,479 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My pattern is the same as last week. Started early 90s and steadily dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

119 here ... hmm.

161 this morning. Still predicting a possible 552 this afternoon.

B:104, 91, 86, 81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

B: 104

S: 84, 74, 66

I've a 100% fluctuating pattern this week by the looks of it with a max of 145 :o Island hopping is def on the cards for the week.

Advertisement