Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tony Hawks 1 & 2 Remastered!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Isn’t the jet engine effect due to uncapped FPS in menus normally? I’m playing this on base ps4 since this afternoon and the only fan noise is during menu, it actually lowers when I’m in park?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Isn’t the jet engine effect due to uncapped FPS in menus normally? I’m playing this on base ps4 since this afternoon and the only fan noise is during menu, it actually lowers when I’m in park?

For me, loud noise both in game and menu. Might have to do with it being 60fps (if it is 60 anyway).

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For me, loud noise both in game and menu. Might have to do with it being 60fps (if it is 60 anyway).

Strange. I really need to work on my trick linking, embarrassed to be scoring 3-5k and ****ing up the manual or not having enough speed to reach a lip and keep it going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Loud fan noise is due to an older Pro model and dust. The RDR2 and TLOU Pros have new fans and run better so no noise.

EDIT: Their Sum 41 cover is equally good.

• Advertisement

Got my first long session with this tonight and i forgot how damn addictive it was trying to get all goals in a level. The fact the menu is so quick and easy to get around, makes retrying a breeze as it should be. Only thing annoying me is fan noise drowning out the tunes.

Also the create a skater is class, best player creation tool I've used in a sports game in a long time. The shop actually has cool things to buy and 700+ challenges to complete. Goddamn great job by the devs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The challenges are the new essence of the game, and they work well. I’ve completed one character specific set, and they definitely offer up the challenge lacking in classic mode. The final challenge involved having to land two special grinds, one special air trick and one special lip trick (all specific tricks too) in a combo and it was definitely a fun thing to work through. Currently taking the custom skater through the process, and will likely do enough of the pros (three total I think) to tick off the legend challenges. Bit of pain having to get the individual stat points for each (it’s so easy it’s just a bit of an inconvenience), but at least it’s an improvement on the original game’s grind!

I do feel the menus are awkwardly laid out. Too many submenus and icons to work through. Am used to it now, but took longer than I’d have liked.

I’m eyeing the 10 million point goal but a ways off yet. Struggling to get past a 3 million point combo on a specific line I’ve been working on for the Warehouse - reckon you need the vast bulk of the 10,000,000 in one combo as you’ll be on diminishing point returns after that. Bit more practice and we’ll see, but a big reach at the moment. That said, if you want to get into the early millions, that line - which is basically start with a powerful grab special on the far side of the Warehouse (10,000+ tricks are a good start), then manual / grind over to the side near the entrance ramp and grind / flip / wall plant along the ramp edges for as long as you can - is handy for practice :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Loud fan noise is due to an older Pro model and dust. The RDR2 and TLOU Pros have new fans and run better so no noise.

That can be an issue but the real issue is vsync being turned off in menus which makes the games run uncapped leading to the insane fan speeds. I'm not sure why it's still a thing in do many games. I even notice it on my base PS4 when I paused TLOU2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Fans only an issue on the Pro for me when in the menu.

Played a good few hours of this on Friday, i find the levels in THPS1 to be a lot more enjoyable. Having a hard time unlocking the levels in THPS2.

I need to start doing manuals and reverts to help my combos, it can be a struggle to get to 100k on some levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah Epic Store exclusive. So a year or more probably before a steam release.

Really spoils it for me. Not inclined to give Epic my money.

Total War Troy and now this....

And people question why pirating is a thing. Was really excited for this until I saw it was an epic exclusive. Will pass and pick it up in some steam sale.

This is really starting to ruin PC gaming.....

• Advertisement

I can't remember and won't be on until later but is there a replay option? I'd love a photo mode and see social media posting cool screenshots from a freeview camera.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Total War Troy and now this....

And people question why pirating is a thing. Was really excited for this until I saw it was an epic exclusive. Will pass and pick it up in some steam sale.

This is really starting to ruin PC gaming.....

Get ****ed. There is no excuse for pirating." Boo the game is on a different store"

2 seconds to create and account. Install Epic in a minute. Buy the game. Install. Done. You don't even need to know you're using Epic once the game is installed.

The crap people tell themselves to OK pirating games is astounding.

Straight onto the ignore list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah. I mean I'm just annoyed with too many storefronts. Might be an excuse to setup gog galaxy 2.0 because I'll be buying it on the next two days.

An excuse for piracy? Never.

Probably easy for me to say as a PS only gamer but I'm glad Epic can throw buckets of cash at a dev for PC app exclusivity. Not a patch on console exclusivity that requires you to buy a while new console to play a specific game. A free app that gives you free games now and again doesn't sound too bad. Gabe will hate you forever though.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

An excuse for piracy? Never.

Saying people pirate because a game is on a different storefront is an excuse. That's like saying I'm not buying Avengers because it's in HMV not Gamestop so I'll steal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I just clicked a random stream on twitch for this game and some French dude is casually clocking up 4m+ on levels :O

He just hit 6m on a level there which put him 77th on the leader board lol ... 77th for 6m! What the hell are these guys smoking to get scores like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tony Hawk seems like one of the coolest celebrities around.

Saying people pirate because a game is on a different storefront is an excuse. That's like saying I'm not buying Avengers because it's in HMV not Gamestop so I'll steal it.

I was agreeing with you. I'm totally against piracy when a game is easily available.

I just clicked a random stream on twitch for this game and some French dude is casually clocking up 4m+ on levels :O

He just hit 6m on a level there which put him 77th on the leader board lol ... 77th for 6m! What the hell are these guys smoking to get scores like that?

Something else i didn't notice but is there a friends leaderboard? Never noticed a leaderboard after finishing a run.

• Advertisement

Something else i didn't notice but is there a friends leaderboard? Never noticed a leaderboard after finishing a run.

Couldn't say as I don't actually own the game - just watching random streams to get a feel for it - the guy I was watching seemed to be just checking a global leaderboard [He's still live atm, KennyStream is the name of the channel]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Big scores are definitely doable here. I’ve only really done proper high score runs in the Warehouse for now but ~3 million combos are easily in the realm of doable with some smart special and gap use. It’s when you get to higher than 5 million that my fingers can’t keep up :pac:

Big scores are definitely doable here. I’ve only really done proper high score runs in the Warehouse for now but ~3 million combos are easily in the realm of doable with some smart special and gap use. It’s when you get to higher than 5 million that my fingers can’t keep up :pac:

This guy is doing a lot of fancy board work, flicking from hand stands to pogo in between 900s - definitely fast fingers and probably played the original games to death. I see that it's course dependent too, the one he's trying now requires 3m to break top 50 and he's struggling a bit more on that one [downhill race type course]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just realised the flatland tricks are in this as well!

That’s helped with the scores!

I just mash buttons to death until I see "sick score completed" then I'm done haha.

I just mash buttons to death until I see "sick score completed" then I'm done haha.

That's how I remember playing this game when it first hit, never been good at memorising combinations for fight or sport games, just kinda remember vague mash combos :D

Disappointed the c-o-m-b-o challenge has been changed.
    Way too easy

I see that it's course dependent too, the one he's trying now requires 3m to break top 50 and he's struggling a bit more on that one [downhill race type course]

Ah yeah, some courses - particularly the opening levels in each game and skate parks like Marseilles - are superb for combo-ing, whereas it's much trickier in the likes of Philly (albeit there is a good secret area there). Downhill Jam was always an infamous stinker, even if it's Tony's favourite :D
    Disappointed the c-o-m-b-o challenge has been changed.
    Way too easy

As in the c-o-m-b-o letter collection? That was a later series addition so no surprise it isn't here. The fun combo challenges are in the challenge menu now - nothing incredibly taxing (the game in general is definitely significantly easier than the original) but still far trickier than anything the main classic campaign goals will throw at ya.

I'll be on for a while on ps4, anyone fancy trying some online multiplayer?

• Advertisement

Free skate single session gives a leaderboard when you finish, seems to be global rather than friends though.

Advertisement