Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawks 1 & 2 Remastered!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This is a great watch, I forgot how much THUG 2 lost it's way but it's great to see the whole franchise in one video.

THUG2 lost it's way in the story mode but brought back classic so did it really? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Forgot how much I enjoyed the 'Nail a trick' feature in Project 8. Think that was the last skateboarding game I played too.

Penn wrote: »
    Forgot how much I enjoyed the 'Nail a trick' feature in Project 8. Think that was the last skateboarding game I played too.

Proving Ground added the nail a manual and nail a grab, also savage additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never played any after American wasteland. Proving ground looked alright, no idea why i didn't give it a go.

Tony Hawk: Pretending I'm a Superman doc is out now on Amazon prime, itunes and other places.

Also, this is a great vid for anyone who hasn't seen it. Tony talks about how he hit the 900 while the 1st game was almost ready for release and the devs got it in last minute. Also a meeting with a studio head with the THPS 4 release to give Tony a cheque for 4 million dollars (which was huge money to him at the time).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Digital Foundry confirming it’s looking like 60FPS across all console platforms for sure :)

Launch trailer. Looks so class.

Watched Pretending I'm a Superman over the weekend. The history of THPS posted above was a better watch to be honest.

Watched Pretending I'm a Superman over the weekend. The history of THPS posted above was a better watch to be honest.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it but was expecting more like what was in the retrospective. I've watched a lot of Rodney Mullen videos since though and that guy is from another planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Slightly off topic, but if people are into skateboarding documentaries, I highly recommend tracking down 'All this mayhem' - it used to be on netflix, not sure if its still there. It follows 2 australian skaters that were rising stars around the same time as Tony Hawk started to come into his own.

Also - go in blind, don't google it beforehand - trust me on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

There's very very few games these days I'm actually excited for, but this is one of those games that is just so much fun to just sit down and play. It's not a great big serious story line, no morals and all of that.

It's a bit like Doom, sometimes you just want to sit down and play a fun game that's going to be as challenging as you make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Slightly off topic, but if people are into skateboarding documentaries, I highly recommend tracking down 'All this mayhem' - it used to be on netflix, not sure if its still there. It follows 2 australian skaters that were rising stars around the same time as Tony Hawk started to come into his own.

Seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

For skating docs you can’t do much better than Bones Brigade.

I have All This Mayhem and Bones Brigade ready to go. Deciding what to watch first tonight and saw a 30 second clip from Mayhem. "Ah Faaacckk Ooofff Hawk, ya can't even do a flip ya prick" :pac: Mayhem it is then.

I have All This Mayhem and Bones Brigade ready to go. Deciding what to watch first tonight and saw a 30 second clip from Mayhem. "Ah Faaacckk Ooofff Hawk, ya can't even do a flip ya prick" :pac: Mayhem it is then.

It's crazy how much hate TH got from his peers, mostly jealous twats.

Jesus, All This Mayhem was a rollercoaster! Pity Tas hasn't a hope of making it into THPS remaster but i suppose there's always create-a-skater.

For skating docs you can’t do much better than Bones Brigade.

Absolutely brilliant and exactly what i was looking for, thanks man! Rodney Mullen is one fascinating human being. Totally got Tony wanting to take a break, definitely seemed like the fun was wearing off at 1 point but what an incredible team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Probably one of the best documentaries I've ever watched. Absolute rollercoaster from start to finish. You don't even need a remote interest in skating to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

Mark Anthony "Gator" Rogowski - another sad documentary.

Had the VSW T-shirt

Or watch the Tampa Am documentary on Netflix (might be gone). Aurélien Giraud unknown French entry won it in 2015 and the Americans were surprised the teenager didn’t move to the States to go pro.

On another note can you step off your board in the new version?

Can’t keep doing a manual to line up a grind lol

I watched that lad with hated Tony, blaming Tony for a lot... eh maybe it was you on the drugs and going to jail. Ruining yourself lad.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It was quite odd. Talk about how popular skating was before the game, talk about the first game, next how popular skating and Tony got after the first game and then about 10 minutes going through the rest of the series at breakneck speed while acknowledging the shortcomings after admitting not knowing what to do to shake up the series after a few years. I never realised just how many games there were until watching it, was probably one of the first true victims of annualisation.

This guy streamed over 2 hours of the full game showing menus, create a character, create a park, etc, all looks great. Was interesting to see you can choose THPS 1, THPS 2 or Ranked/Free Skate, like 2 separate games and online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

This guy streamed over 2 hours of the full game showing menus, create a character, create a park, etc, all looks great. Was interesting to see you can choose THPS 1, THPS 2 or Ranked/Free Skate, like 2 separate games and online.

Looks like it's been taken down

IGN first 16 minutes showing the tutorial area. Pretty horrible though as they have problems doing the tricks and just keep falling. Not a great representation of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Tony Hawks is going to break my Epic games boycott.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

I’ll wait for it to go down in price.

Some good gameplay here including Marseille which I haven't seen in any other vids yet (22:30).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://opencritic.com/game/9440/tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-2

Reviews are out and it seems to be warmly recieved so far. The proof will be when more players get it in their hands but it doesn't look like a turkey anyway.

Advertisement