Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Amazon Prime Film/TV Series Recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Rampage and Game Night were added over the weekend, Rampage is pretty crap but the Rock makes it just about watchable as usual.

Game Night was surprisingly enjoyable though won't win any prizes for originality.
    Went to the flicks with the missus to see Game Night; it's good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

amacca wrote: »
    Anyone know when knives out will be available to stream in Europe or on Amazon UK

On a related note, what's the best site to see upcoming release dates for uk/EU Amazon rather than being disappointed when you are a quasi luddite and realise after the fact you were looking at us release dates :D
    By stream I assume you mean as part of a subscription based streaming platform as opposed to VoD? Because it's available on Amazon but not prime video.

As per your second question, I now follow Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Disney + UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Just want to add 'Black Book' (the Dutch movie, not the TV show) on here. A Paul Verhoeven film Enjoyed it very much, it stars Carice Van Houten (Melisandre from GOT) Thought she was brilliant (as all the other cast) and the plot moved at a great pace for a period film, some brutal scenes though, be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Cloud Atlas is there and is in HDR. Very underrated movie.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Cloud Atlas is there and is in HDR. Very underrated movie.
    Definitely underrated. Very interesting sci-fi. I didn't think much of the book, but this 'explains it' well. Jim Broadbent was great in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

camz09 wrote: »
    Just want to add 'Black Book' (the Dutch movie, not the TV show) on here. A Paul Verhoeven film Enjoyed it very much, it stars Carice Van Houten (Melisandre from GOT) Thought she was brilliant (as all the other cast) and the plot moved at a great pace for a period film, some brutal scenes though, be warned.
    Was planning a Verhoeven marathon and have yet to see Black Book so this may be a good enough reason to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Definitely underrated. Very interesting sci-fi. I didn't think much of the book, but this 'explains it' well. Jim Broadbent was great in it.

I really enjoyed that movie, didn’t fully understand it when I first watched it but enjoyed it none the less, particularly on repeat viewing as it sunk in. Broadbant was indeed great, as was grant, I originally missed one of his roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Drumpot wrote: »
    I really enjoyed that movie, didn’t fully understand it when I first watched it but enjoyed it none the less, particularly on repeat viewing as it sunk in. Broadbant was indeed great, as was grant, I originally missed one of his roles.

Hugh Grant does an Irish accent worthy of Far and Away in it. Terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Hugh Grant does an Irish accent worthy of Far and Away in it. Terrible.

No, you're thinking of Tom Hanks. Hugh Grant is superb throughout the movie. He really is a very fine actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Dante7 wrote: »
    No, you're thinking of Tom Hanks. Hugh Grant is superb throughout the movie. He really is a very fine actor.

Ah, yeah. Apologies, you're right. Can't believe I got that so badly mixed up. I really like Hugh Grant. He was great in the Gentlemen. Probably the best thing about that movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Debub

camz09 wrote: »

Is it with (English)subtitles?

Debub wrote: »
    Is it with (English)subtitles?

Yes. You can check the setting if not turned on automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭p to the e

Drumpot wrote: »

You'd be forgiven having missed some of the actors. I completely missed that Halle Berry played the character in bottom right. I really liked the book but couldn't figure out how they were going to film it.

Cloud-Atlas-Actors-Different-Characters.jpg

For those that like Tom Twyker's stuff, they should check out the Netflix/Sky neo-noir Berlin 1929-set series. Great television.

Im watching Wiseguy. I remember i was too young to watch it when i was a kid and it was on Sky One in the late 80’s. It was their main show for years.
    Reminds me a lot of Crime Story. Great actors, good writing. A few 80’s US tv cliches (it was created by Stephen J Cannell and Frank Lupo), suitable for granny to watch cause theres no cursing. Great tv and hard not to tune in next week!! (I mean 4 seconds later)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

El Rifle wrote: »
    Im watching Wiseguy. I remember i was too young to watch it when i was a kid and it was on Sky One in the late 80’s. It was their main show for years.
    Reminds me a lot of Crime Story. Great actors, good writing. A few 80’s US tv cliches (it was created by Stephen J Cannell and Frank Lupo), suitable for granny to watch cause theres no cursing. Great tv and hard not to tune in next week!! (I mean 4 seconds later)

Going to start this later. I vaguely remember it from years ago. Looks like it has a great cast.

Just watched The Witness. The story of Kitty Genovese and his brother's quest for answers (if there's any, really) It's still shocking and so sad and senseless, she was a real person beyond the footnote in a sociology/psych book. I didn't expect it be quite gut wrenching at some points, cried at a particular scene around 15 minutes before the end. Highly recommended.

Watched The Vast of Night - a really interesting if somewhat messy indie sci-fi. Lots to like - great and unusual 50s setting; some very imaginative, sweeping camerawork and smart long takes; an admirably slow-burn mystery. It is an imperfect beast - despite the short length, some stretches seem overlong, and the visuals are inconsistent. Not entirely sold on the ending either. But it is a very distinctive and engaging debut feature at its best, so keen to see what director Andrew Patterson does next.
    I love low budget sci-fi with well-executed clever ideas; this one's a little different. It's all about the director here, as the story has been told a thousand times already. The inventiveness here isn't in the sci-fi at all; it's the way Patterson draws us into the post WW II little-town America fueled by optimism and innocence, yet tinged with paranoia of the Other, setting us up in our knowingness for the inevitable 'will they show them or not?' question. Tbh, I was a little bored at the start, but it started shifting up the gears, and by the end I was enthralled.
    Not entirely sold on the ending either.
    Yeah; could've done without that very last shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I watched Cold War this evening. Best film I've seen all year. Beautiful cinematography and flawless acting from two very charming leads. Some great music too, jazz piano, my kinda thing. It's not often I complain a film is too short but that would be the only criticism if I had to choose one.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

440px-SquareOneMJ-promo-poster.jpg

Square One - Michael Jackson Documentary

Available on Amazon Prime now. Well worth the watch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Enjoyed 7500

Kinda like phone booth...except on a plane

Kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I watched Cold War this evening. Best film I've seen all year. Beautiful cinematography and flawless acting from two very charming leads. Some great music too, jazz piano, my kinda thing. It's not often I complain a film is too short but that would be the only criticism if I had to choose one.

Beautiful film, should have got the love that the absurdly overrated Roma got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Opened this on the PlayStation today where I usually watch it and my "watch next" list has disappeared? Anyone have the same problem?

EDIT: It appears to have been an app update which completely wiped "watch next" as well as my watchlist. Very frustrating.

Also started watching Future Man, entertaining in parts but the plot is really stretched thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Opened this on the PlayStation today where I usually watch it and my "watch next" list has disappeared? Anyone have the same problem?

EDIT: It appears to have been an app update which completely wiped "watch next" as well as my watchlist. Very frustrating.

Also started watching Future Man, entertaining in parts but the plot is really stretched thin.

My LG Amazon app got a recent update and now its more like the Apple TV app version. "Watchlist" is now called "Your Stuff" and it no longer tells you if what you are watching is UHD or just 1080p :confused:

My LG Amazon app got a recent update and now its more like the Apple TV app version. "Watchlist" is now called "Your Stuff" and it no longer tells you if what you are watching is UHD or just 1080p :confused:

Yeh I have the My Stuff tab but it's empty

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Good news, you can skip the promo now:)

Notdeco wrote: »
    Good news, you can skip the promo now:)

The interface is so bad I wouldn't mind the promos but they're always for either The Hunters or Angel Has Fallen. They need to mic them up more.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,120 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

El Rifle wrote: »

There is an 8 episode arc Dead Dog Records missing due to music rights in the second season :(

There is an 8 episode arc Dead Dog Records missing due to music rights in the second season :(

Huh? 8 episodes are missing in season 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Watched The Vast of Night. Thought it was pretty terrible. The way they spoke to each other was so annoying.

Advertisement