Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would Belfast not have been the better option in an emergency given the location?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Would Belfast not have been the better option in an emergency given the location?

Airlines tend to prefer, where possible, to divert to airports where they have an established ground handling agency.

Dublin would be the preferred diversion location for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

marno21 wrote: »
    He went over on PC-12 reg 282 this morning to RAF Northolt

According to the Air Corps social media, the PC12 to Northolt was an air ambulance mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ohlordy

Large 4 engined wide body just departed, not 747, probably a340, fr24 showed as pic attached. Anyone know what it was. White with blue livery

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

ohlordy wrote: »
    Large 4 engined wide body just departed, not 747, probably a340, fr24 showed as pic attached. Anyone know what it was. White with blue livery

9H-TQZ HI FLY MALTA

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/airbus-a340-300-cs-tqz-hi-fly/38q143

I believe it was painted in Dublin and the reg was changed which is why it's showing up like that on Flightradar as they haven't updated it on their database yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

C-17 on its way into shannon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Streetlamp wrote: »
    C-17 on its way into shannon now.

It is on a bit of scenic tour at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

For over my house along the coast in south Galway. Massive at 8000 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

That C-17 just went over my house near Athenry. Its loud at 8,000 feet.

It seems it be wandering around the country side. Anyone know what it is doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

amen wrote: »
    That C-17 just went over my house near Athenry. Its loud at 8,000 feet.

It seems it be wandering around the country side. Anyone know what it is doing?

Registered as SLAM69. WTH?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

Baldonnel landing? Big bird for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lonestar1

Any idea on departure time?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Noticed the C17 Globemaster fly over the house this morning around 0830am in the midlands. Chances are it was an RAF aircraft. Wonder are the bits invading. She was fairly low

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Reggie. wrote: »
    Noticed the C17 Globemaster fly over the house this morning around 0830am in the midlands. Chances are it was an RAF aircraft. Wonder are the bits invading. She was fairly low

USAF I thought, no?

Recliner wrote: »
    USAF I thought, no?

Could be. After looking at the replies above would it be a c17 on the way to Germany? Just doing a stop off in shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Could be. After looking at the replies above would it be a c17 on the way to Germany? Just doing a stop off in shannon

Didn't land in Shannon. In Baldonnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

It's off to Prestwick at 1200L.

Recliner wrote: »
    Didn't land in Shannon. In Baldonnel.

Would it be doing the overseas rotation i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

Was at work and seen it fly overhead. Could believe my eyes. Seen a reply on Facebook to a post that the pilot was from Longford. Flew straight over the town. Done a tour of the cliffs of Moher too.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Rada IL62 taxiing for departure from SNN. Another due tomorrow and again Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

C-17 de[arting now. looks like it did a low pass on departure too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Just flew over my house in Newcastle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just flew over me in Dublin 16....not quite overheard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The C-17 just went over my house too. Kind of a distinctive sound from it, but quiet enough.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Trebor176 wrote: »
    The C-17 just went over my house too. Kind of a distinctive sound from it, but quiet enough.

Yip....when I heard it, I went straight to Flightradar to see what it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pretty impressive watching it tip it's wings to the ground as it flewover Casement.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭biblio

BZ wrote: »
    Rada IL62 taxiing for departure from SNN. Another due tomorrow and again Friday

Would you know what time they will be departing Shannon ? I might go for a look

Heard the C-17 over my place in south Dublin as it was turning northwards, thought it was the forecast thunder at first. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Journal reporting...
    An Air Corps spokesperson said that the C17 made its stop at Casement Aerodrome for technical reasons.
    “A USAF C-17 landed at Baldonnel at 0850 on a technicality stop en-route to the UK as part of a crew training mission,” he said.

https://www.thejournal.ie/c17-globemaster-lands-in-casement-aerodrome-usaf-united-states-air-force-5440708-May2021/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The Journal reporting...
    An Air Corps spokesperson said that the C17 made its stop at Casement Aerodrome for technical reasons.
    “A USAF C-17 landed at Baldonnel at 0850 on a technicality stop en-route to the UK as part of a crew training mission,” he said.

https://www.thejournal.ie/c17-globemaster-lands-in-casement-aerodrome-usaf-united-states-air-force-5440708-May2021/

A tech stop can be as simple as refuelling the aircraft!

Cant wait to find out it was some senior officers last flight and they wanted to take in some scenery on their trip. Probably didn't think it would be all over the media here:)

Advertisement