Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

BZ wrote: »
    Not a divert this is planned stop enroute to US. Flight number is an old one hence showing Maastricht as destination.

I saw it coming in ... checked it on Fr24 and noticed the ehbk ... thanks for the heads up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Nice Air Corp flypast over Dublin a few mins ago for National Services Day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Three helos in formation flew right past my house :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

Three helos in formation flew right past my house :)

Saw that too, was that it, no planes at all? Looked a bit miserable for a flyover.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

HorseSea wrote: »
    Saw that too, was that it, no planes at all? Looked a bit miserable for a flyover.

I thought it made sense given that helicopters do much more of the emergency services type jobs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

What I felt was comical was that a few of the loonies protesting though it was the "military getting involved" in monitoring their assembly.

(I really need to stop lurking in those social media conspiracy groups, but it just so funny)

Tenger wrote: »
    What I felt was comical was that a few of the loonies protesting though it was the "military getting involved" in monitoring their assembly.

(I really need to stop lurking in those social media conspiracy groups, but it just so funny)

I had a friend who knows I’m an avgeek txt me at the start of restrictions when ILS calibration was being done at the airport by that waspy sounding Diamond, asking if it was the army monitoring people because the street was out watching it convinced that’s what it was haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Screen-Shot-2020-09-08-at-17-12-01.png

3 air corps PC12's crossing Canada on way back to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

The 3 new Air Corps Pilatus PC12s are en route from the US. They're doing short legs, yesterday the flew from Denver to Burlington in Vermont. Today's leg took them to Goose Bay in Newfoundland, Canada.

You can search for them using:

N280NG
    N281NG
    N282NG

Tomorrow's leg is from Goose Bay to Reykjavik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

source wrote: »

N280NG
    N281NG
    N282NG

Will they be keeping their tail numbers after arrival? i.e. 280, 281, 282?

• Advertisement

Is 280 not taken already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

FR24 has them down as 2 years old. Is the Air Corps not the first owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Are the Air Corp doing the delivery of these planes ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Weren't they built in 2018 as civils and then sent to the US for the military conversion/fitout; hence the 2018 civil registrations

They were going to take 280, 281, 282 but the fourth one bought in a hurry has already taken 280 so it'll be 281-3. Presumably just renumber "280" of the new ones to 283

The 3 new Air Corps Pilatus PC12s are en route from the US. They're doing short legs, yesterday the flew from Denver to Burlington in Vermont. Today's leg took them to Goose Bay in Newfoundland, Canada.

You can search for them using:

N280NG
    N281NG
    N282NG

Tomorrow's leg is from Goose Bay to Reykjavik.

In the (highly recommended, by me!) book Fate is the Hunter they used Narsarsuaq in Greenland as a stop over during the war. It’s ICAO code is BGBW. BG for Greenland, BW for “Bluie West One”, its code name way back when.

Fascinating trip, I’d say.

In the (highly recommended, by me!) book Fate is the Hunter they used Narsarsuaq in Greenland as a stop over during the war. It’s ICAO code is BGBW. BG for Greenland, BW for “Bluie West One”, its code name way back when.

Fascinating trip, I’d say.

The Blue Spruce Routes still exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Air Corps pic of the three PC12s en route.

L1011 wrote: »
    Weren't they built in 2018 as civils and then sent to the US for the military conversion/fitout; hence the 2018 civil registrations

They were going to take 280, 281, 282 but the fourth one bought in a hurry has already taken 280 so it'll be 281-3. Presumably just renumber "280" of the new ones to 283

https://skippyscage.com/aviation/mediasearch/msearch.php?search=N281NG&col=serial

They look pretty new in these pictures.

A fresh coat of paint will do that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

A few years ago we never imagined you could open your phone and it tell you what plane in the sky above you is, it’s model and where it is traveling to. This app is really good but when will it tell me who is on board and what they look like??

• Advertisement

Growler!!! wrote: »
    A fresh coat of paint will do that:)

I was referring more to the factory green colour before the lovely new paint job.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They would have been delivered to the US in the green.

The aircraft are built in Switzerland not the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The three PC12s are on their way to Iceland now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fxk

Appear to be heading back to Baldonnel now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Ah, so that's what flew over S Dublin a few minutes ago :)

Caught a glimpse of them myself

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Was in Tallahht village earlier. They looked class going overhead in formation at about 1000 ft. (-ish)
    Got a similar pic. 3 dark aircraft against flat grey clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well that's a few weeks of disruption ahead for any of us living near Baldonnel!:(

Some serious noise from them earlier when they flew over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looking forward seeing them in action in around Baldonnell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Have we got four of these now? The original one plus these three?

Advertisement