Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30 lite + Huawei Band 4 for €129.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Onto chat and the guy confirmed the order is cancelled....bollocks !

Did you get a free phone :pac::pac:

Paid for 2, sold one to a relative.
    Onto chat and the guy confirmed the order is cancelled....bollocks !

I've found that when they go out of stock, you can set up the email alert for when they're back in stock, and order when you get the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

I rang the nearest Vodafone shop to me which just opened again and they have it in stock. They had one left with a watch and I've just collected. It's a band 4. Only thing about buying in the Vodafone shop is they make you buy 20 credit as well. That is fine with me as they gave me the voucher to top it up myself. I'm already a Vodafone customer but used a 48 sim to port for the 100 euro off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

My wife has just checked the online status and it changed today to 'packing' which seems encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Has anyone else got it barring one person

Vodafone must be reading this thread, phone and "Band 3 Pro" arrived today. Card was charge May 11 and I never got a confirmation email, but all good now.

• Advertisement

Back in stock now !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It comes with the Band 3 Pro now, which is actually a better band than the Band 4 "basic".

It comes with the Band 3 Pro now, which is actually a better band than the Band 4 "basic".

Correct....it was band 3 pro since last week....only black phone is in stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

Ours arrived by normal post delivery today. Band 3 Pro included.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Do these new Huawei phones still have access to play store and google services?

• Advertisement

voluntary wrote: »
    Do these new Huawei phones still have access to play store and google services?

Yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Ordered this morning but got no confirmation email just changed to a log in screen after it charged me. Money taken from account too

jonny_b wrote: »
    Ordered this morning but got no confirmation email just changed to a log in screen after it charged me. Money taken from account too

It should turn up in few days

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

How does this phone compare to a Samsung galaxy s7 ? Was going To order this for my son

• Registered Users Posts: 21 grandstream

I'm looking to buy this phone for the Missus as the LCD in her Mi 9 Pro, bought from Eglobal in November 2019, is broken and new screen is €200 (if you can find one). Having trouble with two old sims I have for this deal, I can't remember the unlock code for the Lycamobile sim and the Three one (which was still in the pack) just won't work. Three are looking for €20 for a new sim. Anyone any ideas?

I'm looking to buy this phone for the Missus as the LCD in her Mi 9 Pro, bought from Eglobal in November 2019, is broken and new screen is €200 (if you can find one). Having trouble with two old sims I have for this deal, I can't remember the unlock code for the Lycamobile sim and the Three one (which was still in the pack) just won't work. Three are looking for €20 for a new sim. Anyone any ideas?

Order an Eir SIM online for free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Basil3 wrote: »
    Order an Eir SIM online for free

Thanks for the heads up on that. Just ordered one as a back up for whenever a porting network deal is on....because that's all an Eir sim is useful for... The pr!cks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Is it hard to unlock these phones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

kala85 wrote: »
    Is it hard to unlock these phones

No, i bought a code from ebay, had the unlock code about a week later, all sorted

scudzilla wrote: »
    No, i bought a code from ebay, had the unlock code about a week later, all sorted

How much is the unlock code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

How much is the unlock code

i paid 23euro, just look on ebay, check out feedback first

scudzilla wrote: »
    i paid 23euro, just look on ebay, check out feedback first

How much do you normally have to have spent on Vodafone to get it unlocked

Where is the cheapest place to get a sim to v do the port

How much do you normally have to have spent on Vodafone to get it unlocked

Where is the cheapest place to get a sim to v do the port

I posted this earlier:
    I was unlocked immediately by logging into My Vodafone. This is their criteria:

Bill pay customers:

Your Vodafone account must be paid up to date
    You need to be connected to bill pay for at least 12 months or have spent €200 on your account

Pay as you go customers:

Must have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code
    Must have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code
    Must have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code

If you know someone with an account that meets the criteria, get them to log in to my Vodafone. Then you need to hover over the My Vodafone tab at the top > Device and SIM > Unlock my phone. You probably need to use the desktop site rather than mobile, but the URL you need is:

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/subscriptions/nac.html

Enter the IMEI of the phone and you'll get the unlock code immediately.

If you know somebody who is already with Vodafone, chances are they will be able to get you an unlock code for free, which should work immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I tried that and the person got rejected by Vodafone who said the phone wasn't linked to their account.

I tried that and the person got rejected by Vodafone who said the phone wasn't linked to their account.

They have to be using the phone that's requested for unlocking for 2 or 3 days and have made calls and texts on it.

I was told this by VF on twitter after requesting an unlock code for my new iPhone ( I had only gotten an unlock code off them a week previous for another phone, so asked them about the girlfriends account being eligible for unlocking it) After a bit of back and forth it turns out I was eligible for the 2nd code anyway so happy days.

rizzee wrote: »
    They have to be using the phone that's requested for unlocking for 2 or 3 days and have made calls and texts on it.

I was told this by VF on twitter after requesting an unlock code for my new iPhone ( I had only gotten an unlock code off them a week previous for another phone, so asked them about the girlfriends account being eligible for unlocking it) After a bit of back and forth it turns out I was eligible for the 2nd code anyway so happy days.

Not true. I unlocked the phone as soon as I got it using a relative's account when the SIM had never been topped up.

Not true. I unlocked the phone as soon as I got it using a relative's account when the SIM had never been topped up.

I'm just talking from my experience, less than 2 weeks ago. I'm glad that worked for you. Be much easier that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Lazy & cheapskate question....

When does the €100 off "Switch & save" for the Huawei P30 lite end?
    i.e. €129 total!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Lazy & cheapskate question.... part 2 :D

If I get a new 48month sim with a brand new number, activate that, can I simply use that to get the Huawei P30 lite for €229 - €100 for selecting the "Keep my number"?

Then once I get the phone... can I give it my son who's already on Vodafone?

While the phone is locked to Vodafone, is it somehow locked to the particular PAYG plan u select?

• Advertisement

sector_000 wrote: »
    Lazy & cheapskate question.... part 2 :D

If I get a new 48month sim with a brand new number, activate that, can I simply use that to get the Huawei P30 lite for €229 - €100 for selecting the "Keep my number"?

Then once I get the phone... can I give it my son who's already on Vodafone?

While the phone is locked to Vodafone, is it somehow locked to the particular PAYG plan u select?

Yes...Yes and No ! You can use any Voda SIM

Advertisement