Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I'm so glad we got rid of the repetitive posting of tables on the thread. It has really made space for top notch high brow chat :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I'm so glad we got rid of the repetitive posting of tables on the thread. It had really made space for top notch chat :pac::pac:

Great idea that by you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

OOnegative wrote: »
    Great idea that by you!!

A lot of the chat is about the table. ;)

Murph_D wrote: »
    A lot of the chat is about the table. ;)

I made my comment with tongue firmly in cheek. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Warm ups etc aside. I've been searching online for ways to approach this on the day and I'm still not sure.

Can some one give me a time of what you're you going to start out at? I can go back and look at your predicted time on the table and get an idea of what I should be doing.

I'm trying to think positive, but I think I might die :o :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Warm ups etc aside. I've been searching online for ways to approach this on the day and I'm still not sure.

Can some one give me a time of what you're you going to start out at? I can go back and look at your predicted time on the table and get an idea of what I should be doing.

I'm trying to think positive, but I think I might die :o :pac:

Not sure if it's what you mean but I will try to even splits 4.50 and hope that a bit of wind and fitness I'm not aware of gives me the extra 2 seconds.

I ran 4.53 a few weeks ago and I ran even splits for the first 1k then just hung on for dear life. This time I'm going to mark 200m to go so I know when to kick if there is a kick left. If there isn't it will at least let me know not to give up, nearly there!

The thoughts to stop will be very real like in every race so just hang in there. It cuts sharper than the 5k pain but is over quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Can't beat a nice pint bottle of toxic sweat on a sunny day.

I'll take your word for it :D

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Not sure if it's what you mean but I will try to even splits 4.50 and hope that a bit of wind and fitness I'm not aware of gives me the extra 2 seconds.

I ran 4.53 a few weeks ago and I ran even splits for the first 1k then just hung on for dear life. This time I'm going to mark 200m to go so I know when to kick if there is a kick left. If there isn't it will at least let me know not to give up, nearly there!

The thoughts to stop will be very real like in every race so just hang in there. It cuts sharper than the 5k pain but is over quicker!

And 5k pain is bad :eek:

Thanks, that's exactly what I mean, and what I feared in equal measures :pac:

It's over quicker...that's what I'll take with me. I'm going to try and plan a finish point so that I'll know where the end is and it might help.

Interested to hear how pconn and others would run it

• Advertisement

Interested to hear how pconn and others would run it

Half mile at 5k pace, half mile @ 800 pace....:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Half mile at 5k pace, half mile @ 800 pace....:pac:

So 804m @ 800m pace, got it.

I'd probably do half mile @ 800M pace and half mile walking.

adrian522 wrote: »
    So 804m @ 800m pace, got it.

It'll be a flying start so that will gobble up the 4 metres :pac:

It'll be a flying start so that will gobble up the 4 metres :pac:

Are flying starts allowed?

No. I meant the flying start to my second half mile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Auld lads like you don’t need to concern themselves with things like flying starts...:)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DelDonut83

Hi,

M36, predicted time 7mins.

Thanks.

Auld lads like you don’t need to concern themselves with things like flying starts...:)

TbL

True. Not worth the added risk!

True. Not worth the added risk!

It shows up as time moving anyway unfortunately, tried it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

It seems to my untrained and inexperienced eye that it's all about not killing yourself in the first 400.

Found it tough to get a feel for goal pace on the last session.

Especially on fresh legs. Would a pace alert be a help, a hindrance, frowned upon, immoral, cheating, some of above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Lazare wrote: »
    It seems to my untrained and inexperienced eye that it's all about not killing yourself in the first 400.

Found it tough to get a feel for goal pace on the last session.

Especially on fresh legs. Would a pace alert be a help, a hindrance, frowned upon, immoral, cheating, some of above?

Hi

Do you not have an average pace function on your watch. Always worked for me always told me I started to fast and always told me I was bombed at the end :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭py

You could print this out and stick it to your forearm as a reminder... maybe yer watch will allow you to download it to it.
    df0393a38393b057d99d8783d7e06969.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

lol, so just leggit yeah? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

lol, so just leggit yeah? :)
    I tried that about a month ago. I was almost in tears in the fetal position after 800 metres :)

I tried that about a month ago. I was almost in tears in the fetal position after 800 metres :)

I am so full of dread right now:(

py wrote: »
    You could print this out and stick it to your forearm as a reminder... maybe yer watch will allow you to download it to it.
    df0393a38393b057d99d8783d7e06969.jpg

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

The mile TT will be different gravy for most of us; what could possibly go wrong 🀣.

The course condition needs to include an area at the finish to assume the foetal position!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Can i check something with the judge & jury please, I've 2 routes selected but i'm not sure about the elevation, Garmin doesn't seem to agree with Strava :confused: They're both point to point. Are either of these acceptable?

Route 1: Garmin +3.5m / -4.5m. Strava +1ft.

Route 2: Garmin +5.8m / -4.8m. Strava -23ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

If you're not in tears at the halfway point then you're doing it wrong.

Advertisement