Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow site performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Baseball72

Just saw this thread now - thought it was just me.....pages very slow to load for the past 2 days.....

So frustrating.......could the issue not be flagged in a banner when people log on.....I am on boards several times a day, and must have missed the initial announcement (if there was one)....how are people meant to know there is an issue if its not flagged when logging on/visiting the site......?

comp133_demo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 85,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I find it worse today, slow on all devices on all browsers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Incognito on the phone working well for me.... not entirely perfect, but a million times better than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cleared cookies and while logged out everything work perfectly, same as said for incognito.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,424 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Just to add, site is extremly slow. Chrome (latest version) on Windows 10 desktop at a time of night where I would expect traffic to be extremely low. Has been really slow all day across desktop devices. The mobile site has been more responsive and is currently much faster on Android with chrome than the desktop site.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

seems to be marginally faster this morning... is the reason some experience a slowdown because each user has access to a node which may/may not be affected during their session?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Am finding the site to be almost unusable this morning. I will be lucky if this posts!!! It's going on and getting worse for the past 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's bizarre -

Ridiculously slow on Firefox on the laptop
    Can't even log in on Chrome on the laptop
    Ridiculously slow on Chrome on android phone
    Fine on Chrome on android tablet
    Fine on Chrome on an incognito page on the phone

All using the same wifi/ mobile data.

How does all that even add up???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Chrome working fine today now

set always allow boards to set cookies to allow, and manually set the site and port to allow too. Then manually exception to this for a bunch and an ad blocker does the rest. Working fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ball-breakingly slow on Chrome on my Android tablet.

I guess it's just random based on your session, rather than on the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,032 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How come I am getting normal load times at least 95% of the time (Firefox, Touch Site)?

I'm a subscriber using uBlock Origin (which I installed a number of years ago when experiencing slow load times, and it made a huge improvement).

I suspect some part of the background loading/tracking (there is a *lot*) is the cause of the issue people are experiencing, but that's just a guess on my part....

Only real issue i am experiencing at the moment is very slow attachment load times.

Edit: Submitting and editing this post took about 6 seconds each.

Not your ornery onager

running like treacle on every device that I have.

browser brand or incognito make no difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Nice to see others have the same issue as i thought it was my end,w7 on laptop and firefox and lost 1 bar on signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Running very slow on Android 10, Pixel 4XL Chrome browser alright, then it just speeds up a while later like nowt had happened, very strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Esel wrote: »
    I suspect some part of the background loading/tracking (there is a *lot*) is the cause of the issue people are experiencing, but that's just a guess on my part....

Only real issue i am experiencing at the moment is very slow attachment load times.....

Yup!,

Thanks to your post I went off and updated a few f/fox addons.

Text element of site is now back to good speed. ( Pictures still hopeless )

Esel wrote: »
    How come I am getting normal load times at least 95% of the time (Firefox, Touch Site)?

I'm a subscriber using uBlock Origin (which I installed a number of years ago when experiencing slow load times, and it made a huge improvement).

Only real issue i am experiencing at the moment is very slow attachment load times.

Edit: Submitting and editing this post took about 6 seconds each.

seems to me a lot of people are having this issue and not with the general internet - I suspect that it's a boards.ie issue to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

glasso wrote: »
    seems to me a lot of people are having this issue and not with the general internet - I suspect that it's a boards.ie issue to be fixed.

100% a boards issue. Now on Android phone as I'm getting Error 524, time out issues on chrome.

BTW there is an unanswered request on the issue with the help desk since yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Running very slow for me. I'm using Chrome.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Generally only very slow for me when I submit a post.

Chrome on android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Deub

I can’t open attachments on ios.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Site's on its last legs...slow as sh1t and can't even do a search without a huge banner ad blocking the results.

Fook all being done to fix any of it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Took about 2 minutes to load any page tonight.
    For the last few days its been taking about 1 minute per page.

Its getting sicker.

gone to the dogs at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

almost unusable now
    The raspberry Pi must be overloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

The site is very slow to load. Also, I’m not getting email notifications of some subscribed threads, but I’m getting emails for threads I’m no longer subscribed to?

I empathize with the issues you’re having & understand it might be difficult to fix them in the current circumstances. But it’s driving me loopy. :)

The site is unusable for me. It doesn't matter what device or os I use. Will it be like this until the Boards office reopens?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

Site is unusable now, and has been for days
    Thought it was my Internet at first but its only boards.ie (chrome on android)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

m.boards.ie still unusable for me on android :( and that's the only format I enjoy.

I've cleared cache etc and switched between browsers but no joy.

desktop and touch site running slow but usable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Will it be like this until the Boards office reopens?

god forbid, essential service!!!

Advertisement