Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I've been pretty phlegmatic about the vaccine rollout, but after several weeks of being registered (I'm 38, registered the first day) and no sign of a registration text (I've logged in to make sure there isn't a glitch, there isn't), it's starting the get a little frustrating. Not only have 18-34 year olds opened up via pharmacies, 30-34s are opening shortly, and plenty of places down the country have loads left over and are doling it out to 20 year olds or whatever. Most people I know in their 30s have at least one dose, if not two at this stage.

Citiwest seems to have massive delays, the one my area is assigned to. My partner is 40, waited 4 weeks for a text, nothing, had to call them up three times to get it sorted. Another week delay after getting the text though.

Maybe if there are such obvious delays, and bugger all delays in other rural areas, it might possibly, just possibly point to the need for there being another bloody vaccination centre servicing this highly populous area.

Ah, I'm just venting. But it is starting to frustrate me quite a bit.

I understand that. My wife is 3 years older than me. She was able to register 4 days before me. It took 2 days to get her date for her first and 6 days after registering she had her first dose. She got her second today, exactly 28 days after her first. I got my first dose on Friday, 24 days after she got her first! I was waiting a day shy of 3 weeks more than she was. And we're in the same area abs same vaccination centre (obvioisly).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

fitz wrote: »
    Am in the same catchment area...I'm in the 40-44 cohort, and I waited the three weeks from registration date that they said I'd get a text within, and then rang the HSE line first thing the morning it went past 3 weeks. They escalated and I got a text the following day, appointment 5 days later. Give that a try maybe. I know a couple of 39 year olds who were done Monday, both after a frustrating wait like yours, and both of whom got texts last Friday. So hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.

But pretty clear the Citywest catchment should have had another vaccination center to serve it alright... There's clear delays even against other Dublin centres, never mind the rural ones.

Aye, once I hit four weeks, I'll be calling them daily until they escalate it. I think the general proceedure is once the four weeks is up, then they ask you to wait 5 days after that, then they can escalate it. But I'm going to try and poke them into doing it anyway. My gf called up after 3 weeks, was told to wait 5 days, then called five days later. They tried putting her off and telling her to wait another five days, but she was having none of it. Still took another two calls to get sorted though.

What irritates me most is that I'm technically part of cohort 7, but didn't realise it, so I could have been sorted ages ago - eejit. And now my GP isn't doing any more vaccinations and will do bugger all to help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Aye, once I hit four weeks, I'll be calling them daily until they escalate it. I think the general proceedure is once the four weeks is up, then they ask you to wait 5 days after that, then they can escalate it. But I'm going to try and poke them into doing it anyway. My gf called up after 3 weeks, was told to wait 5 days, then called five days later. They tried putting her off and telling her to wait another five days, but she was having none of it. Still took another two calls to get sorted though.

What irritates me most is that I'm technically part of cohort 7, but didn't realise it, so I could have been sorted ages ago - eejit. And now my GP isn't doing any more vaccinations and will do bugger all to help me out.

If you're in a cohort that's under the open schedule I think you can register online with boots for Pfizer, I'm not 100% sure how fast they are/how many doses they get but it might be worth a shot or even giving your local one a buzz.

Citywest seems to be a complete disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Well hello there.

Oh this looks awful on my phone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Oh this is a bag of sh*te.

I blame awec.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

This mobile site just isn't good. Not even how it looks, the functionality isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

Oh dear....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Yep, topics showing light grey on a dark blue background for one thing anyway, very very hard to read thread titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

Is this an improvement??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

OK so let's put to use these separate buttons to 1. lol at, 2. agree with or 3. like a post, and really see who stands where on a crucial issue:

ROG is better than Sexton.

Take another week off and do it properly....it's not user friendly, it's a nightmare to navigate, Jesus, what a balls-up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

The mobile site is absolutely horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The mobile site is a disaster.

Thanks, Buer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The full site is glitchy as **** so far. Teething problems which will be ironed out, I'm sure.

Not too bothered about the full site; the large banner ads at the top of the page are not welcome at all but generally I'm relatively ambivalent to it. The touch site is a dog's dinner though. They had a format that worked well on mobile. Now they've just tried to replicate the full site layout on a small screen which doesn't work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Finding my way here took me a full ten minutes. Just for you all to have said my opinions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

How do you get to the full site on a mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

If you're using Chrome you can go to the options, three dots in the top right (in Chrome itself rather than on the site) and tick the desktop site option.

I'm sure the boards.ie people have worked very hard on this site update so don't want to go and rubbish all their work but initial impressions are not good.

Is it even finished yet I wonder or have they just brought it back online prematurely.

Been a shít show of a migration so far, to have this as the end result would be a disaster tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Ah jaysus, where's the touch site gone. This is shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I would like to speak to the manager please.

Going by a lot of the twitter responses there's an air of "I demand a refund for using this free service"

Very handy being able to scroll to bottom of the page on mobile and see all 3 and a half thousand active users.

I don't want to rush to judgement as sometimes a new layout takes a while to get used to - but this seems objectively and by every measure worse than the old site, slower and less functional?

And I'm on desktop - mobile is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I blame Jemma O'Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Well, this ... is f*cking awful.

Like, the browser site now looks like it's designed for mobile and the mobile site is a total shitshow. What is the obsession with making things look like it should be on a phone in your browser? So much wasted space.

Where's me LOL button gone. This is an outrage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Can't say I'm loving the change. Seems generally slower to me, and the Search functionality is far more limited (and it just doesn't seem to be working, but I'm sure that'll get ironed out).

On the plus side, I've just found the Edit functionality, which will save me some heartache when I inevitably overreact to something.

The board's people haven't done much...it's the Canadians who ran with this and have made a haymes of it

Hopefully there are still updates happening and it starts to run smoother over the next few days.

• Advertisement

Don't think that's entirely true, from reading their updates on Twitter it seemed like a bit of a miscommunication. The actual migration to the platform was done in a couple days, there was then issues with the boards/distilled media devs trying to implement a 'theme' on top of the vanilla standard theme which caused the main delay.

Advertisement