Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I'm looking forward to both Expansions. Love a good crossover too can’t wait to start playing this today. Re-Download is going to be painful especially given there is an update to both games…. Thank god for fibre….

I actually transferred my PS4 saves over to the PS5 only a few weeks ago and installed Odyssey to see it run at 60FPS (they updated it with a patch a few months ago). Its such a beautiful and bright game. Looking forward to play Kasandra again.

I know people give out about the price and it can be a lot of money. I've played every Assassin’s Creed game and even when I finish the main story I still love to jump in and roam around. I'm up to nearly 220hrs on Valhalla (including both DLCs) and pretty sure I was something similar on Odyssey and Origins. I’ve definitely got my moneys worth so an extra €40 euro for a 35 to 40 hour DLC is fine by me

Just looking at where to pre-order the DOR DLC and seems like its only available on the PS Store as Ubisoft are only offering the PC version of the download on their store (was hoping to get a discount based on all the Ubisoft points I have)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

You can play Alexios as part of the Odyssey update but it will only be Kassandra as the character who shows up in Valhalla as she is the canonical character. Here's to making my lesbian Kassandra hook up with my lesbian Eivor 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Well yea, I was answering a question about playing as Alexios in the AC Odyssey part of the crossover. It is a bit shite that you can't have Alexios appear in Valhalla but I suppose you can't really complain about a free update. I played as a male Eivor, I might change it to the female Eivor for this but I just don't think the female Eivor is as good (the opposite situation to Odyssey).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I definitely picked "Let the Animus decide" when starting Valhalla, but it never changed me from the female character at all!

I wonder if it's anything to do with starting on One X and migrating to Series X a week later?

It leaves you as female Eivor because that is the canon version of the character - but it changes to male when you are controlling Odin as he was a male. It is actually quite a clever option.

• Advertisement

Ah right, yes this is exactly what happened 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Update is live. It's around 37gb on PS5

It's making you download the whole game again right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'm an idiot!

I actually read about the update yesterday and fired it up just now ready to play and even saw the play offline button but hit play now!

78gb download 2 hours

FML!

• Advertisement

Finished both of the cross-overs over the weekend - they were surprisingly meaty for free content. Story was pretty good too - particularly the Odyssey one. It definitely finishes that game's story in a very satisfying way.

Oh there's stuff to play on both Odyssey and Valhalla?

Must take a look!

Can't remember if I finished the French DLC yet, got a bit wore out from the Ubisoft formula, then you need to leave it a few months! I couldn't even play Riders Republic, even though that looked great. As soon as it turned into an open world tower clearer, I put the controller down!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ugh, now I'm debating whether to get Odyssey or Valhalla, both going cheap. I was about 10 hours into Odyssey so still lots to do in that but there must have been a reason i sold it in the first place.

There are pros and cons to both, I think overall Odyssey is the better game though. Runs at 60 FPS on PS5 too which is always nice.

I'm enjoying Valhalla I have to say. Main story and raids keeping me going, not too arsed with any filler to be honest. Game is a bit on the simplistic side but flows nicely and looks amazing. Glad to hear Odyssey is a better game because now I have that to look forward to.

Is the Ireland DLC worth getting? Or is it full of toooralooorlooo be-godda-be-garra drunkards and leprechauns? (although leprechauns would be pretty cool actually :-D)

Looks pretty cool alright!

Looks great. I hope it's not too long! 😁 Sounds strange not to want as much game as possible for your money, but sometimes a little less is better quality. I will pick this up eventually in one of the sales.

Has anyone played the Paris and Ireland DLC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have played them both, they are decent expansions. Neither of them radically change up the formula but both have their charms. I Irish DLC is the larger of the two and has a decent enough story, the plastic paddy nonsense is kept to a minimum IIRC. The Paris DLC is a lot shorter with a smaller map, but it also has a decent story and it reintroduces some of the stealthy assassin elements missing from the series since it went full open world. I wouldn't pay full price for them unless you are desperate for more Valhalla, but if you get the season pass on sale it is well worth it.

• Advertisement

It's a pity the upcoming Ragnarok expansion doesn't have a physical version on the Ubisoft store!

I could get 20% off it then 😊

Now I think I'll use my xbox rewards to get €40 of store credit for it 😁

New Free Game mode out now

As with other rogue-lite experiences, Forgotten Saga pushes players to their limits with difficult enemies and a hostile world. Players progress through the world in a single run to try to conquer the depths of Niflheim, but death is natural part of the experience and will be a frequent part of your adventures. With each death, you will return to the start with opportunities to upgrade Odin and grow in strength for your next attempt with further insights on how to overcome the challenges ahead.

It's a 35gb update on Series X, not really sure I can be bothered going back to it but nice they are adding free content to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The extra content and DLC sounds like so much fun. But I've tried twice now and just can't get through the main game. And I'm a weirdo that won't play DLC until I've finished the main game...

You might actually be better playing the DLC before finishing the main game. I was so overpowered the game was basically playing itself by the end

DLC's are like level 55 and level 90.

They are meant to be played during the game really, but of course they came out after you'd finished the game if you were playing from launch!

It's piss easy when you get to the DLC and you're level 350! Although I think the default option now is to level up the enemies in any are to be just a few below you, for that extra challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Is dawn of ragnarök worth a punt? I've completed the other dlc games. It hearing mixed reviews!

I enjoyed the main game and thought the first two expansions were decent/good. Dawn of Ragnarok bored me to tears, I don't know if it was particularly bad or if I was just sick of the game at that point (I didn't play all of this content at once, it was over 18 months). What definitely didn't help was the fact that I was so overpowered in Dawn of Ragnarok that the game was basically playing itself. It tries to spice things up by mixing in a few new gameplay/puzzle types but they are underdeveloped and you pretty much just use one of them anyway.

I would give it a miss unless you just really want more of Valhalla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Well that's made my mind up! Time to trade Valhalla in!

• Advertisement

Conversely, I loved Dawn of Ragnarök, so if you have it already, just play it and find out for yourself.

Advertisement