Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DanB87

pc7 wrote: »
    Flight went ahead, I couldn’t believe they gave me the vouchers. It arrived really quick, very happy!

I’ve other flights booked with them for October so hoping same happens

Ok fingers crossed they’ll offer the same! Will sit tight and wait!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

DanB87 wrote: »
    Ok fingers crossed they’ll offer the same! Will sit tight and wait!

Send them a dm on twitter saying you have heard others getting offer, you could get lucky. When you look at booking can you see any option for voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Have Qatar cancelled the flights?

Dublin to Doha no

Doha to Bali yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Refund : I booked ryanair flights back in Jan for June, they were cancelled in May. 1st email said to 'click here' for refund & I followed the instructions. 2 weeks later i get an email with my voucher !! wha? i didnt ask for a voucher !

I left it on the long finger, until today, logged into ryanair.com and went to the chatbot & got on to a rep who went through the refund again, he said it could take up to 3 weeks........so lets wait & see :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

So my trip to Bali cancel and now world war 3 with the travel agents I booked my flights with,

Qatar have said they have refused the 3900 total flight costs to them, travel agents say they have Notting ?

Just going to open a charge back case with my bank on this as I am going to get nowhere !!!

Now I have to fight to get my hotels refunded in Bali to

Everything was booked pre Covid

Hi,

I booked flights last January to Australia for this October through Qatar Airways. They have told me that I can change it to a voucher valid for 2 years but I would obviously prefer a refund. This is unlikely to happen unless the flight is cancelled but I want to know where I stand if the flight is operational but Australia wont allow me in as is currently the case?

Just to clarify in your situation Qatar are refusing to refund despite one of your flights being cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DanB87

Send them a dm on twitter saying you have heard others getting offer, you could get lucky. When you look at booking can you see any option for voucher?

No response from AL other than to rebook the flights - will cost an extra €150 per person due to the fare difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Hi,

I booked flights last January to Australia for this October through Qatar Airways. They have told me that I can change it to a voucher valid for 2 years but I would obviously prefer a refund. This is unlikely to happen unless the flight is cancelled but I want to know where I stand if the flight is operational but Australia wont allow me in as is currently the case?

Just to clarify in your situation Qatar are refusing to refund despite one of your flights being cancelled?

They didn’t offer me a voucher, they said I could rebook the flight and pay the difference in cost the difference in cost was 1500 euros more on top of the 3700 price, i refuse to add more money to a booking when god only knows when I might be flying,

They offered me a refund then because of no flights to Bali tourists are banned, but said I need to get on to my travel agent who I booked it with and that’s budget air Ireland, basically they have stopped replying to me, Qatar have told me they will refund the cost to budget air Ireland and then they will refund me the cost, however they won’t even reply to my emails,

It’s going to be a long few months trying to get my money back as my booking is cancelled on the Qatar system but budget air say it’s not .... I have proof that it is cancelled on the Qatar system ....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

DanB87 wrote: »
    No response from AL other than to rebook the flights - will cost an extra €150 per person due to the fare difference.

Feck, hope you get sorted, consumers have really be sh1t on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,921 ✭✭✭dodzy

Feck, hope you get sorted, consumers have really be sh1t on

Disgraceful show alright. Govt should have stepped in months ago and forced their hand.
    If your flight or any part of it is cancelled - refund or voucher (your choice)
    If it runs to a red list country - refund or voucher (your choice)
    If it runs to a green list country - voucher minimum.

They advise us not to travel....and in return we receive SFA support when we follow their recommendation. It’s a joke.

We’ve been royally f**cked over during this period.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

They didn’t offer me a voucher, they said I could rebook the flight and pay the difference in cost the difference in cost was 1500 euros more on top of the 3700 price, i refuse to add more money to a booking when god only knows when I might be flying,

They offered me a refund then because of no flights to Bali tourists are banned, but said I need to get on to my travel agent who I booked it with and that’s budget air Ireland, basically they have stopped replying to me, Qatar have told me they will refund the cost to budget air Ireland and then they will refund me the cost, however they won’t even reply to my emails,

It’s going to be a long few months trying to get my money back as my booking is cancelled on the Qatar system but budget air say it’s not .... I have proof that it is cancelled on the Qatar system ....

Sorry to hear that, I hope it all works out for you.

I am a bit different in that Qatar seem to be one of the few airlines who still are operating flights to Australia even though there is severely restricted numbers of people being let in to the country. As long as the flight is operational I wont get a a refund despite no chance of me being able to enter. I queried this with them but they have just told me to contact the Australian Embassy, for what I dont know. But I suppose that is my next point of contact to get confirmation from them that I wont be allowed in and see if that makes any difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

I got an email from Aer Lingus last week saying I will be fully refunded, but haven’t received the money just yet. Has anyone here got a refund confirmation email and knows how long it takes to be refunded after getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Daqu1234

Hi,
    I waited 3 months for my cancelled cruise refund of over €3K from clickandgo who 3 months ago told me I would recieve my refund within the 3 months and now they are fobbing me off with a credit note which I told them I do not want, they are ringing me tomorrow to discuss but I have very little confidence I will ever see that €3332.00 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

Still waiting for a Ryanair flight refund (flight last April) booked with Loveholidays.
    Ryanair now have in place a system for dealing directly with customers, accessed through their website.
    After reading a spiel on why you shouldn't book via Travel Agents, you submit a load of information and..we'll see what happens.
    Anyone else used this system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Anyone else waiting months for their Aer Lingus voucher? Our flights got cancelled back in June and I was offered a voucher. Got no response from them, I put in a separate claim on the web-site and eventually got a response today (looks like an automated reply) saying that due to unprecedented demand they haven't processed all claims yet and to please wait, yada, yada, yada.

Not good enough at all - I decided against requesting a full refund and I would prefer Aer Lingus to stay in business long term but consumer rights seem to have been forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

deandean wrote: »
    Still waiting for a Ryanair flight refund (flight last April) booked with Loveholidays.
    Ryanair now have in place a system for dealing directly with customers, accessed through their website.
    After reading a spiel on why you shouldn't book via Travel Agents, you submit a load of information and..we'll see what happens.
    Anyone else used this system?

Yeah, I had to fill in a form saying that the refund is to be paid back to me not love holidays. That was a month ago now, still nothing, not even any kind of confirmation that I'm due a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Got my refund from Ryanair. Waited a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Anyone else waiting months for their Aer Lingus voucher? Our flights got cancelled back in June and I was offered a voucher. Got no response from them, I put in a separate claim on the web-site and eventually got a response today (looks like an automated reply) saying that due to unprecedented demand they haven't processed all claims yet and to please wait, yada, yada, yada.

Not good enough at all - I decided against requesting a full refund and I would prefer Aer Lingus to stay in business long term but consumer rights seem to have been forgotten about.

Since 20th March for me. So 6 months basically.

Got an email in August saying "you bought your flight in CHF, we can't issue a voucher in that currency would you take a euro voucher", I said yes, not a peep since. Customer support on twitter and phone keeps saying they're escalating it and it'll arrive soon.

Check out twitter if you want to see the mountain of customers with the same issue.

Chargeback isn't an option for me as I opted for the voucher prior to trying for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ryanair emailled me today to say my”ticket has been closed “
    I’m choosing to believe this means my refund is on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

km79 wrote: »
    Ryanair emailled me today to say my”ticket has been closed “
    I’m choosing to believe this means my refund is on the way

I got similar email today but it stated that if I wanted a refund I had to click on a link.. This is despite me pestering them for a refund since April!

About 3 weeks ago, I posted a charge back request to AIB. Does anyone know how long the banks take to process these?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lynneee19

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

I have a few questions that you might be able to help me with.

Had anyone booked park tickets for Disneyland Paris (through the official site) pre lock down to travel. (I booked tickets in January to travel in May).

Have you been able to get a refund on tickets that you know you will not be able to use even though they have extended the life of the ticket until 31st March 2021?
    And if you have been successful in receiving a refund, how did you go about it?

Just to note: Irish Ferries had no hesitation in issuing me with a refund for the ferry sailing.

I will not be able to travel anytime near that date be it this year or up until 31st March 2021. And I do not know (like most of us) what lies ahead with travel restrictions and quarantining etc.

I have emailed twice in the past 2 weeks with all relevant details and have not received any communication. The website itself just gives a cover all answer which isn't really helping me or others I suppose.

Thanks in advance for any help and information you may be able to give me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Got 3 emails off Ryanair yesterday asking if I wanted a voucher or a refund. For fcuk sake I declined the voucher and asked for a refund 4 months ago! It's getting ridiculous now our government needs to step in and do something about this

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Daqu1234 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I waited 3 months for my cancelled cruise refund of over €3K from clickandgo who 3 months ago told me I would recieve my refund within the 3 months and now they are fobbing me off with a credit note which I told them I do not want, they are ringing me tomorrow to discuss but I have very little confidence I will ever see that €3332.00 again.

Click and Go have been a disgrace during the crisis. Took my money and kept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

Hi, I also used this method on 10th August ( for flights on April 1st) They said I'd be refunded direct by them but travel agent on to me Wednesday saying they'd been refunded, arrived in bank today. Hopefully you will receive it soon. Never again for me with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Hi everyone
    Is their a contact number for Ryanair and an email address that you can contact them with ? Waiting for refund since April and can’t seem to get any replies to emails sent ? Any help appreciated. Thanks

ciaeim wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Is their a contact number for Ryanair and an email address that you can contact them with ? Waiting for refund since April and can’t seem to get any replies to emails sent ? Any help appreciated. Thanks
    Hi, I only received my refund for April flights today. If you go on their website, on the menu you'll see 'contact us' You should see where you can click on 'customer agent' and you'll get to speak to an agent but you may be kept holding in a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

MayoForSam wrote: »

Waiting since early April for an AL voucher. Tbh I've written it off and never expect to see that 3k again. There is no way this delay is due to processing claims. I got my solicitor to send a letter but am expecting little.

ciaeim wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Go to menu and Help Centre.
    Still can't find what you're looking for?
    Ryanair ChatBot offers 24/7 support. Also our Customer Care agents are available to support if you need further assistance. Our agents are available:
    Mon-Fri 06:00 - 21:00 GMT
    Sat 08:00 -18:00 GMT
    Sun 09:00 - 18:00 GMT
    Chat Now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Go to menu and Help Centre.
    Still can't find what you're looking for?
    Ryanair ChatBot offers 24/7 support. Also our Customer Care agents are available to support if you need further assistance. Our agents are available:
    Mon-Fri 06:00 - 21:00 GMT
    Sat 08:00 -18:00 GMT
    Sun 09:00 - 18:00 GMT
    Chat Now

Trying to communicate with Ryanair is a total waste of your time.

Best bet is chargeback on your credit/debit card.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Waiting since early April for an AL voucher. Tbh I've written it off and never expect to see that 3k again. There is no way this delay is due to processing claims. I got my solicitor to send a letter but am expecting little.

Solicitors letter unlikely to work but chargeback or SMC might get you your money back.

See sticky https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi, I also used this method on 10th August ( for flights on April 1st) They said I'd be refunded direct by them but travel agent on to me Wednesday saying they'd been refunded, arrived in bank today. Hopefully you will receive it soon. Never again for me with Ryanair.

Never book Ryanair through a travel agent!

Advertisement