Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

My Aer Lingus flight for September to France has been cancelled thankfully as had no intentions of going.
    I obviously am looking for full refund rather than voucher.

If I follow through from the AL cancellation email I end up here at the Post Travel Enquiry Form where I can raise an EC261 Issue.
    https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/post-travel-enquiry/

Or am I better off following this link and not ticking the 'happy to accept voucher' option?
    https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/voucher-refund-request-form/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

odyssey06 wrote: »
    My Aer Lingus flight for September to France has been cancelled thankfully as had no intentions of going.
    I obviously am looking for full refund rather than voucher.

If I follow through from the AL cancellation email I end up here at the Post Travel Enquiry Form where I can raise an EC261 Issue.
    https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/post-travel-enquiry/

Or am I better off following this link and not ticking the 'happy to accept voucher' option?
    https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/voucher-refund-request-form/

Cash is king.
    In any event AL seem to be making a pigs ear out the voucher process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ryanair refund is in my account today, just under 4 weeks since I applied. Big improvement on the last one (107 days). No more travel booked so no more refund stress for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Still waiting for a refund from an early May and a mid June flight with Ryanair, flights cancelled long before the departure dates.

Applied for the refund, refused the vouchers and still no sign of a refund.

Tried contacting them via Twitter, no joy there.

Tried their website a couple of times, but I seem to get in a queue that does not move nor is very clear what is going on. Can't spend all day looking at a screen waiting for an agent to magically appear and talk to me.

Best option now, is it to apply for a chargeback via the bank?

With PTSB, what details would I need? Can I do it online or do I need to call them?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Greg81 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone.

So long story short: Aeroflot is refusing to refund. €2.5K Last info I got form them:

Please note that the Government of the Russian Federation had set a special refund procedure for the amount payed for transportation in case of passenger refusal for air transportation in the event of introduction of high alert mode on the entire territory of Russian Federation or on a part of the territory[1]. According to the procedure when the contract of carriage is terminated, the obligation of the carrier arises to accept the payed amount for the ticket as payment for the carriage and additional services within 3 years from the departure date of the ticket. Funds not used to pay for air transportation services are subject to a refund after the period of 3 years from the date of departure of the flight specified in the ticket, with interest accruing, the amount of which is determined by the key rate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation.

We would like to remind you that currently you can take advantage of the special conditions and the options available to you for issuing a certificate, including an option without a personal visit to the office, and additional opportunities for exchanging a ticket. Options are detailed on the airline's website in the "news" section from 30.04.2020 and 20.05.2020 on the links: https://www.aeroflot.ru/xx-en/news/61757?_preferredLanguage=en and https://www.aeroflot.ru/xx-en/news/61766?_preferredLanguage=en

In case you will not take advantage of these options, you can apply for a refund after the period of 3 years from the departure date of the flight specified in the ticket.

We will be happy if your decision regarding the issuance of a special certificate and additional options for exchanging ticket will change and we will meet you again on PJSC Aeroflot flights.

Am I getting this right that I have to wait over 3 years to get my money back???

I am not interested of any form of voucher or alternative flight.

Looks like I will be trying to ask AiB for chargeback. No way i am waiting 3 years for refund from Aeroflot.

• Advertisement

Still waiting for a refund from an early May and a mid June flight with Ryanair, flights cancelled long before the departure dates.

Applied for the refund, refused the vouchers and still no sign of a refund.

Tried contacting them via Twitter, no joy there.

Tried their website a couple of times, but I seem to get in a queue that does not move nor is very clear what is going on. Can't spend all day looking at a screen waiting for an agent to magically appear and talk to me.

Best option now, is it to apply for a chargeback via the bank?

With PTSB, what details would I need? Can I do it online or do I need to call them?

Thanks
    Have you ordered merchandise or services and not received them?

The best place to start if you've not received merchandise or services you've paid for with your Visa Debit or Credit card is by contacting the company you bought them from. We realise this is not always possible, for example if the company has gone out of business, so if you can't resolve the issue with them, maybe we can help you raise a dispute. Please call us on 1890 24 12 24 (01-2124298) where an advisor will be happy to assist you.

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/help-and-support/help-with-banking/disputed-card-payments/

Looks like I will be trying to ask AiB for chargeback. No way i am waiting 3 years for refund from Aeroflot.

Funds not used to pay for air transportation services are subject to a refund after the period of 3 years from the date of departure of the flight specified in the ticket, with interest accruing, the amount of which is determined by the key rate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation.

Am I getting this right that I have to wait over 3 years to get my money back???

Yeah Mr. Putin is demanding a 3 year variable rate loan.
    Not wishing to be flippant but Aeroflot are at least offering you interest on the loan. This is more than BA/Ryanair offered their customers.

The interest rate of Central Bank of the Russian Federation today is 4.25%.

Interesting, but I'm with you, chargeback is the way to go.

Taking proceedings against Vladimir doesn't sound like a good prospect!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭bamayang

Had Aerlingus flights to US cancelled in May.
    Opted for refund, got case number, heard nothing since.
    Twitter messaged them last week, refund today.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

paddy19 wrote: »
    Funds not used to pay for air transportation services are subject to a refund after the period of 3 years from the date of departure of the flight specified in the ticket, with interest accruing, the amount of which is determined by the key rate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation.

Yeah Mr. Putin is demanding a 3 year variable rate loan.
    Not wishing to be flippant but Aeroflot are at least offering you interest on the loan. This is more than BA/Ryanair offered their customers.

The interest rate of Central Bank of the Russian Federation today is 4.25%.

Interesting, but I'm with you, chargeback is the way to go.

Taking proceedings against Vladimir doesn't sound like a good prospect!

Contacted AIB. Sent supporting documents. Now I have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Well - having had my RyanAir flights cancelled for our trip to Spain near the end of March... we finally, FINALLY got the money refunded into our bank account!!
    yay!!!

We requested a refund from the beginning - they initially said the refunds were being processed, then gave us vouchers we didn't want.
    Then recently got an email saying we still can use our vouchers...had a link at bottom to reject the voucher and get a refund so we selected this - got another email last week then saying the refund is being processed and money arrived yesterday.

In the meantime I started a SCC case against them, so I'll cancel/stop/drop that now.

Thanks to Paddy, and all here for the helpful advice and tips etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Unusual situation this; was due a refund from Lastminute.com for American flights in April that were cancelled. Got my email after 3 months of waiting to say my refund was successful and the money would be in my account within 15 working days.

Sounds great right? Well, I no longer have the bank account used to pay for the flights last year. Took the opportunity during lockdown to switch provider. So the bank have said the money will just bounce-back to lastminute. However, lastminute are now completely un-contactable. They don't deal with queries via Twitter anymore and only one of their phone lines is operational but it's automated so can't actually speak to someone to explain the situation.

Anyone any ideas or will my refund be stuck in the ether for ever more?

Arrived to my parents house to find a cheque from AIB for the refund amount. So much for it bouncing back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Contacted AIB. Sent supporting documents. Now I have to wait.

took me about 5 weeks from when I submitted, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

I got through to Ryanair helpline after a few attempts (early on Saturday morning) 0818 90 40 13, you will hear the recorded message then a wait time... it told me there was a 15 min wait but was connect after 30 sec. Anyway long story short, had 2 flights canx, one in mid June one start of July, had requested refund for both, heard nothing since, agent told me both were down for a voucher but with the booking ref and email he changed that to refund request. Said it will be in the account 7-10 days. Fingers crossed, will be very slow to book with them again..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was told on the 20th it would be a maximum of 7-10 working days before my refund was finally in my account
    That’s almost up now
    Getting really sick of it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Still waiting on my Ryanair Refunds for our mid April flights and also for our mid May flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Still waiting on my Ryanair Refunds for our mid April flights and also for our mid May flights.

Still waiting on March

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

So to update on my chargeback for 1500 euros against Vayama.ie
    They disputed it and so this morning he refund that appeared in my account has now been recalled and I've been charged 1500 euros again.
    Waiting on documentation to show why they dispute it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I am actually losing the will on this, almost a grand I'm waiting on from Ryanair months now. When I check status it says I booked through a travel agent, no I fooking didnt! Got back onto AIB with whom I started a charge back in June, they are saying look we've 1000's of these to do one by one. It is just so sh1tty on consumers, we are being treated so badly. :(

eta - got onto RA on chat, they said 3 weeks again! so they confirmed in transcript they have escalated my claim and it will be with me by 24th September, we shall see, another chat transcript to add to the list.

I will do everything I can when travel opens up to avoid using RA again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Applied for chargeback with my bank for flight going back to May with Ryanair.
    I changed my credit card due to a fraudulent transaction so possibly that could be an issue though the banks should have some means in place for this to be picked up.

Wait and see now.

pc7 wrote: »
    I am actually losing the will on this, almost a grand I'm waiting on from Ryanair months now. When I check status it says I booked through a travel agent, no I fooking didnt! Got back onto AIB with whom I started a charge back in June, they are saying look we've 1000's of these to do one by one. It is just so sh1tty on consumers, we are being treated so badly. :(

eta - got onto RA on chat, they said 3 weeks again! so they confirmed in transcript they have escalated my claim and it will be with me by 24th September, we shall see, another chat transcript to add to the list.

I will do everything I can when travel opens up to avoid using RA again.

I just cam on to type the exact same thing
    aug 3rd chat 7-10 days
    aug 20th chat 7-10 days

Today a load of absoulte rubbish as above. I have 800 euro debit on my card which i left sitting there as I did not want 800 credit on it when this is refunded.

What are my options now. Booked with PTSB C CARD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DanB87

I am seeing on Twitter that some people are being emailed directly from Aer Lingus that they can apply for vouchers for certain flights even when they are not cancelled.

Is anyone getting these for non-cancelled flights to the USA? Scheduled to fly at the end of Oct and don’t want have to rebook as I don’t know when we will be able to travel there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

DanB87 wrote: »
    I am seeing on Twitter that some people are being emailed directly from Aer Lingus that they can apply for vouchers for certain flights even when they are not cancelled.

Is anyone getting these for non-cancelled flights to the USA? Scheduled to fly at the end of Oct and don’t want have to rebook as I don’t know when we will be able to travel there.

I got this for a European flight a few weeks back, voucher arrived super quick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

So my trip to Bali cancel and now world war 3 with the travel agents I booked my flights with,

Qatar have said they have refused the 3900 total flight costs to them, travel agents say they have Notting ?

Just going to open a charge back case with my bank on this as I am going to get nowhere !!!

Now I have to fight to get my hotels refunded in Bali to

Everything was booked pre Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

So my trip to Bali cancel and now world war 3 with the travel agents I booked my flights with,

Qatar have said they have refused the 3900 total flight costs to them, travel agents say they have Notting ?

Have Qatar cancelled the flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DanB87

pc7 wrote: »
    I got this for a European flight a few weeks back, voucher arrived super quick too.

Thank you! Was the flight cancelled or did it go ahead?

DanB87 wrote: »
    Thank you! Was the flight cancelled or did it go ahead?

Flight went ahead, I couldn’t believe they gave me the vouchers. It arrived really quick, very happy!

I’ve other flights booked with them for October so hoping same happens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,921 ✭✭✭dodzy

Folks, meant to be travelling to Majorca tomorrow night. With Ryanair. Guess I’m screwed as long as the flight goes ? Booked flights end of June this year.

Has anyone successfully got a chargeback through PTSB ?
    I’m sick of this now
    Have copies of 3 diff chat transcripts and emails to back it up

Do I just email them on to ptsb staying I want a chargeback ?

dodzy wrote: »
    Folks, meant to be travelling to Majorca tomorrow night. With Ryanair. Guess I’m screwed as long as the flight goes ? Booked flights end of June this year.

With Ryanair if it flies you are fecked, can you change the dates?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully got a chargeback through PTSB ?
    I’m sick of this now
    Have copies of 3 diff chat transcripts and emails to back it up

Do I just email them on to ptsb staying I want a chargeback ?

Not with PTSB, but AIB have a form and then an email address you send it too, give your card services a buzz and they'll advise you. If anything like AIB you could be waiting a while, I'm waiting almost 3 months (they've said they've 1000's in the queue).

Advertisement