Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

With all this corona virus stuff going on, does anyone smell an invasion?

• 26-04-2020 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

There's probably an invasion coming along any day now, they can conveniently push the dead children killed by UK and British forces back to the last 5 minutes of news where everyone has already flicked over to the Simpsons once they've heard about the 90 year olds who can barely walk tragically taken by the corona virus.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There should be an entrance exam for this site...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Mods, we've got another one over here...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Adam9213

endacl wrote: »

Back to the corona virus death count page for you buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Adam9213 wrote: »
    There's probably an invasion coming along any day now, they can conveniently push the dead children killed by UK and British forces back to the last 5 minutes of news where everyone has already flicked over to the Simpsons once they've heard about the 90 year olds who can barely walk tragically taken by the corona virus.

The Russians? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I've been watching a lot more T.V. since the lock-down has me at home. What bothers me most is all the nudity on display in so many programmes.

It would make lots of folks shake their fist.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot more T.V. since the lock-down has me at home. What bothers me most is all the nudity on display in so many programmes.

Left or right fist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

storker wrote: »
    The Russians? :D
    The Simpsons :eek:

I swear, any time I visit my parents and we watch a movie or something on TV there's always a big dirty 5 minute long sex scene that comes on halfway through, why do they feel the need to put this stuff in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The chances of anything coming from mars...

I'm hoping common sense and logic form an alliance and invade your thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Yurt! wrote: »
    Mods, we've got another one over here...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

What you on? and where can i get some as i'm fed up locked up.
    Was that your bag of stuff they found in the ditch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I swear, any time I visit my parents and we watch a movie or something on TV there's always a big dirty 5 minute long sex scene that comes on halfway through, why do they feel the need to put this stuff in there?

Are you afraid that it’s putting unreal “expectations” on any, potential, paramour of yours?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

To give your parents ideas for the bedroom when you go home to your own house ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

endacl wrote: »

Best post eva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I don't know. It's fecking disgraceful,if you ask me. Erm,just so I can avoid such an awkward situation myself,can you let me know the name of these programmes?

I'm hoping common sense and logic form an alliance and invade your thoughts

You know this post is half a joke and half actually memories of mine from recent conflicts, if you think more deeply into what I said and you have the knowledge you will see some form of truth in what I just said.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭10fathoms

The men in the white coats will be along to see you soon OP. Just get in the van, don't struggle.

I don't know. It's fecking disgraceful,if you ask me. Erm,just so I can avoid such an awkward situation myself,can you let me know the name of these programmes?

I'm probably out of touch with the average human being of today's world, but I don't get any kicks out of seeing "raunchy sex scenes" when I'm trying to watch a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I was chatting to a friend on the phone and from that call, her neighbour thinks the virus is not real and its a push for a global government.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Getting a whiff of

Well... it was kind of a joke with some philosophical thought about conflict in general but I was wrong for thinking boards.ie users would actually think deeper into a statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yes in fact I have as assembled a Dad's Army regiment at Dingle to keep an eye out. I'm only person here but expect others to join me shortly. Good luck to all Irishmen.

Getting a whiff of

Well... it was kind of a joke with some philosophical thought about conflict in general but I was wrong for thinking boards.ie users would actually think deeper into a statement.

Your right I don't think deeper into someone talking sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just to add to this tin foil hat conspiracy there is an interesting article in the Sunday Times today stating that Chinese Naval forces are pushing and nudging further into other countries territories.

Taiwan, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam to name a few. To date they've got involved in indirect actions with coastguard vessels and fishing boats of the above nations.

The Yanks unfortunately are tied up elsewhere however with other problems ie, the crews of their two carriers Reagan and Roosevelt being both laid up with Covid 19.

Coincidentally, one of the Chinese destroyers leading these incursions is called 'Wuhan'.

You heard it here first folks.
    The op is right!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

By whom? On whom? The Russians have enough money to sustain a campaign, anywhere, for about 7 minutes. How can the Chinese suppose to rebuild their economy without Western purchasing power?

Your right I don't think deeper into someone talking sh1te.

Remember when the Libyan conflict was going on? I remember sitting watching the 6 o clock news can't remember if it was BBC or channel 4 or what on how Gaddafi has a sex dungeon where he keeps dozens of underage girls for "sexual torture" that was the headline of the news and how it started off, "new information has come through" coincidentally or not that was a bad day for UK forces because one of their air strikes went wrong and killed a bunch of civilians, for whatever reason they couldn't cover up this bombing so they were going to have to report it one way or another and it was reported in a way convenient way.

Now I don't take offence to your statement because I'm sure you didn't think deeper about any of that when it was happening.

The Gaddafi thing was all lies it was discovered after the conflict by the way, it was headline news though for about a week all over the papers and news front page.

Remember when the Libyan conflict was going on? I remember sitting watching the 6 o clock news can't remember if it was BBC or channel 4 or what on how Gaddafi has a sex dungeon where he keeps dozens of underage girls for "sexual torture" that was the headline of the news and how it started off, "new information has come through" coincidentally or not that was a bad day for UK forces because one of their air strikes went wrong and killed a bunch of civilians, for whatever reason they couldn't cover up this bombing so they were going to have to report it one way or another and it was reported in a way convenient way.

Now I don't take offence to your statement because I'm sure you didn't think deeper about any of that when it was happening.

The Gaddafi thing was all lies it was discovered after the conflict by the way, it was headline news though for about a week all over the papers and news front page.

Now my post was a joke, with some meaning to it, read this post and you might grasp some understanding on what wasn't a joke about my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭mulbot

Maybe slightly off topic but a good documentary regarding the power of media etc is one called"the century of the self"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

You mean when your supposed to be watching cartoon network, when you flick over to adult stations you're parents can hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sminkypinky

I was hoping this thread was going to be some "War of the Worlds" type effort.

Disappointed. I'll see myself out.

mulbot wrote: »
    Maybe slightly off topic but a good documentary regarding the power of media etc is one called"the century of the self"

People have no idea the power of media, the information they choose to give, how it's portrayed, in what order it's given in is actually what forms your opinions, it's not your mind that forms it unless you really want to passively form an opinion.

cj maxx wrote: »
    You mean when your supposed to be watching cartoon network, when you flick over to adult stations you're parents can hear?

Buddy, go back to "entertaining" things like gossip about Kim Jong Un

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Christ! Who opened the gates of the asylums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Moved to the conspiracy theories forum. Read the local charter before posting.

• Advertisement

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Christ! Who opened the gates of the asylums?

Should you not be out getting your face mask?

I was hoping this thread was going to be some "War of the Worlds" type effort.

Disappointed. I'll see myself out.

That was my first thought, 👽 aliens .
    Like you, very disappointing

Buddy, go back to "entertaining" things like gossip about Kim Jong Un

Ok pal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm probably out of touch with the average human being of today's world, .

You don't say?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You don't say?

I'll gladly say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Should you not be out getting your face mask?
    I'll gladly say it.

Mod

This thread is no longer in After Hours. Can you try & treat your own thread a bit more seriously.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

This thread is no longer in After Hours. Can you try & treat your own thread a bit more seriously.

With serious replies yes I will and do already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

So to kick it off, who are you expecting to invade & where will they do it?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    By whom? On whom? The Russians have enough money to sustain a campaign, anywhere, for about 7 minutes. How can the Chinese suppose to rebuild their economy without Western purchasing power?

I assume he means that US and British forces will invade <somewhere> and take advantage of the fact that (a) everyone is preoccupied with the Coronavirus and (b) the restrictions mean there can't be any mass protest about said invasion when it happens.

I'm not sure if he's saying that the virus crisis (now there's a new band name :)) has been engineered/faked with this in mind, or whether it's just a convenient smoke screen that's crying out to be taken advantage of.

The first option would be beyond ridiculous. The second is a more interesting idea, especially given the current tenant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

I assume he means that US and British forces will invade <somewhere> and take advantage of the fact that (a) everyone is preoccupied with the Coronavirus and (b) the restrictions mean there can't be any mass protest about said invasion when it happens.

I'm not sure if he's saying that the virus crisis (now there's a new band name :)) has been engineered/faked with this in mind, or whether it's just a convenient smoke screen that's crying out to be taken advantage of.

The first option would be beyond ridiculous. The second is a more interesting idea, especially given the current tenant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Man you don't belong on this site you actually seem to have some kind of grasp on what I was getting at but yeah you pretty much got it bang on, I think it was pretty clear cut what I was getting at but maybe that's what people thought was crazy, even though stuff along the same lines as this are always used for every US\UK invasion in the last 20 years.

It was basically half a joke with some meaning behind it.

A good example is what I wrote earlier about Gaddafi and the sex dungeon story that was made up about him, it was a smoke screen, people were more interested in that story than the air strikes that killed a bunch of civilians and the war that was killing so many people.

I can guarantee the people who complain about "conspiracy theories" didn't think twice about that sex dungeon story.

Man you don't belong on this site you actually seem to have some kind of grasp on what I was getting at but yeah you pretty much got it bang on, I think it was pretty clear cut what I was getting at

Thank you...I think...but ease up on the kudos...actually I first read it as meaning an invasion of Ireland. When you mentioned depth I was going to post something dismissive but thought it better to read the original post again first. Then I got it.
    A good example is what I wrote earlier about Gaddafi and the sex dungeon story that was made up about him, it was a smoke screen, people were more interested in that story than the air strikes that killed a bunch of civilians and the war that was killing so many people. I can guarantee the people who complain about "conspiracy theories" didn't think twice about that sex dungeon story.

I don't remember that, but for some reason I also don't remember, I didn't pay much attention to what was happening in Libya then. I do tend to be dismissive of conspiracy theories in the absence of solid evidence, and I've seen too many quotes taken out of context, over-long YouTube videos that don't do anything like was said on the tin and lots of innuendo presented as incontrovertible fact to be impressed by them, so my default response is an eye-roll, as it would be if you were presenting the first scenario I mentioned. The second is however, more plausible so I'd be less likely to dismiss it out of hand, even if I don't actually believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

An invasion?
    Certainly not.

Re-filling the quickly emptying old people's homes (many will go out of business if only half-full), with new non-national folks (not exactly invasive, but economically opportunistic), perhaps...

In someways these facilities are more suitable that the usual method of redeveloping and fixing-up vacant hotels.

Thank you...I think...but ease up on the kudos...actually I first read it as meaning an invasion of Ireland. When you mentioned depth I was going to post something dismissive but thought it better to read the original post again first. Then I got it.

I don't remember that, but for some reason I also don't remember, I didn't pay much attention to what was happening in Libya then. I do tend to be dismissive of conspiracy theories in the absence of solid evidence, and I've seen too many quotes taken out of context, over-long YouTube videos that don't do anything like was said on the tin and lots of innuendo presented as incontrovertible fact to be impressed by them, so my default response is an eye-roll, as it would be if you were presenting the first scenario I mentioned. The second is however, more plausible so I'd be less likely to dismiss it out of hand, even if I don't actually believe it.

The thing about conspiracy theories are if you have solid evidence it's no longer known as a conspiracy really is it?

A good example, all the things that are now known about what went on in Northern Ireland would have been thought of back then as the most crazy conspiracy theories known to man.

Conspiracy theory is a silly word though and is used to discredit genuine thoughts of what happened or is happening, the word is associated with UFOs and holocaust denial and things like that whereas a conspiracy theory is basically just any theory that challenges the status quo.

An invasion?
    Certainly not.

Re-filling the quickly emptying old people's homes (many will go out of business if only half-full), with new non-national folks (not exactly invasive, but economically opportunistic), perhaps...

In someways these facilities are more suitable that the usual method of redeveloping and fixing-up vacant hotels.

Sorry I don't get what you mean if you can explain differently?

• Advertisement
Advertisement