Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With all this corona virus stuff going on, does anyone smell an invasion?

Options
  • 26-04-2020 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

There's probably an invasion coming along any day now, they can conveniently push the dead children killed by UK and British forces back to the last 5 minutes of news where everyone has already flicked over to the Simpsons once they've heard about the 90 year olds who can barely walk tragically taken by the corona virus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There should be an entrance exam for this site...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Mods, we've got another one over here...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Adam9213

endacl wrote: »

Back to the corona virus death count page for you buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Adam9213 wrote: »
    There's probably an invasion coming along any day now, they can conveniently push the dead children killed by UK and British forces back to the last 5 minutes of news where everyone has already flicked over to the Simpsons once they've heard about the 90 year olds who can barely walk tragically taken by the corona virus.

The Russians? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I've been watching a lot more T.V. since the lock-down has me at home. What bothers me most is all the nudity on display in so many programmes.

It would make lots of folks shake their fist.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot more T.V. since the lock-down has me at home. What bothers me most is all the nudity on display in so many programmes.

Left or right fist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

storker wrote: »
    The Russians? :D
    The Simpsons :eek:

I swear, any time I visit my parents and we watch a movie or something on TV there's always a big dirty 5 minute long sex scene that comes on halfway through, why do they feel the need to put this stuff in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The chances of anything coming from mars...

I'm hoping common sense and logic form an alliance and invade your thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Yurt! wrote: »
    Mods, we've got another one over here...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

What you on? and where can i get some as i'm fed up locked up.
    Was that your bag of stuff they found in the ditch?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I swear, any time I visit my parents and we watch a movie or something on TV there's always a big dirty 5 minute long sex scene that comes on halfway through, why do they feel the need to put this stuff in there?

Are you afraid that it’s putting unreal “expectations” on any, potential, paramour of yours?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

To give your parents ideas for the bedroom when you go home to your own house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

endacl wrote: »

Best post eva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I don't know. It's fecking disgraceful,if you ask me. Erm,just so I can avoid such an awkward situation myself,can you let me know the name of these programmes?

I'm hoping common sense and logic form an alliance and invade your thoughts

You know this post is half a joke and half actually memories of mine from recent conflicts, if you think more deeply into what I said and you have the knowledge you will see some form of truth in what I just said.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭10fathoms

The men in the white coats will be along to see you soon OP. Just get in the van, don't struggle.

I don't know. It's fecking disgraceful,if you ask me. Erm,just so I can avoid such an awkward situation myself,can you let me know the name of these programmes?

I'm probably out of touch with the average human being of today's world, but I don't get any kicks out of seeing "raunchy sex scenes" when I'm trying to watch a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I was chatting to a friend on the phone and from that call, her neighbour thinks the virus is not real and its a push for a global government.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Getting a whiff of

Well... it was kind of a joke with some philosophical thought about conflict in general but I was wrong for thinking boards.ie users would actually think deeper into a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yes in fact I have as assembled a Dad's Army regiment at Dingle to keep an eye out. I'm only person here but expect others to join me shortly. Good luck to all Irishmen.

Getting a whiff of

Well... it was kind of a joke with some philosophical thought about conflict in general but I was wrong for thinking boards.ie users would actually think deeper into a statement.

Your right I don't think deeper into someone talking sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just to add to this tin foil hat conspiracy there is an interesting article in the Sunday Times today stating that Chinese Naval forces are pushing and nudging further into other countries territories.

Taiwan, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam to name a few. To date they've got involved in indirect actions with coastguard vessels and fishing boats of the above nations.

The Yanks unfortunately are tied up elsewhere however with other problems ie, the crews of their two carriers Reagan and Roosevelt being both laid up with Covid 19.

Coincidentally, one of the Chinese destroyers leading these incursions is called 'Wuhan'.

You heard it here first folks.
    The op is right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

By whom? On whom? The Russians have enough money to sustain a campaign, anywhere, for about 7 minutes. How can the Chinese suppose to rebuild their economy without Western purchasing power?

Your right I don't think deeper into someone talking sh1te.

Remember when the Libyan conflict was going on? I remember sitting watching the 6 o clock news can't remember if it was BBC or channel 4 or what on how Gaddafi has a sex dungeon where he keeps dozens of underage girls for "sexual torture" that was the headline of the news and how it started off, "new information has come through" coincidentally or not that was a bad day for UK forces because one of their air strikes went wrong and killed a bunch of civilians, for whatever reason they couldn't cover up this bombing so they were going to have to report it one way or another and it was reported in a way convenient way.

Now I don't take offence to your statement because I'm sure you didn't think deeper about any of that when it was happening.

The Gaddafi thing was all lies it was discovered after the conflict by the way, it was headline news though for about a week all over the papers and news front page.

Remember when the Libyan conflict was going on? I remember sitting watching the 6 o clock news can't remember if it was BBC or channel 4 or what on how Gaddafi has a sex dungeon where he keeps dozens of underage girls for "sexual torture" that was the headline of the news and how it started off, "new information has come through" coincidentally or not that was a bad day for UK forces because one of their air strikes went wrong and killed a bunch of civilians, for whatever reason they couldn't cover up this bombing so they were going to have to report it one way or another and it was reported in a way convenient way.

Now I don't take offence to your statement because I'm sure you didn't think deeper about any of that when it was happening.

The Gaddafi thing was all lies it was discovered after the conflict by the way, it was headline news though for about a week all over the papers and news front page.

Now my post was a joke, with some meaning to it, read this post and you might grasp some understanding on what wasn't a joke about my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭mulbot

Maybe slightly off topic but a good documentary regarding the power of media etc is one called"the century of the self"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

You mean when your supposed to be watching cartoon network, when you flick over to adult stations you're parents can hear?

Advertisement