Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Boards.ie had any positives/negatives for you?

Options
2»

Comments

Any other boardies that you've that are sound auld skins hmmm ?

:-P

Hmm I'd have to think now.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oh and @Makikomi, I too have met JupiterKid and can attest to what you say. He is a sound auld skin :)

Yea he's a cool guy. I had him down for a walk around where I'm based but unfortunately we were hit with a monsoon and he didn't get a proper look around.

We'll do it again no doubt but right now because of Covid civilians aren't allowed enter, and tbh we are very busy and the atmosphere isn't very good atm either, moral is very good but there's a reminder everywhere that we're looking towards defeating C19.

I know the infamous Degsy well but I can't remember if I knew him before boards.ie or through it, if anyone remembers Degsy he's a mad bastard on and off boards. Good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Boards has definitely helped me acquire a more balanced outlook when it comes to a lot of topics. I love opening threads where you’re certain your mind has been made up before you even read the op, only to have it changed, or at least your perspective changed from reading various inputs by people from all walks of life. I like having my mind changed or my eyes opened to something, it’s important and it’s healthy and I definitely think the layout of boards and the way people can sometimes argue their side so well has helped me on that front. I try and carry that principle into real life when I’m presented with something, or when someone says something that I think is off the wall. There’s a lot of craic to be had too, if not stifled in recent times. But as long as the good people are still here then there’s craic to be had.

Negatives, ah.. I met one or two weirdos along the way and but sure we won’t talk about that. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

boards is a great website

Postives:

information on a whole load of subjects
    people here are nice and have become friends with a few people
    distraction away from real life

The only negative is that I spend too time here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Most people are nice. Positive

Some people are crazy or at least cannot be civil. Negative.

People correct my grammar. Negative.

I tell them to shut up. Positive ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

So I'm a re-reg. I deleted my account over 5 years ago.

Positives, Boards help me put my self out there, I never was that out going or comfortable in my skin. I remember going to an AH beers, it was the truthfully a brilliant night out meet some wonderful people and some people who are still in my life. We chat from time to time. But ultimately boards taught me if you put your self out there people will most of the time embrace you.

Being a dyslexic it's helped improve my spelling and grammar. Sadly not my punctuation that still sucks. But hey, small steps.

I can find the place slightly overwhelming but ultimately there are plenty of good people on here, with life experience's and opinions you can take in and evolve your' own. And After Hours always has a thread you can giggle away too :D

Made one or two decent mates years ago under different a/c,

one in particular who was unreal help during rough time in my life and helped massively during this virus aswell with lil things stressing me....and i cannot ever thank them enough

Negatives: im not sort to focus on these in any aspect of my life,but at a stretch most folks used be mates with rarely post anymore

and the humour about,isnt my type (but thats no flaw of anyone,just different type humour on my part)but fcuk it,live and let live imho

I’m here longer than most but haven’t dived into it like some have. I enjoy the soccer thread, and AH is a great laugh sometimes. There are some great and conscientious posters here. Wibbs, Klaz, Raconteuse and some others are wise, and wear it lightly.

Other more ‘serious’ forums sometimes feel like platforms for nearly-men (or women) i.e., frustrated pseudo-academics, economists etc that haven’t quite managed to make a living out of their knowledge. I feel like there’s a better version somewhere else of what I’m reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Most people are nice. Positive

Some people are crazy or at least cannot be civil. Negative.

People correct my grammar. Negative.

I tell them to shut up. Positive ! :)

Depends on what we prefer.
    Some nice people what you want to hear.
    Most crazy people say what they think, is that bad?
    Your grammer is waunderful...

There are some great and conscientious posters here. Wibbs, Klaz, Raconteuse and some others are wise, and wear it lightly.

Cheers! Hot pot and beers on me if you're ever in Xi'an. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It took me making an ass of myself to realise what boards is to me.
    It's the Anti-Social media I've craved. I can rock up and be an anonymous prick or be ( usually I hope) an anonymous poster giving my 2 cents in a constructive way and helping out.
    No photos,no having to 'like' posts.
    If it wasn't full of pricks I'd be on all day :)

Positive by and large, unless a moderator takes a certain shine to you. I'd sooner walk on hot coals than egg shells. The irreverence of AH is a beacon these stifled days, feel an almost fraternal bond with posters thriving on black humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭corks finest

Mostly vv positive, great help at times ref advice for DIY/ car / tech etc, I missed it big time last week

Advertisement