Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 15.6'' Ryzen AMD 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz 256Gb SSD - €490

Options

Comments

anyone else just arrived in germany!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

anyone else just arrived in germany!

Left Germany last night and arrived in parcel motel Antrim this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

glog wrote: »
    Has anyone seen their Expected Ship date change for the better - i.e sooner?
    Mine isn't due to ship until the 31st May - ordered off UK site, originally with metal palm rest.

Meanwhile, my ship date has been pushed out from 31st May to 30th June :mad:

Originally.metal palm rest, reconfigured to ABS +£10 refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

glog wrote: »
    Meanwhile, my ship date has been pushed out from 31st May to 30th June :mad:

Originally.metal palm rest, reconfigured to ABS +£10 refund.

Did you get the refund yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

Did you get the refund yet?

No - but then the original payment hasn't come off my card yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭dodzy

Mine hit parcelmotel in NI at midday according to UPS tracker. Should get notification later today and tomorrow to Dublin at best, but they’ve been running late with locker drops lately. Even yesterday, they had the tour bus doing bulk drop off and collections in Dublin 15.

mine was in dublin this morning and wont be here til friday

the apt no didnt transfer from lenovo order to ups label, which is the second time this week with the same two companies

now thats either a problem and they would do well to look at it, or its not a big deal and shouldnt delay a ****in order by two days.

unimpressed, a long time waiting for this thing at this stage and still messing going on

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Mine arrived in Germany about an hour ago, surprisingly didn't visit anymore Asian destinations after leaving Korea. So hopefully will have it on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭chrisd2019

Mine visited Germany last night and arrived in Dublin this morning, still has sometime Friday as my delivery date.
    Not going to open the celibratory drink yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Mine arrived in Germany about an hour ago, surprisingly didn't visit anymore Asian destinations after leaving Korea. So hopefully will have it on Monday.

Should be here overnight and if you're in Dublin you could have it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Mine had been saying Friday but thanks to an extended stay in Shanghai UPS rescheduled that to Tuesday. Just when you think the games are over with Lenovo, UPS carry the baton for a bit!

dos29 wrote: »
    Mine had been saying Friday but thanks to an extended stay in Shanghai UPS rescheduled that to Tuesday. Just when you think the games are over with Lenovo, UPS carry the baton for a bit!

Yup same as, Shanghai stoppoff, ridiculous delivery time, UPS are a farce

Nearly there lads, it'll have been all worth it in the next few days :)

Still in Shanghai and now UPS have pushed delivery out to Thursday. Serious bad taste gonna be left with this laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Still in Shanghai and now UPS have pushed delivery out to Thursday. Serious bad taste gonna be left with this laptop.

You're getting a laptop worth probably somewhere between 700-800 euro for about 500 and you're whinging about a few days delay?
    It's a pandemic out there. Supply chains are bunged up. Lots of suppliers have no stock of anything and many of the ones that do are charging a premium and/or reporting long delivery times.
    Have some perspective. This is a great deal. Enjoy tracking it on its world tour. Once it comes, you'll have forgotten about this phase.

Mine too, i'd say ours are travelling together.

You're getting a laptop worth probably somewhere between 700-800 euro for about 500 and you're whinging about a few days delay?
    It's a pandemic out there. Supply chains are bunged up. Lots of suppliers have no stock of anything and many of the ones that do are charging a premium and/or reporting long delivery times.
    Have some perspective. This is a great deal. Enjoy tracking it on its world tour. Once it comes, you'll have forgotten about this phase.

You have a point, Amazon for instance is take up to 2 weeks to get delivery to Ireland even being a prime member, but saying that everyone is entitled to an old rant or moan it cleanses the soul.. SERENITY NOW!!

The eagle has landed. Parcel motel this morning on way home from night shift. I’ll open it later :)

FWIW, order placed on 23/04, just so others can gauge progress. Not the 14” with metal palmrest either.

I wouldn't personally consider 2 small comments "whinging", have a look at the HUKD threads if you want to see real whinging, but whatever.
    If I've read your posts on this right, you have yours already?
    I'm fully aware of what a good deal I've got, and I'm not even in immediate need for the laptop, but it's only human to feel disappointed when built up for one thing, and then get knock after knock after knock.
    -Place order for metal palmrest with 2-3 weeks fulfillment.
    -Get no notification whatsoever for 4 weeks, then released to manufacture.
    -Get email stating no metal, you can have plastic and tenner discount.
    -Order ships, money taken, no tenner discount.
    -Given a date by UPS, it for it to change twice while the laptop sits in Shanghai having cleared customs.
    Those are just the highlights.

It's not the end of my or anyone elses world, but like I said, just giving a bad aftertaste.....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xDerp

Mine is sitting in a ups depot in Dublin since yesterday morning. Was following the flight over (ups11 from Korea to cologne if anyone is interested in stalking their package!) They seem to get the cologne to Dublin the following morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

xDerp wrote: »
    Mine is sitting in a ups depot in Dublin since yesterday morning. Was following the flight over (ups11 from Korea to cologne if anyone is interested in stalking their package!) They seem to get the cologne to Dublin the following morning.

Ya mine arrived in Dublin last night. Which is a huge relief. UPS say delivery by 9pm strangely. But I'm just relieved it's in the correct country

I ordered the 14" (with metal palmrest) on 20/4. Finally shipped on 22/5. Has been stuck in Shanghai since 26/5 and hasn't had any ETA for delivery since.

I saved €150 on the laptop, but I wouldn't have ordered if I knew delivery was going to take over 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I ordered the 14" (with metal palmrest) on 20/4. Finally shipped on 22/5. Has been stuck in Shanghai since 26/5 and hasn't had any ETA for delivery since.

I saved €150 on the laptop, but I wouldn't have ordered if I knew delivery was going to take over 6 weeks.

You could have always cancelled the order once the delivery was delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xDerp

Just got mine there :D

coldfire1x wrote: »
    You could have always cancelled the order once the delivery was delayed.

To be fair, there's an element of personal investment with this whole thing. Once you've given any time to it, you'd be reluctant to cancel for the sake of a bit more, and that's been a bit of a circular thing with these Lenovo orders.
    Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

To be fair, there's an element of personal investment with this whole thing. Once you've given any time to it, you'd be reluctant to cancel for the sake of a bit more, and that's been a bit of a circular thing with these Lenovo orders.
    Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Jaysus, all that's happened is there's been a delay with a product you've ordered, won't be first nor the last time that will happen to the majority of us this year in particular.

Jaysus, all that's happened is there's been a delay with a product you've ordered, won't be first nor the last time that will happen to the majority of us this year in particular.

I wasn't trying to say it's a life changing event, you've isolated a small part of what I was saying, I was more trying to suggest the part "Once you've given any time to it, you'd be reluctant to cancel for the sake of a bit more". I thought the previous comment of "You could've cancelled" was a bit unnecessarily dismissive.

I wasn't trying to say it's a life changing event, you've isolated a small part of what I was saying, I was more trying to suggest the part "Once you've given any time to it, you'd be reluctant to cancel for the sake of a bit more". I thought the previous comment of "You could've cancelled" was a bit unnecessarily dismissive.

And I never said that was what you said. You said there was personal investment, and there is as much personal investment in it as there is any online order that has been delayed for anyone in the past, i.e. next to none.

There's been a delay with Lenovo in the manufacturing of the product due to shortage of staff and there's been a delay with UPS due to the large influx of online orders. I get it, it's annoying. But all you can do is have patience and just be happy that, giving that current circumstances, one of the more annoying things that is happening to you right now is simply a delay in a delivery and not something more dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

"Unnecessarily dismissive" - Not really. I was just wondering why he didnt cancel. Its not like once you order you are stuck with it. Clearly he wouldn't have ordered if he knew the delivery times. Once it was delayed, what stopped him cancelling the order? If I need something urgently I will cancel and try to get from somewhere else. I cancelled an Amazon order only last week since the product due to arrive in stock got delayed by another few weeks.

Everyone is trying to do their best given the current circumstances. All the deliveries are a bit slow, Lenovo are dependent on their suppliers as well. It's not like they get some pleasure delaying orders. Supply chain is screwed the world over.

Any other time, I have no issue. Do give out as much as you want.

The fact is, its a good deal, so he didnt cancel. No point in saying for the sake of €150.......

• Advertisement

Maybe I misinterpreted that comment, and maybe what I'm trying to say isn't getting across in text fully, but it seemed to me like there was a bit of snapping at anyone venting in the slightest at whats understandably a slightly frustrating situation.
    I absolutely understand that things aren't under normal circumstances at the moment to say the very least! I'm fully aware that things beyond the control of Lenovo and UPS are impacting them, and I'm not blaming them!
    But... it's still a very human reaction to be slightly frustrated/disappointed when you are told that what you were expecting to happen, will take longer, and that can then gets kicked down the road a few more times.
    I won't drag this any further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement