Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young women partnering with much older men

Options
  • 18-04-2020 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Why do young women partner with much older men who are wealthy ! Would these same women be interested if the man didn't have so much money ! Its like they have given up on life and are prepared to be chosen one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Stop you if I’ve heard it before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Why do young women partner with much older men who are wealthy ! Would these same women be interested if the man didn't have so much money ! Its like they have given up on life and are prepared to be chosen one.

What young women? I don't know any who have.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I know one woman who's 15 or 16 years younger than her bloke and she's the one with the few bob. People fall for who they fall for.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Any cougars on here looking for action

It's a disgrace Joe. I peered through the curtain and there they were a courting in the middle of the footpath. And I a devout Catholic, they won't get away it. Look at my neighbour Mary Jo, there she is nodding in agreement. No word of a lie Joe, I never broke a commandment. A good convent girl she is, did you hear about the church in Kilreekil? Wait until I tell you. We went there once in 1957, the weather was lovely if I recall. Wasn't a sinner to be found, they should bring them days back. Joe, are you still there? Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I know quite a few who have. It’s almost always the money that attracted them, bar few sad cases that are just gob****es.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

It's nice to know that getting a young wan is a possibility in later life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

My better half is a lot younger than me. Seems to work out fine for us. That said, I do my best to stay in shape. Still competing in the gym with guys much younger than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

City girls just seem to find out early
    How to open doors with just a smile
    A rich old man and she won't have to worry
    She'll dress up all in lace and go in style

Late at night a big old house gets lonely
    I guess every form of refuge has its price
    And it breaks her heart to think her love is only
    Given to a man with hands as cold as ice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

I like that, where is it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Eagles. "Lyin' Eyes"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The Eagles 'Lying Eyes'

You're obviously a youngster. Have you got a girlfriend? Gave you ever thought about the benefits of dating an older woman? ( asking for a friend who's doing research )

It's Lying Eyes by The Eagles.

I do and she is younger than me, it has given me food for thought.

Was with a lot of older (including fifty year old woman) in my twenties. I've inverted my tastes since turning thirty

Sardonicat, you've snipered your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 singmeasongy

"In this country,first you get the money, then you get the power,THEN you get the woman."

I dont have much money thats why im stuck trying to hit on Doris from Tinder.

“So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?”

Some men chase money too, but it's not a recipe for happiness for either partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,681 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Why do young women partner with much older men who are wealthy! Would these same women be interested if the man didn't have so much money ! Its like they have given up on life and are prepared to be chosen one.

“So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?” :D

It’s not their age, it’s their wealth, and they haven’t given up on life at all, but rather they recognise that wealth allows them a quality of life they wouldn’t have without it. Wealthy men too recognise that without their wealth they wouldn’t attract the quality of female companionship they do without it.

Your question is a bit like asking would men be attracted to women who are beautiful if they weren’t beautiful? I would suggest of course not, and it’s silly to think anyone should be ashamed of that fact.

EDIT: Dammit Leg End you got in there before me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

My better half is a lot younger than me. Seems to work out fine for us. That said, I do my best to stay in shape. Still competing in the gym with guys much younger than me.

Certainly not with you for your personality judging by what you post on here 🀪 keep that gym work up and the cash rolling in 🀑

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I would say in nearly every case the man will be wealty and can wine and dine plus lavish some nice presents on his girlfriend .Life style is a big thing for many even for a certain time in the young wans life .They would not give a poorer fellow a look at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Successful people are always more attractive to poor losers who can barely provide for themselves nevermind anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Why do young women partner with much older men....
    ....who are wealthy !
    Is the correct answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Each to their own and there can be love in those relationships. But if you're starting out a relationship for aesthetic reasons, the lady obtaining wealth to now obtain a materialistic lifestyle and the older man getting a young good looking woman, than it is starting off on the wrong foot.

That's a relationship based on vanity and seeing relationships as a means to an end is a bit bleak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

One one hand you have to feel sorry for Bernie Ecclestone's (89) wife (of child bearing age).
    Getting poked by such a very old chap can't be very pleasent for anyone.

On the other hand, she hasn't long to wait for access to a share of billions, once his child is born, and she has some defacto type claim to some of his wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Certainly not with you for your personality judging by what you post on here 🀪 keep that gym work up and the cash rolling in 🀑

And you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

“So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?”

They actually had a perfectly happy marriage. I saw her on a program about a pilgrimage - and she was clearly still upset at his death.
    Some men chase money too, but it's not a recipe for happiness for either partner.

As to why women like older men, or richer men, because sometimes they do. Its not all fake, it makes sense that women are attracted to men with status or money, as historically thats going to get you financial stability and your children have a better chance of surviving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭pgj2015

:confused: what? how? what are you competing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

lawred2 wrote: »
    Successful people are always more attractive to poor losers who can barely provide for themselves nevermind anyone else.
    Successful people also want other successful people.

I worked with college students that wouldn't dream of going out with a waiter/barman unless they (the lads) were doing it for pocket money in uni. They wanted men with prospects.

• Advertisement

FVP3 wrote: »
    They actually had a perfectly happy marriage. I saw her on a program about a pilgrimage - and she was clearly still upset at his death.

As to why women like older men, or richer men, because sometimes they do. Its not all fake, it makes sense that women are attracted to men with status or money, as historically thats going to get you financial stability and your children have a better chance of surviving.

I know they were happily married, but it was an amusing question and relevant to the thread.

Relationships with a significant difference in age and financial status can indeed be genuine, but there are gold diggers in both genders. I'm sure this is obvious to the wealthy partner so up to them to continue or walk away.

Advertisement