Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Video] Northern Irish anti-terrorism ad 1993

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

When they stop singing songs about and glorifying a group that blew up innocent people, shot people dead based on their religion, and murdered members of the Gardaí. When they start to call the Republic by its proper title. When they stop putting forward psychopaths like Dessie Ellis to run for the Dáil.

Northern Ireland is an economic, social and political basket case. Anything that goes on up there is due to circumstances.

sf call the republic by it's proper title.
    people will not stop singing songs that celebrate where the irish state came from and how it came into being.
    Dessie did his time and is entitled to run the same as anyone else.
    northern ireland's issues are down to partition, simple as, + britain keeping it's eye off the ball and leaving it to rot before the whole lot boiled over, which it was always going to do thanks to partition.
    Randomers on social-media are your primary consideration when considering who to vote for?

It certainly makes a mockery of those who believe SF are party for weak-minded fools.

the people who believe sf is a party for weak minded fools are the ones making a mockery of themselves, at their own hands, especially since the election result.
    i have no doubt sf will be in government eventually, it's only a matter of time and when, not if.

oh the times they are a changing.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Ok, so you don’t believe in democracy.

What’s your alternative ?

Just ignore the electorate that you disagree with ?

No. Don’t incorporate unionists into our country. It’s not all that long since we forced them out.

banie01 wrote: »
    Attitudes like this will ensure they will never feel like they can be.

So much for parity of esteem...

They have their country though and more power to them. They have no place in ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

They have their country though and more power to them. They have no place in ours.

You are no better then the worst of the sectarians in the north on either side.

We need to leave people like you behind and SF will be part of that process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Greyfox wrote: »
    As it happens it's because of people like you that I'm going to vote for SF in future, I think the SF bashing club on boards are are bunch of clowns. It's the SF bashers that are living in the past and endlessly waffling about stuff that's not relevant to our economy.

Really, you're going to use your democratic right to vote to vote for a party just because other people don't like them???

And why is it you see only the SF bashing? Are you oblivious to the constant FG, FF, Labour, Greens bashing (going on a lot longer than SF bashing)? I would say boards (as a whole) hates all the political parties equally ;))

For your sake, I urge you to relax, clear your mind, then sit down and have a big think about the logic here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement