Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stroller recommendation

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

We would really love to buy a brand new for our first baby and possibly use the same stroller for 2nd baby in future. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Cakerbaker wrote: »
    You should definitely get one second hand for that. If you want to use it as a double in the future I would suggest trying to get one that has the extra rumble seat (speaking of uppababy here) or else make sure that any extras you might need when using it as a double (mainly adapters and the rumble seat) will be available for the model you’re buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

All for the city mini and for that price you could go half and half like get the buggy new and all else second.. But youll have to decide.. Try Tralee Nursery Supplies, they do the uppababy but no prices.. We found them very good in fairness and they do payplans all that goes.. We set away most of what we wanted and paid it off bit by bit.. Just ask them straight out no need for phaffing about with them they will tell you straight..

We arent based in Tralee where they are, were up west and had no problems with delivery and all that goes.

We like this very much and it's suitable from birth until 15 kg.
    Any disadvantages for this one?
    I understand it has car seat adaptor, so we will just need to get car seat separately.

https://www.mothercare.ie/mothercare-journey-edit-pram-pushchair-midnight.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyur0BRDcARIsAEt86IBlDEHSKdHZcBIerMEnlZOBSaEYMjlnV4lyEU1whZakSuK2mrtid3QaAq2oEALw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We would really love to buy a brand new for our first baby and possibly use the same stroller for 2nd baby in future. Thanks for the suggestion.

Look at the city mini, city mini gt and out n about nipper.

That uppababy jlm posted looks good too. Bugaboo have the “bee” but not sure if the wheels suit you?

The yo-yo is probably more expensive? Again not sure about the wheels.

If you buy any of the above you won’t need to buy the umbrella stroller that most people end up buying because they don’t want to bring their travel system in the car when the baby gets bigger.

In relation to the double....cross that bridge when it comes to it. I would buy a side by side double if I needed. I find the ones you convert much heavier to push.

My friend had a baby jogger city select....I don’t even know can you still buy them? Anyway she converted it just with her maxi cosi car seat when needed because the extra seat was €200+. She used a buggy board too.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

You would really need to take it for a spin if you can and see how it handles. Also how easily it folds and how heavy it is to lift. These things are really important as nothing worse than pushing a buggy that doesn't handle well.
    If you can't see it in person then read a lot of reviews.
    You could get a new out n about nipper for your budget. Don't get hung up on future proofing with a buggy that can double up. We doubled up the uppababy and wasn't a fan of it as a double. Clunky for kerbs and very big. Bought a second hand out n about and never looked back.

quote="masterboy123;113198503"]We like this very much and it's suitable from birth until 15 kg.
    I understand it has car seat adaptor, so we will just need to get car seat separately.

https://www.mothercare.ie/mothercare-journey-edit-pram-pushchair-midnight.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyur0BRDcARIsAEt86IBlDEHSKdHZcBIerMEnlZOBSaEYMjlnV4lyEU1whZakSuK2mrtid3QaAq2oEALw_wcB[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

annoyedgal wrote: »
    You would really need to take it for a spin if you can and see how it handles. Also how easily it folds and how heavy it is to lift. These things are really important as nothing worse than pushing a buggy that doesn't handle well.
    If you can't see it in person then read a lot of reviews.
    You could get a new out n about nipper for your budget. Don't get hung up on future proofing with a buggy that can double up. We doubled up the uppababy and wasn't a fan of it as a double. Clunky for kerbs and very big.

Thanks for this advice!! I’m currently debating uppababy versus out and about double and leaning towards the out and about as everyone says it’s a dream to handle. Did you ever use the newborn insert in it? I’d be using it from birth with my 2 year old in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

I didn't use the insert as bought it when my youngest was around 2 or 3 months so just reclined her flat and she was fine.
    Due no 3 so I'll be gettingthe insert this time. My four and a half year old eldest still loves going for a long walk in it and has lots of space and is very comfortable so it's really so versatile.
    I would really recommend it over the uppbaby as a double.
    No issue taking it on buses or the dart either.

quote="Cameoette;113200142"]Thanks for this advice!! I’m currently debating uppababy versus out and about double and leaning towards the out and about as everyone says it’s a dream to handle. Did you ever use the newborn insert in it? I’d be using it from birth with my 2 year old in it too.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Cameoette wrote: »
    Thanks for this advice!! I’m currently debating uppababy versus out and about double and leaning towards the out and about as everyone says it’s a dream to handle. Did you ever use the newborn insert in it? I’d be using it from birth with my 2 year old in it too.

I love my out n about! Never bought the carrycot, just got a head hugger for when mine were newborns, and used it world facing.
    I can push mine one handed across the football pitch with a 4 and 2 yr old in it, while carrying the baby!

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We like this very much and it's suitable from birth until 15 kg.

https://www.mothercare.ie/mothercare-journey-edit-pram-pushchair-midnight.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyur0BRDcARIsAEt86IBlDEHSKdHZcBIerMEnlZOBSaEYMjlnV4lyEU1whZakSuK2mrtid3QaAq2oEALw_wcB

I've never seen this buggy before but it's basically a blatant rip off of the Uppababy Vista. :D

Uppababy Vista is out of our budget and don't want a second hand buggy.
    A friend msged me about this buggy and it comes with isofix, car seats, etc.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/pushchairs-and-strollers/travel-systems/ickle-bubba-stomp-v3-all-in-one-isofix-travel-system-car-seat-and-base/p/184292

Do you think it's a rip off also?
    awec wrote: »
    I've never seen this buggy before but it's basically a blatant rip off of the Uppababy Vista. :D

• Advertisement

Uppababy Vista is out of our budget and don't want a second hand buggy.
    A friend msged me about this buggy and it comes with isofix, car seats, etc.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/pushchairs-and-strollers/travel-systems/ickle-bubba-stomp-v3-all-in-one-isofix-travel-system-car-seat-and-base/p/184292

Do you think it's a rip off also?

The buggy part of this is suitable up until 22kg, I think the other one you linked was 15kg, so this one might last longer. Hopefully the shops will open soon to let you go and look at them in real life. You need to push them, fold them, lift them etc to see what they’re like. They’ll always look great on the website pictures, but sometimes not as good in real life

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've an Out n About Nipper single and double. My kids are 4 and 2 now, but they had a 22 month gap, so we've gotten tons of use out of both. I've found them great tbh. Double is starting to feel heavy at this stage, but the 4 year old passed the seat weight limit a long time ago (he's in 5-6 clothes because he's very tall).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Go for the 22kg one if you can.

My monster toddler is not 2 yet and weighs 16kg.It shouldn't be a problem for most babies but he started off heavy.I was looking at that Minu you linked jlm.....I really like it if we were to go to something lighter (he is the last baby!!) but he would be too heavy for it and we need a buggy for a while yet.

shesty wrote: »
    Go for the 22kg one if you can.

My monster toddler is not 2 yet and weighs 16kg.It shouldn't be a problem for most babies but he started off heavy.I was looking at that Minu you linked jlm.....I really like it if we were to go to something lighter (he is the last baby!!) but he would be too heavy for it and we need a buggy for a while yet.

I never even checked the weight on it before I bought it actually. My two yr old is tall and heavy too, and he’s fine in it and it’s really easy to push one handed with him in it. So I suppose weight limits are just what they’ve tested it to, not necessarily a be all! It’s the best little buggy ever. I always said that when I needed only a single buggy I’d sell my double out n about and my travel system and buy a single out n about as my final buggy, but I don’t think I’ll need to do that now. I only bought it because when I’m using the boot seats of my seven seater, my boot is teeny tiny, so I can only fit my double buggy. It’s handy to have a single in the car for quick school pick ups etc, so I can fit the minu in the footwell of the car at my 4 y.o’s feet!

In terms of body weight I have found a cheaper one and holds upto 22kg. Love the red colour. Any thoughts on this?

https://infababy.com/travel-systems/moto-travel-systems/Infababy-MOTO-3-In-1-I-SIZE-Travel-System-Chili

P. S. Uppababy, iCandy and Bugaboo are out of our budget. And not happy to get a second hand.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

In terms of body weight I have found a cheaper one and holds upto 22kg. Love the red colour. Any thoughts on this?

https://infababy.com/travel-systems/moto-travel-systems/Infababy-MOTO-3-In-1-I-SIZE-Travel-System-Chili

P. S. Uppababy, iCandy and Bugaboo are out of our budget. And not happy to get a second hand.

I looked at at few of the reviews on that one and several people mentioned that the seat seems to run a bit small, so I'd be mindful of that. Your child might not hit the weight limit, but if they're tall for their age they could out grow it. My daughter is 2 and way taller than my son was at that age - I have an lightweight stroller that I used for travelling with my son until he was 3, and she's already too tall for it.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to go for the one you linked from Smyths. Or something like this: https://tonykealys.com/prams-pushchairs/pushchairs/joie-versatrax-deep-sea.html

edit: or this one comes with a car set and carrycot https://tonykealys.com/prams-pushchairs/travel-systems/joie-chrome-dlx-3in1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

I have this system its was brilliant for the price very good quality but it does run small but my LO is a very big boy for his age so that could be a factor wearing 3 to 4 clothes and only just turned 2.

I would recommend it everyone who saw it couldnt believe the price when I told them as the quality was so good. My brother and his wife were sorry they purchased the uppa baby when they saw our system

Glad to know this.

Do you mind me asking how much does your baby weigh? As some people told me this Infababy is not suitable above 15 kg.

Thank you

Eireog1 wrote: »
    I have this system its was brilliant for the price very good quality but it does run small but my LO is a very big boy for his age so that could be a factor wearing 3 to 4 clothes and only just turned 2.

I would recommend it everyone who saw it couldnt believe the price when I told them as the quality was so good. My brother and his wife were sorry they purchased the uppa baby when they saw our system

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Masterboy 123 I don't know what he weighs but he is a heavy lad 15Kg is normally up to about 2.5 year old so they wont want to be in it after that anyway. My lad the weight is fine but he is too tall for it now but he doesnt go into any buggy now anyway as he will walk most place. I bought another light weight stroller for taking on a plane when we are going on holidays so if we need to have him in a stroller we put him in that but honestly that hasnt been used in a few months either.

I would recommend it honestly I love mine and it is still perfect and I'll be using with with number 2 in september. I have just ordered the buggy board for toddler to stand on in case I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Honestly, I think your budget is unrealistic for a good brand new travel system.
    Ours was on the lower ends, price-wise and it still didn't include the car seat. We got the Venicci 3-in-1 (name the same as what you're looking for) for 660 about 3 years ago but we didn't include the car seat.

https://eurobaby.com/venicci-pushchair-soft-edition-3-in-1-travel-system-denim-grey/?gclid=CjwKCAjwkPX0BRBKEiwA7THxiF4dwltaad-dz-sBZRnlO8ambXiS9_RGHwCD-q3lKl5WXtbaHCCLhhoCyucQAvD_BwE

I really liked the air pumped tires, was great for walks, on grass and even hard sand. It maneuver really well and actually looks a lot like the link you posted. I found it easy to fold and less heavy to lift than many other bases. It doesn't convert to a double unfortunately. It's going strong for baby 2 now.

A safe car seat was very important to us, so we got the safest rated one at the time. It was the Ricaro Privia and isofix base. The base does actually make it safer than strapping it in with the seat belt, plus belting it is a pain in the a$$. There's safer seats since then though and having tried a friend's Bsafe izi go modular, ours is a lot harder to detach from the base. So it's worth trying them out of you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Similar pricE on euro baby and baby accessories.ie, though eurobaby don’t seem to do the carrycot.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

kandr10 wrote: »
    Similar pricE on euro baby and baby accessories.ie, though eurobaby don’t seem to do the carrycot.

It's €399 on baby accessories & €395 on Eurobaby? Big difference

Advertisement