Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA 'top of the world'' by the carpenters is playing on a constant loop in my head for the past day or so.

....but the very fact that song is playing in your head means that you're in a great mood - that's how it got in there. Or is that just with me. :D

My TA is that I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows I'm miserable now.
    Well, not miserable, but I'll miss having time off next week, to browse boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

If a group of people are together in the coffee queue why can't people order together and pay seperate afterwards?? Instead of making the barista going through individual process for each member of the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

There's a fella in our college whatsapp group.
    He is always the first to enter a discussion with advice but he is always wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Man came to fix the burner. Lovely heat. :)
    TA is he just threw his , several pairs, of disposable gloves on the ground outside. F sake man. Just throw then into your van a put them in a bin later !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The lotto syndicate moocher

Always the last to step forward

Even we started a rotation system to make it clear they still “forgot”

I am sure if we ever won they wouldn’t be shy about coming forward !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Had an anxiety dream last night where I was wandering around either my local town or places I have visited before absolutely bursting to go toilet. In the dream, I would arrive at a hotel I recognise but the toilet might be occupied or I wouldn't be allowed into the hotel in the first place. Another time I would get caught talking to someone, or I might go to another toilet and its filthy from a previous user. Could get caught up in a car-crash at stages too. Wild

Woke up in a panic, to discover that I really did have to "use the facilities" in real life. I suppose I am lucky I woke up when I did lest I shat the bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Due to a recent update, your browser no longer supports this station. Click on the icon below to keep listening with our new TuneIn popout player! Learn more about the update here.
    hmmph!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

McDonald’s putting the book option, instead of the toy, in the Happy Meal box when you get ‘Drive Thru’.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Feeling fluey and sorry for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There's a woman at work and every Friday morning without fail she says "happy fridays guys" really loudly. Its very irritating. This morning I heard someone roaring "ah feck off with yourself" back at her, she wasn't impressed and it was amusing

• Registered Users Posts: 40,314 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Crap buffalo wings from Eddie Rockets. They were bone dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

McDonald’s putting the book option, instead of the toy, in the Happy Meal box when you get ‘Drive Thru’.

Aren't you a bit old for Happy Meals, Emmett?

To thine own self be true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The lotto syndicate moocher

Always the last to step forward

Even we started a rotation system to make it clear they still “forgot”

I am sure if we ever won they wouldn’t be shy about coming forward !

Always last to buy a round too....

I have learnt over time it is easier to drop these types. Their meanness seeps through their personalities in the long run and when you eventually realise it, you will struggle to forgive yourself for ever wasting your time with them.

Mean people are naturally mean, they don't even think about it, their meanness is on autopilot.

Earlier today I had a really really busy few hours, both to run a few errands and do a few things at home. So I thought I'd get a KFC drive through as dinner.
    TA is after getting home, did a few things ( a few hours) I saw the KFC on the counter, uneaten, obviously, and now I'm starving.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

How Google chrome on my phone changed the way tabs work, so the tabs now go into a group. I hate it so much

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

PsychoPete wrote: »
    How Google chrome on my phone changed the way tabs work, so the tabs now go into a group. I hate it so much

Android
    To disable the tab grid layout in Google Chrome on Android, you'll first need to navigate to chrome://flags in the browser. Once there, search for “grid” and locate the “Tab Grid Layout” flag. Then, tap on the drop-down menu button and select “Disabled” from the following list.

Desktop
    How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups in Google Chrome
    Open Google Chrome.
    Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter. chrome://flags/#tab-groups.
    Select Default (same as disabled), Enabled, or Disabled in the Tab Groups drop menu for what you want. ( ...
    Click/tap on the Relaunch Now button at the bottom to apply.

My TA is Teams. Again. So slow. So crap. No wonder it's free, and disgusting to think the billion dollar multinational I work for is using it instead of splashing on a decent system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There's a Facebook group I follow for ex pats in the place in Spain my parents are, mostly just to keep the folks up to date with news or whatever. Today there was someone on it giving out shíte because the local supermarket no longer has "good" UK food because of Brexit and "now they have to go to Iceland for anything decent". Apparently it only had "cràp Irish food". So many TAs in one post :D

Listen love, Irish food beats yours hands down. Every. Time. You cant even make a decent sausage. Also, curry pringles aren't food, you voted for Brexit, when in Spain, maybe try to embrace the local (superior) fresh food, and also, Iceland? That's your benchmark? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Antares35 wrote: »
    There's a Facebook group I follow for ex pats in the place in Spain my parents are, mostly just to keep the folks up to date with news or whatever. Today there was someone on it giving out shíte because the local supermarket no longer has "good" UK food because of Brexit and "now they have to go to Iceland for anything decent". Apparently it only had "cràp Irish food". So many TAs in one post :D

Listen love, Irish food beats yours hands down. Every. Time. You cant even make a decent sausage. Also, curry pringles aren't food, you voted for Brexit, when in Spain, maybe try to embrace the local (superior) fresh food, and also, Iceland? That's your benchmark? :D

Britain has lots of decent food too, but you won't find it in Iceland or a motorway cafeteria.

There's a special kind of dope who buys a property in Spain and would rather starve than eat local food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 neutral bystander

Britain has lots of decent food too, but you won't find it in Iceland or a motorway cafeteria.

Those motorway cafes are disgusting. I went for breakfast in one before and they plopped what I think was a watery boiled tinned tomato on top of overcooked beans.

****ing disgusting it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 neutral bystander

Sick of bad service and the way they use those stupid bots online when you want customer service.

First you've to explain the situation to the bot until that understands you and realise it can't help you. Then you finally get onto to an actual person and explain the story again until you realise they can't help you either.

They give you a number to contact someone else from the company. You listen to all the options but none really match your situation so you wait until the very last one to 'speak to an operater.' They put it last on purpose!! I already knew I wanted to speak to a god damn operater at 'press one'. You press 9 or whatever and are put on hold (the reason you went online in the first place was because you already tried that number and were left on hold and noone ****ing answered). Then if you hold on long enough...you've to explain again to that person and there's a good chance they wont be able to help you either because as a general rule - most people are ****ing thick- and then they pass you onto someone else but not before they put you on hold again for another half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There's a special kind of dope who buys a property in Spain and would rather starve than eat local food.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yes, thank you sixth different person to answer my easily solved problem with your service,
    as I said before, the problem is with your returns tag, which will not scan onto your system for repatriation, your colleague said they don't send you tickets from the office and disappeared(thankfully they had it picked up instead after 2 weeks).

But yea, I already feel free to download and print a nonexistent ticket while spending my own money on ink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much for their much talked about free returns!!!!!

Particular ta, three weeks of talking to cs to return an item they got wrong.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

No ta just posting so I can navigate back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ordered a click and collect from Pets At Home because I thought it would be like Tesco Click and Collect. Stay in your car, they bring the thing out, you put it in your car and off you pop. How naive of me. I had to wait around inside the store for someone to go get my order when I could've more easily walked to the shelf and pick it up. I would've been in and out of the shop faster. So what's the point of the click and collect service then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Greyhounds off leads.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Facebook now including (and autoplaying) people's "Stories" in News Feed. Fcuk, off I don't care and don't want to watch them. If I did, I'd have done it when they were at the top of the page.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    There's a woman at work and every Friday morning without fail she says "happy fridays guys" really loudly. Its very irritating. This morning I heard someone roaring "ah feck off with yourself" back at her, she wasn't impressed and it was amusing

Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

The latest trend in advertising is 3 word catchphrases - even though they MAKE NO SENSE.

"let's make possible" - what?? Let's make what possible. Just **** off. And that's the only one I can remember which shows me that they don't work, because they just annoy me but I don't remember them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Man at the self-service checkout at Tesco, letting his young child do all the scanning through etc. because there and then was the perfect time to teach her life-skills she doesn't even need yet. No, no by all means let a queue form behind you there.

Plonker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement