Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I cook lunch and dinner 6 days a week. I'm not doing all those dishes by hand.

There is that alright.... Seems to be a lot of cleaning the dishwasher itself though :D

But then again, I don't have a lot of dishes meself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Porklife wrote: »
    Watching First Dates Abroad and I hate the way Australians called sex a "root". It's horrible and makes it sound like a procedure like a root canal.
    A guy just said to his date 'what's the difference between an egg and a beetroot?' she goes tell me and he says 'you can beat an egg but you cant beat a good root'
    Her face dropped:)
    To be fair it's kinda funny but I don't think he's gonna be getting a root tonight!

Well I never :rolleyes: ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Went to the fridge to get some m&ms, couldn't find them. Checked all the presses, started cursing and blinding then I realised I actually ate them last night. After ruining my Sunday evening now

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Went to the fridge to get some m&ms, couldn't find them. Checked all the presses, started cursing and blinding then I realised I actually ate them last night. After ruining my Sunday evening now

That's actually quite devastating.. :o

Characters in horror movies going into the basement. Just say goodbye !!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Characters in horror movies going into the basement. Just say goodbye !!!

If they’re pretty, have just had the shift and say “I’ll be right back” - they won’t even make it one step!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

People bringing their whole family to Tesco's (yes, Tesco's) - mammy, daddy and three small kids taking up an entire aisle, making social distancing impossible, entirely oblivious to the existence of other people trying to negotiate their way around them. Meanwhile, people queuing outside because the place is full. I wish supermarkets would enforce a 'one person per trolley' rule, along with a total ban on children.

Kinda crushing on someone, having the chats yesterday, he's 26... FTLOG why is everyone I like so young! (I saw him blushing though :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Porklife wrote:
    Watching First Dates Abroad and I hate the way Australians called sex a "root". It's horrible and makes it sound like a procedure like a root canal. A guy just said to his date 'what's the difference between an egg and a beetroot?' she goes tell me and he says 'you can beat an egg but you cant beat a good root' Her face dropped To be fair it's kinda funny but I don't think he's gonna be getting a root tonight!

My brother (from Dublin) is married to an Australian. His mother in law is called Ruth.

Because of his accent she insists he calls her mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

.anon. wrote: »
    People bringing their whole family to Tesco's (yes, Tesco's) - mammy, daddy and three small kids taking up an entire aisle, making social distancing impossible, entirely oblivious to the existence of other people trying to negotiate their way around them. Meanwhile, people queuing outside because the place is full. I wish supermarkets would enforce a 'one person per trolley' rule, along with a total ban on children.

They do have that sign on their tv ads (one person per trolley)

I’m TA’d that the weekend is nearly over

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote:
    I’m TA’d that the weekend is nearly over

Only 5 days till the next one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm already grumpy at the prospect of grocery shopping Christmas week.

Really plan to have everything in bar picking up the meat but I'm the world's worst planner.

Midnight shopping is so appealing but I'm a big chicken sh!t , walking to the car on my own is a bridge too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

At a medium sized retail shop in cork, they have to make people queue to get in due to covid regulations when its a busy period - which is fine....but 3 or 4 times of having to queue up, you see pairs of jackasses having made their purchases, just standing around having a chat inside the shop....FFS get the hell out of the shop and let others in, no one cares about your kids, whatever - if your desperate to have a chat, go outside and let those who are queuing up go in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I had to go to Waterford last week to collect a loan (I live in Kilkenny) and at a checkpoint, that's what we said to the Gárd. No argument or second thoughts - immediate "no bother lad go on ahead" and the TA comes from the fact that it's THAT EASY to just continue on. How could he know I wasn't taking the piss? What if I was really going to Cork to visit a friend? What if I was just doing anything of insignificance?

I brought forms and receipts with me to prove that my trip was essential and that I wasn't lying and, after all that, I never needed to pull out a single sheet of paper in the end.

I had to go to Waterford last week to collect a loan (I live in Kilkenny) and at a checkpoint, that's what we said to the Gárd. No argument or second thoughts - immediate "no bother lad go on ahead" and the TA comes from the fact that it's THAT EASY to just continue on. How could he know I wasn't taking the piss? What if I was really going to Cork to visit a friend? What if I was just doing anything of insignificance?

I brought forms and receipts with me to prove that my trip was essential and that I wasn't lying and, after all that, I never needed to pull out a single sheet of paper in the end.

I’ve had a letter from my work to say I’m an essential worker (was news to me tbf?!!) and never has to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

TA why do people have dishwashers ?

Sorry @ohnonotgmail :p :pac:

More environmentally friendly (if full) than hand washing and also more
    Hygienic...and that’s good enough for me.

People using the phrase “ the shift”....disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

That sort of logical thinkin would be way beyond Pat....my local Supermkt is constantly clogged by grim faced beuers leaving their trollies all over the place.

Also saw a pair of woke looking millenials taking pics of various bottle of wine and presumably sending them to someone for a "recommendation" !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

There are works going on somewhere around by my house and there is a truck or something with the loudest, most high pitched beeping sound going off for the past few hours. It's really doing my head in and I have already had to take painkillers for a headache :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Vodafone were allowing two customers in at a time. Queue forms behind me.

Two people in shop, one assistant dealing with the woman, the male customer browsing and the other assistant on his computer.

Ten minutes later the male exits the shop and informs me he was just with his girlfriend and not a customer. The whole queue gave him a piece of their minds for taking the slot we had been waiting for. He didn't seem to mind that he had wasted so much of everyone's time.

It took some self control not to completely lose my cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Trying to speak to a human at eir. Elderly uncle's landline is down, but waiting time is 30 minutes when I get through. I gave up and filled in a form on the website. Lots of guff about paying your bill, and buying stuff, but no actual help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Got a service done on the car today. I was sent a video from the mechanic working on the car with a little spiel about how it was going and any problems he encountered. He spoke so fast and so low on the video I hadn't a clue what he was saying so I had to call the shop to ask what was needed. Yer man definitely has a future doing the announcements for Irish Rail or Bus Eireann anyway.

I left my former job in August and I’m still getting queries from them!!!

Getting beyond a ****ing a joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

wildwillow wrote: »
    Vodafone were allowing two customers in at a time. Queue forms behind me.

Two people in shop, one assistant dealing with the woman, the male customer browsing and the other assistant on his computer.

Ten minutes later the male exits the shop and informs me he was just with his girlfriend and not a customer. The whole queue gave him a piece of their minds for taking the slot we had been waiting for. He didn't seem to mind that he had wasted so much of everyone's time.

It took some self control not to completely lose my cool.

As someone who is hearing impaired,i need my partner with me.As i cant lip read because of the masks.

So maybe there was a reason he was in there. Not everyone who is disabled is in a wheelchair.

dubstarr wrote:
    As someone who is hearing impaired,i need my partner with me.As i cant lip read because of the masks.

dubstarr wrote:
    So maybe there was a reason he was in there. Not everyone who is disabled is in a wheelchair.

Well if that's the case, he wasn't much help if she was dealing with the staff member, he was browsing phones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Oh I would have no problem with him assisting her, especially if she needed help communicating.

He took no part in the transaction. She didn't even seek his opinion on the phones she was considering. She hadn't made a decision by the time I had finished my business and left. Just thoughtless people.

People not using a pedestrian crossing when there is one a few metres from where they are trying to cross the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Got a service done on the car today. I was sent a video from the mechanic working on the car with a little spiel about how it was going and any problems he encountered. He spoke so fast and so low on the video I hadn't a clue what he was saying so I had to call the shop to ask what was needed. Yer man definitely has a future doing the announcements for Irish Rail or Bus Eireann anyway.

Just picked it up. 300 quid's worth for the service and repairs. And they didn't even wash the fecking car! I thought that was standard with services? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

PsychoPete wrote: »
    People not using a pedestrian crossing when there is one a few metres from where they are trying to cross the road

Bonus points if they are dressed head to toe in black.

Full house when dressed head to toe in black in the p!ssings of rain.

Some people want to be killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I have a hole in my shoe which revealed itself when I stepped in a puddle. They are only 3 months old.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Just picked it up. 300 quid's worth for the service and repairs. And they didn't even wash the fecking car! I thought that was standard with services? :mad:

Most of them do a sh!te job washing cars anyway but the only time we wouldn't wash a service car is if we were caught for time or the lad that washes the cars was off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement