Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst songs that you ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Kylta wrote: »
    Don't worry help is on the way

Haven't done Mr Blobby or Tellytubbies yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Those 2 Bryan McFadden songs should be thanked a thousand times, embarrassing songs.

The only positive that came from them is that they finished his career in music thank god.

Also , any song with the words “ in da club “ in them which is basically every second piece of ****e on the radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Life, by Des'ree is one of the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

tastyt wrote: »
    Those 2 Bryan McFadden songs should be thanked a thousand times, embarrassing songs.

The only positive that came from them is that they finished his career in music thank god.

What career in music. You have to be talented to be a musician or singer. That poor unfortunate had neither

Haven't done Mr Blobby or Tellytubbies yet

Hey dont forget the birdy song, or barney (not sure if thats his name it just sounds familiar) the dinosaur

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

That song from Bewitched years ago.
    Murder inducing.

I'm going to up the ante with the Crazy Frog remix of Blue, any axe murders resulting are not my fault

Kylta wrote: »
    Hey dont forget the birdy song, or barney (not sure if thats his name it just sounds familiar) the dinosaur

Whitfield Saturday Night.deafness is bliss

Brian Kennedy had a TV show ugh, anyway he murdered various songs weekly for whatever number of weeks/year's, but the worst was probably his attempt at U2s "One"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

All The Things She Said by T.A.T.U

Awful whiney song that stuck in your head, over use of strobe lighting in the music video and a child abuse angle to the formation of the band itself, makes you sick.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

That one they were playing in ads for Shine a Light on Fb.

Light up light up as if you have a choice. Fuçking bizarre lyrics and gross melody.

Also the absolute anal decimation of that Oasis song Half a world away that was knocking around some recent Christmas.

I guess I just hate the genre of "little girl singing with auto tuner for xfactor fans".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Cotton Eyed Joe.

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    All The Things She Said by T.A.T.U

Awful whiney song that stuck in your head, over use of strobe lighting in the music video and a child abuse angle to the formation of the band itself, makes you sick.

I half like that but then again my favourite Europop song is 99 red balloons which nobody else seems to get.

Cotton Eyed Joe.

There's the Emmerdale one as well who's name I can't recall and won't look up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

I half like that but then again my favourite Europop song is 99 red balloons which nobody else seems to get.

Think the German original got voted Best Song Ever in a competition on boards so you're not alone and it's a fine song, doesn't take itself seriously which is refreshing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Cotton Eyed Joe.
    I have a soft spot for it because it was my nephew's favourite song when he was a toddler... I don't know if you've seen the video for it, it's full of naked women. He was mad for it :o

It's about getting an STD

Brian Kennedy had a TV show ugh, anyway he murdered various songs weekly for whatever number of weeks/year's, but the worst was probably his attempt at U2s "One"

Who tells these people that they can sing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

https://youtu.be/kFvMsM2tkCE

The Beatles being sonically lined up against a wall and shot one by one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭pavb2

Two of the dreariest, lifeless and depressing songs for me are ‘I Want to stand with you on a Mountain’ by Savage Garden and ‘Wonderful Tonight’ by Eric Clapton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
    Aqua - Barbie Girl

I'd be here all day listing these, but just look through a list of number one's from the mid 90's to now and you'll see nearly all of the worst songs of all-time listed there. The mediocrity of popular music from then to now is really alarming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Work - Rihanna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

The 1975 - smells like chocolate or something like that.

The JCB song that was everywhere about 15 years ago "I'm Luke, I'm 5 and my dad's Bruce Lee, drives me round in his JCB"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

pavb2 wrote: »
    Two of the dreariest, lifeless and depressing songs for me are ‘I Want to stand with you on a Mountain’ by Savage Garden and ‘Wonderful Tonight’ by Eric Clapton.

Didnt particularly like claptons "tears in heaven" I understand the reasons why he wrote the song. I think its a dreadful dirge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'll just leave this here ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Rattlin Bog.

I have to leave the room if it's ever being played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

All Irish Country music.

Someone played me Rebecca Black "Friday", we may have a winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Blue da da Dee Da Dr da

i love that song

Advertisement