Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 8/Pro

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

the goon wrote: »
    Thanks,would love to know. Surely at this price it is locked for a similar period.

Most likely...I won't be pulling the trigger...had totally forgotten that it's single sim... need a work sim also.
    So it may have to be the 8 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

Most likely...I won't be pulling the trigger...had totally forgotten that it's single sim... need a work sim also.
    So it may have to be the 8 for me

The official OnePlus website has the OnePlus 7T Pro as having dual NANO-SIM? Where did you see that it is single SIM only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

D_D wrote: »
    The official OnePlus website has the OnePlus 7T Pro as having dual NANO-SIM? Where did you see that it is single SIM only?

On chat with the 3 rep..he said single sim for their phones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

are the prepays defintely locked?
    Could you just buy it prepay and not both topping up but using a different SIM?

can't see how the phone is only single sim? surely OP don't make different variations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Uriel. wrote: »

can't see how the phone is only single sim? surely OP don't make different variations?

The SIM tray is back to back, so you would think that, however some of the US models have a piece of plastic on one side which prevents a second sim being inserted, so its possible they did it that way. However, I've only heard of it on the US models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Why is this cheap on three webite They have oneplus 7 at 419 now.

eglobal has one plus 8 at 530 - have not used this site before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Uriel. wrote: »

People on this thread are saying it's unlocked.
    ebayissues wrote: »
    Why is this cheap on three webite They have oneplus 7 at 419 now.

eglobal has one plus 8 at 530 - have not used this site before.

I've used EGlobalCentral multiple times before. They were grand. Still, pay with PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this on eGlobal

I like the idea of saving approx. €200, even if I have to wait a few extra weeks for it.

It says "CN Ver. with Flashed OS". I take it this means there some sort of Chinese version - but what dies this mean in practical terms? I get it am I going to be left having to learn Mandarin? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has someone used their 8 or 8 Pro on Vodafone’s 5G network?

The web site does not list any 5G band for Ireland and somehow there is no concrete info I can see.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Has someone used their 8 or 8 Pro on Vodafone’s 5G network?

The web site does not list any 5G band for Ireland and somehow there is no concrete info I can see.

Thanks
    Wikipedia page here calls out the bands, countries and companies. This should be a starting point for you anyway.

• Advertisement

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Wikipedia page here calls out the bands, countries and companies. This should be a starting point for you anyway.

You clearly are missing the point.

a.) The OnePlus does not support all bands out of the box.
    b.) Not all carriers allow devices not purchased via them on 5G
    c.) OnePlus lists no Irish Carrier as supported
    d.) Vodafone does use N78 but some implementation is different

Which is why I specificly asked if someone used it on Vodafone 5G.

But thank you for you contribution.

You clearly are missing the point.

a.) The OnePlus does not support all bands out of the box.
    b.) Not all carriers allow devices not purchased via them on 5G
    c.) OnePlus lists no Irish Carrier as supported
    d.) Vodafone does use N78 but some implementation is different

Which is why I specificly asked if someone used it on Vodafone 5G.

But thank you for you contribution.

I currently use my OnePlus Pro 8 with two sim cards in it... You get a notification to say that you can't use 5G while having two sims in it (currently) and it may change with a future update...

I currently use my OnePlus Pro 8 with two sim cards in it... You get a notification to say that you can't use 5G while having two sims in it (currently) and it may change with a future update...

Thanks, if you use only your 5G sim, you have full 5G ?

Thanks, if you use only your 5G sim, you have full 5G ?

Sorry, the two sims I have are Eir (personal) and Three (work) and I don't think they have a 5G service in Ireland yet?

Sorry, the two sims I have are Eir (personal) and Three (work) and I don't think they have a 5G service in Ireland yet?

Thanks D_D.

Let's hope someone here has Vodafone and can report back.

With the lower price on amazon for it, I am thinking of jumping and buying one but if it won't work on Vodafone 5G than I will choose a different phone.

Thanks D_D.

Let's hope someone here has Vodafone and can report back.

With the lower price on amazon for it, I am thinking of jumping and buying one but if it won't work on Vodafone 5G than I will choose a different phone.

I am with Vodafone on bill pay, so I should be able to get 5g. I will have to check where has the 5g coverage so I can test it out.
    Edit: Am on a 5g plan but will have to wait til I am in Dublin city centre to test it out.

I am with Vodafone on bill pay, so I should be able to get 5g. I will have to check where has the 5g coverage so I can test it out.
    Edit: Am on a 5g plan but will have to wait til I am in Dublin city centre to test it out.

Thank you derekeire, I appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I am with Vodafone and have a Note 10 plus 5G.
    Only time I have had 5G working was when I was in Power City in Coolock (got over 300mbps using speed test)
    I never go to City Centre so can't say if it is widespread there or just certain areas.
    I have the last couple of days seen the 5G icon come on a lot, but no extra data speed over regular LTE/4G, I believe it has to do with Vodafone testing it but not 100% live here yet. (I'm in Raheny on the Northside)

I just read that the Aviva stadium is 5G enabled so that might be a good spot for testing your 5G connection.
    I'm assuming that is not something that gets *switched off* when there's nothing on in the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lozzapozza

How does this compare with the Huawei P40 Pro?

• Advertisement

lozzapozza wrote: »
    How does this compare with the Huawei P40 Pro?

The Huawei is probably a little superior spec wise but it doesn't have Google services.

The P40 is basically a good but expensive camera at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

JH_raheny wrote: »
    The Huawei is probably a little superior spec wise but it doesn't have Google services.

Not having Google Services is a killer blow, couldn't not have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has anyone made a jump from the op7pro to op8pro? Looking to upgrade on my camera but unfortunately Google less Huawei is too much of a risk

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Has anyone made a jump from the op7pro to op8pro? Looking to upgrade on my camera but unfortunately Google less Huawei is too much of a risk

I went from 7pro to 8pro. Camera was great on the 7pro but is definately improved on the 8pro. Especially love night shots with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Think I'm going to go for one of these soon having looked at a load of reviews of different phones, if I buy from Amazon UK should I just be able to put my Three sim in and away I go? Or is there anywhere else I'd be better off buying from?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

where is the best place/ cheapest to buy the 8 pro 12GB/256GB . I see varying prices online, are these different versions ?

like this for example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all I'm looking to buy a oneplus 8 it's the China model. Is anyone using one here on vf and if so does 5g work OK cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

massy086 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm looking to buy a oneplus 8 it's the China model. Is anyone using one here on vf and if so does 5g work OK cheers all

Anyone??

• Advertisement

If you read this thread you will notice that so far nobody has tested even the official IE variant on 5G for anything else than a minute.

Advertisement