Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 8/Pro

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Has anyone had any weird bugs with battery saving and alarms recently?

Two days in a row my alarm has refused to fire and each time I have a notification saying that Battery saver has been turned off as phone has enough charge. This is the only thing I've noticed different about the last two days.

The thing is, battery saver is turned OFF globally in the settings and has nothing to actually trigger it to come on, which is very strange, as it means this function should not even be running, let alone disrupting the alarm.

I look a bit of an idiot to my work as I had this same problem yesterday morning and I set 3-4 alarms last night to test the alarm functionality was working and it was without fail, but it seems that overnight this battery saver feature is coming on randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Has anyone got the Oneplus 8Pro working on eir 5G?

I can't get mine working. Even did a SIM swap.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

*deleted*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

Oneplus 8 Pro €438 on amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XYJSXMM?th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is the 8T still a good buy? I see it for 399. Coming from a Xiaomi Mi 9T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I bought this & finding it great so far with only one problem - Android Auto is incredibly slow to start. I tend to use Waze most times I am in the car but it takes a few mins to find the phone and allow it to connect whereas it has been 30 seconds on any other phone I've had. I've Googled and it seems others have the problem but I've yet to see a solution. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I have the 256GB 12GB Ram, Oneplus 8 pro and I have started to experience some fairly major stuter when recording video. There are lots of posts about it online - but no solutions. I contacted oneplus they said roll it back to Android 11, but I am out of warranty in two weeks so I've just sent it off and told them to fix it. Anyone had any luck with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Having the exact same problem with the video struttering at the start of recording. Surely it's something and update could fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Nope. Oneplus says that eir needs to contact them to verify that their 5g network is complatible.

Eir says we dont do this with any phone company. Eir say they will not communicate. Three and vodafon got it sorted.

I even gave them contact details of each other. I think Oneplus are looking for money to "activate" eirs 5g. They have a whitelist which they can update. Theres an app that you can use if you want to jailbreak your phone. You can activate the eir netowkr id and 5g works. Not worrth the warranty loss theough. Eir are being a$$holes. Oneplus are bieng greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Found a way around it without jailbreaking the phone.

I use an app called Samsung Band Selection.

In there, click on More Network Settings / Preferred network type.

Then select NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA and you're done.

You can close the Samsung app then and the network selection with 5G preferred will remain until you restart the phone.

There are multiple other apps similar to this one which do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

thanks for that, that immediately turned 5G symbol on for me but the speeds are atrocious - 3mb down, 7mb up :-(

Advertisement