Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbors strange behavior on terrace, considering ringing gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Did you call the Gardai? At the very least they're visiting a residence they don't live at which is currently illegal with limited exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maurylen

There have been another two, I may have missed some earlier, same as before. Now one of them is standing outside in a towel. I’m certain they are just going in and coming out without going to a steam room. None of them look like they have been in a stream room , they look the same as when they arrived just with the towel. For christs sake, it’sthree oclock in the morning! There is something chilling about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

Are they causing any harm to anyone?

If not,, and they are adults.. leave them alone. hey are obviously known to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PricklyPete

NSAman wrote: »

If not,, and they are adults.. leave them alone. hey are obviously known to each other.

And how would those of us eagerly following this thread ever get answers is he did that??? 🀔🀔

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

maurylen wrote: »
    Hi not sure where to post this
    if a moderator wants to move a more suitable place please go ahead.

Bit of a strange one, I’m wondering whether to ring the Gardai due to the strange and unsettling behaviour of our neighbour, or at least, a neighbouring house. We live in a historic terrace in the inner city, we know many of our neighbours, I think a few were turned into flats, but I thought this one was owner occupied, which is directly opposite our house but in saying that we haven’t seen the couple who live there in a while.

Anyway, this may or not be COVID related, but twice last week, and again last night, we noticed men, in ones, walk to the front door of this house, knock, wait outside for a bit, sometimes as long as ten minutes , and then enter the house. This appears to start around one in the morning and best I can tell continues until maybe four. Reason I have been able to observe this is because we have a young child who is waking in the night, and her bedroom looks over onto their property. When I’ve seen this behaviour I’ve continued to keep an eye out, as it is unusual/unwanted.

Anyway, the more worrying part is to come, as five minutes after a man enters the property he comes out again, this time wearing only a towel around his waist, were he then waits for twenty or thirty minutes, maybe more, as long as an hour perhaps I lost track, and you know how cold it is at night at the moment, until he is again invited to enter the property. I’m not seeing any of these men leave, they all have shaven heads or are bald I think at least the ones without hats. It’s possible there is a back entrance to the house. My worry is that first, they should not be congregating for a party during the pandemic, second, I wonder is that a kind of brothel, but why make these men wait outside only wearing a towel plain to see to one and all. Finally I worry that since we are directly overlooking this property, if anything strange happens will these men assume that we ratted them to the gardai as we have the only unrestricted view of their property. As I say, I think the police will be very vigiliant during the pandemic, although my own experiences with the police have been less than stellar, but I don’t want this happening on the terrace at night for obvious reasons.

get a towel and go down and knock see what the craic is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

The plot's thickening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

And how would those of us eagerly following this thread ever get answers is he did that??? ����
    Simple,,, get that long microphone a bodycam and dress in a towel, bump one on the head and when the door opens go in... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

And how would those of us eagerly following this thread ever get answers is he did that??? 🀔🀔

I'm sorry to say that you're deluded if you think you're ever going to get answers from the op on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Did you ever watch pulp fiction.
    Zed and his buddy spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

XsApollo wrote: »

Who’s Zed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

The wicker man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Video it and depending on the response you want share it with:-

The guards
    A tabloid journalist
    The Good people of boards

Have to say I'm curious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,954 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

NSAman wrote: »

..... if not, then definitely getting to know each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

italodisco wrote: »
    The wicker man?

As long as it's sticking to their immoral storyline lol Britt Ekland is worth waiting outside for with a towel wrapped around you .

And she signing that beautiful song...

Who is there?
    No one but me my dear.
    Please come
    Say how do the things I'll give to you?
    I'll catch a rainbow from the sky and tie the ends together
    Heigh ho
    I am here
    Am I not young and fair?
    Please come
    Say how do the things I'll show to you?
    Would you have a wondrous sight?
    The midday sun at midnight
    Fair maid, white and red,
    Comb you smooth and stroke your head
    How a maid can milk a bull
    And every stroke a bucketful

Source: Musixmatch
    Songwriters: Paul Giovanni
    Willow's Song lyrics © British Lion Music Ltd., British Lion Music Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How bizarre!
    Maybe they are a Right Said Fred tribute act, or the Bruce Willis impersonators club :pac:
    It isn't a secret barbers anyway, we can rule that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭vikings2012

The fact that they are standing in front of the house in plain sight would suggest to me that these individuals are confident that they are not committing an illegal activity. (Outside of the Covid 19 sphere)

They must not live too far from your premises if they are arriving most nights.

I would take note of the following:
    - the description of men arriving.
    - the registration of cars stopping outside this house.
    - the nights of the week this is happening (determine a potential pattern or schedule that may exist.)

It is understandable that you are concerned about this. Afterall, this is your family home where your kids sleep at night. It is also worrying that the following may be happening.
    - You and your children can see half naked men from your window.
    - Strange cars are driving into your estate
    - Strange men are congregating in close proximity to your house at unusual hours.

The fact that they are standing in front of the house in plain sight would suggest to me that these individuals are confident that they are not committing an illegal activity.

It is currently illegal to visit households you do not reside with. It does not sound like they are providing care or other essential services.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Next time a baldy is standing outside, just happen to be walking by and ask them what's going on have they locked themselves out? Do you live here etc? See how they react.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Are you sure it’s illegal to visit a household you don’t reside with and not advice ?
    I deliver meals on wheels and the postman calls to me on a regular basis, should we be arrested ?

It's illegal as of last Tuesday with specific exceptions. The two examples you give are covered by the exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Ring your local Garda station, explain you think non household people coming & going from house at odd hours, ask could they patrol / have a car come to the road a few times during the night to keep an eye on things. That way you’re not officially accusing or making a complaint. Gardai would be happy to hear about concerns and would note in the station to keep an eye on the road. Only downside is you, and we, may never know wtf was going on there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Maybe they're towel salesmen?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You didn’t mention exceptions lol

Ah but I did! See my earlier post
    Caranica wrote: »
    Did you call the Gardai? At the very least they're visiting a residence they don't live at which is currently illegal with limited exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP are these men foreign? eastern european? can you hear them talking? is it the same men every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Has to be one of the most interesting boards posts I've ever read! I am very eager to hear how this is resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so am i, my life at the moment revolves around this thread

Caranica wrote: »
    It is currently illegal to visit households you do not reside with. It does not sound like they are providing care or other essential services.

It does sound as if they are receiving a service.

Just not one that was legal or regarded essential before these restrictions.

Considering the week that it is and the whole towel thing, could they be auditioning for a Passion Play ?

:o I`ll get my coat.

My money in on it being a laundry service.

My money in on it being a laundry service.

A barber who does a hot towel shave ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

XsApollo wrote: »

The op should go down there with a blow torch and pliers. Get medieval on their asses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement