Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbors strange behavior on terrace, considering ringing gardai

Options
  • 08-04-2020 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi not sure where to post this
    if a moderator wants to move a more suitable place please go ahead.

Bit of a strange one, I’m wondering whether to ring the Gardai due to the strange and unsettling behaviour of our neighbour, or at least, a neighbouring house. We live in a historic terrace in the inner city, we know many of our neighbours, I think a few were turned into flats, but I thought this one was owner occupied, which is directly opposite our house but in saying that we haven’t seen the couple who live there in a while.

Anyway, this may or not be COVID related, but twice last week, and again last night, we noticed men, in ones, walk to the front door of this house, knock, wait outside for a bit, sometimes as long as ten minutes , and then enter the house. This appears to start around one in the morning and best I can tell continues until maybe four. Reason I have been able to observe this is because we have a young child who is waking in the night, and her bedroom looks over onto their property. When I’ve seen this behaviour I’ve continued to keep an eye out, as it is unusual/unwanted.

Anyway, the more worrying part is to come, as five minutes after a man enters the property he comes out again, this time wearing only a towel around his waist, were he then waits for twenty or thirty minutes, maybe more, as long as an hour perhaps I lost track, and you know how cold it is at night at the moment, until he is again invited to enter the property. I’m not seeing any of these men leave, they all have shaven heads or are bald I think at least the ones without hats. It’s possible there is a back entrance to the house. My worry is that first, they should not be congregating for a party during the pandemic, second, I wonder is that a kind of brothel, but why make these men wait outside only wearing a towel plain to see to one and all. Finally I worry that since we are directly overlooking this property, if anything strange happens will these men assume that we ratted them to the gardai as we have the only unrestricted view of their property. As I say, I think the police will be very vigiliant during the pandemic, although my own experiences with the police have been less than stellar, but I don’t want this happening on the terrace at night for obvious reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Towel Round Waist Sitting In Cold Fetish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Don't get caught watching the house, even just eye contact could make them a bit suspicious.

Are you close with any of the other neighbours to say it to them?

I think you'll just have to call the police, explain that you have something to report but want to do it anonymously and take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Brilliant 10/10 OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maurylen

Don't get caught watching the house, even just eye contact could make them a bit suspicious.

Are you close with any of the other neighbours to say it to them?

I think you'll just have to call the police, explain that you have something to report but want to do it anonymously and take it from there.

Hi yes I know a few, I've one in mind to mention it to at the weekend. I'm not sure we'd see eye to eye as he is more laissez affair but we'll see. I could ring the gardai anonymously but the positioning of the houses makes our house the most likely candidate for any reporting unfortunately, which is my main concern.

To the other poster, I know how it sounds, but this is really happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Billhook

Sounds like Police academy, The Blue Oyster

Maybe its called the white towel

• Advertisement

Other thing is that they have definitely seen our lights go on at night when the baby wakes and probably have seen me looking out at them. If it happens again tonight I am calling the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

A very odd situation. I am at a loss as to what is transpiring IN the property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

What film is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

What film is this?

Rear Window

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

What film is this?

Brokeback Terrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Billhook

Covert 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

What types of hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I'm a mur-diddley-urderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Are the men Coviding thy neighbours wife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Billhook wrote: »
    Covert 19

After this many sequels, you'd think they'd just pack it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Grab a towel and go undercover.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

What types of hat?

Jaunty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Do a nick nack at their door at 2am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Give me the address and I'll find out exactly what's going on and report back. I've a few quid burning a hole in my pocket now too I can't spend it on anything. I've a feeling I might need it for this stakeout

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

maurylen wrote: »
    Hi not sure where to post this
    if a moderator wants to move a more suitable place please go ahead.

Bit of a strange one, I’m wondering whether to ring the Gardai due to the strange and unsettling behaviour of our neighbour, or at least, a neighbouring house. We live in a historic terrace in the inner city, we know many of our neighbours, I think a few were turned into flats, but I thought this one was owner occupied, which is directly opposite our house but in saying that we haven’t seen the couple who live there in a while.

Anyway, this may or not be COVID related, but twice last week, and again last night, we noticed men, in ones, walk to the front door of this house, knock, wait outside for a bit, sometimes as long as ten minutes , and then enter the house. This appears to start around one in the morning and best I can tell continues until maybe four. Reason I have been able to observe this is because we have a young child who is waking in the night, and her bedroom looks over onto their property. When I’ve seen this behaviour I’ve continued to keep an eye out, as it is unusual/unwanted.

Anyway, the more worrying part is to come, as five minutes after a man enters the property he comes out again, this time wearing only a towel around his waist, were he then waits for twenty or thirty minutes, maybe more, as long as an hour perhaps I lost track, and you know how cold it is at night at the moment, until he is again invited to enter the property. I’m not seeing any of these men leave, they all have shaven heads or are bald I think at least the ones without hats. It’s possible there is a back entrance to the house. My worry is that first, they should not be congregating for a party during the pandemic, second, I wonder is that a kind of brothel, but why make these men wait outside only wearing a towel plain to see to one and all. Finally I worry that since we are directly overlooking this property, if anything strange happens will these men assume that we ratted them to the gardai as we have the only unrestricted view of their property. As I say, I think the police will be very vigiliant during the pandemic, although my own experiences with the police have been less than stellar, but I don’t want this happening on the terrace at night for obvious reasons.

What a weird thing to see in the middle of the night the towel thing is weird. Are all the lights on in the house? And it's a couple who live here.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Can see light in the hallway, whether that is light from another room or not I cannot tell. Upstairs lights at front of house are not on I don't think, I'll double check. Keep in mind its a big building, so I don't know why the men wait outside. I thought it was a couple but my husband thinks it is a guy with a girlfriend no longer on the scene. I'm not the best with noticing people usually unless they are right in front of me. It's very strange to see these men waiting outside. I never saw two together at the same time, neither arriving or going out in the towels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Only thing i can think of is Scandinavians or Russians using a Sauna? Many people have Saunas, and you would leave it to stand in the cold for a while and go back in and repeat, its a social thing, do Sauna, drink beer, stand in cold (Im married to a Finnish person, i do this all the time)
    Why its done that late/early i dont know , but, if i was in Finland and i passed a house at 3am and some dude was outside with a towel on standing in the dark, honestly i would not bat an eyelid !!!

or its a kinky knocking shop, take your pic OP :-)

Okay, but they have a back garden where it would be more appropriate, and no couples or no women arriving, just intervals of men on their own, no bags, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I hope its not the Klopecks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

It’s a sauna thing - maybe a gay sauna or just Ll the men sick of their wices and children getting together in a bachelors house for a no women sweat fest. Wouldn’t be worrying about it.

My inventive neighbours made a smoke box for their meat and the men have been out in the garden all day poking at it with sticks and opening it to review its progress. If I couldn’t see properly I’d have said they were up to no good - just bored men tinkering - or in your case tickling! Make like Elsa and let it go. Too many people with too much time on their hands and pent up feeling. Just sit back and enjoy the fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Only one thing for it, grab a towel and line up!

Please move this to after hours, it has potential to be a fantastic thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Justathought should the guards be called to break it up?

It could be a sauna, okay but they are barely in the door before they come out in the towel, and I don't think they reappear with the towel later. Do you understand, it seems like there is something going on. They don't look like they are chilling out or socializing, there is no music from the house, no drinks. Maybe I am reading into it too much, I'll observe again next time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Joe Rogan says a sauna will stop you getting corona.... get involved... it might save your life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Do a nick nack at their door at 2am

Or better yet, take a dump on the doorstep, then do the nick nack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement