Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 43" 301.90e

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

oodles19 wrote: »
    Did it have Netflix preinstalled and available on the home menu?

And if it doesn't, what does stop you from installing it from play?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm prevaricating over getting the 32", but it not being 1080p is giving me pause for thought, the TV it would be replacing is also 32" 720p, and the difference between that and a proper 1080p, let alone 4k, panel is marked. The issue is that the 43" is twice the price, and size might be a problem.

Does anyone know if Xaoimi might be doing a refresh or their telly's at any point actually?

I hesitated at no 1080p, but then thought that on a screen this size you'll probably be hard pressed to notice the difference.

I have a 43" 4k in another room and HDR content on it isn't much more noticeable than 1080p tbh, I think the differences become much more noticeable the larger the screen.

Imo of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

grogi wrote: »

So someone linked the name of an Indian youtuber there a few comments back, Netflix didn't appear to be available on the playstore for his MiTv, he had to download an APK and install it, and run it through an APK launcher, it wasn't available on the home screen after being installed, so I was just curious on that front!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

So someone linked the name of an Indian youtuber there a few comments back, Netflix didn't appear to be available on the playstore for his MiTv, he had to download an APK and install it, and run it through an APK launcher, it wasn't available on the home screen after being installed, so I was just curious on that front!

Can't find the link, can you post it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

kennyt wrote: »
    Can't find the link, can you post it please?

Sure!

https://youtu.be/zU3ykR7IQLc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

grogi wrote: »

Netflix was pre installed and working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

brightkane wrote: »
    You could also get a stand that fits onto the wall mounting holes in the back of the tv to avoid wall mounting. similar to this one picked at random.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1home-Universal-TVs-Height-Adjustable-Management-Holds-32-55-Height/dp/B075FN4GH5/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=vesa+stand&qid=1589285225&sr=8-8

Thanks for this brightkane. I can't believe I didn't know about these, and I am looking at tv's right now and had discounted a couple I liked because of the feet not fitting on the tv cabinet. This has opened up my choice again!

Thanks for this brightkane. I can't believe I didn't know about these, and I am looking at tv's right now and had discounted a couple I liked because of the feet not fitting on the tv cabinet. This has opened up my choice again!

Same boat as you, never knew they existed (for shame).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Exactly, I have let go so many TVs before just because of the base :o

Amazon.de ordered the xaoimi smart TV on Tues and hasn't dispatched yet despite being in stock?

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

McMurphy wrote: »
    Amazon.de ordered the xaoimi smart TV on Tues and hasn't dispatched yet despite being in stock?

Anyone else?

Same, estimated delivery is the 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Glad to help folks. I was in the same boat disregarding TV's until I found out it existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Amazon UK has stopped shipping TVs to Ireland which is kind of sad coz they have some of the best prices to offer !

If it supports freeview, ideally it should support Soarview.

I bought this tv on Sunday

Sony BRAVIA KD49XG81 49-inch LED 4K HDR Ultra HD Smart Android TV with voice remote - Black (2019 model) [Energy Class A]
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07P7R73FP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mind you, it is still "waiting to be dispatched" with no expected delivery date, even though I am a prime customer and prime shipping is available.

I finally got onto support today, they said it is currently "stuck" at a fulfillment centre and they will have an update for me within 48 hours.

I assume if there was any problems shipping to an Irish address, they wouldnt of let me submit my order (and pay).

DopeTech wrote: »
    Same, estimated delivery is the 26th

Mine just got dispatched.

No such luck here.

No such luck here.

Didn't we order a day apart?

Could still go today or tomorrow?

Didn't we order a day apart?

Could still go today or tomorrow?

Ah yeah you ordered last Tuesday morning, I didn't order until about 7pm. I just hope that after all this the condition is in fact acceptable. If not i'll return it.

Ah yeah you ordered last Tuesday morning, I didn't order until about 7pm. I just hope that after all this the condition is in fact acceptable. If not i'll return it.

Meet your brother lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

sham69 wrote: »
    Looks like these are shipping today finally... (55' from powerplanet)
    I have ordered 2 by mistake, thought the first one had cancelled and re-ordered.
    I had moved my credit card to new bank so transactions looked a bit different and didnt cop the original hold put on first purchase.

Looking forward to getting the tv now though...

Any updates?
    I've heard nothing since last Thursday when it got dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

kennyt wrote: »
    Any updates?
    I've heard nothing since last Thursday when it got dispatched.

Nothing, gls is showing as handed to courier but still in preadvice, I got something delivered from Italy recently by them and it took a week, am hoping it gets here on Friday

• Advertisement

Mine says delivery by anpost complete with a tracking number, but then again, mine is only a 32" for the bedroom.

It arrived in the UK this morning, so hopeful I'll lay eyes on it for the weekend.

It arrived in the UK this morning, so hopeful I'll lay eyes on it for the weekend.

Mine got dispatched yesterday morning, last update was last night it was still in Germany.

Mine got dispatched yesterday morning, last update was last night it was still in Germany.

Might get mine tomorrow all going well.

IMG-20200520-145632.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

IMG-20200520-145632.jpg

Has anyone actually got their hands on one yet?
    Pls review it when up n running,I'd appreciate an honest appraisal,
    I've a Samsung 4k but want to gets decent tv for my son's room

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Has anyone actually got their hands on one yet?
    Pls review it when up n running,I'd appreciate an honest appraisal,
    I've a Samsung 4k but want to gets decent tv for my son's room

i gave it a quick review few pages back 43" version. After a week or so with it , cant fault pic or sound or connectivity hate the feckin remote . Android tv is good but playstore limited so im sideloading loads. inbuilt google assist is buggy so i just use my google mini. it was obviously released without Dsiney+ as standard so when you download Disney plus app assistant wont do " hey google play mandalorian" but will do "hey google open disney plus". As a gaming screen its pretty good also for sports( im re watching prime video premier league games)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

i gave it a quick review few pages back 43" version. After a week or so with it , cant fault pic or sound or connectivity hate the feckin remote . Android tv is good but playstore limited so im sideloading loads. inbuilt google assist is buggy so i just use my google mini. it was obviously released without Dsiney+ as standard so when you download Disney plus app assistant wont do " hey google play mandalorian" but will do "hey google open disney plus". As a gaming screen its pretty good also for sports( im re watching prime video premier league games)

Thanks, sorry I missed your review,going back now

No updates on mine since it checked in to an Amazon facility in Germany on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Going to pull the trigger on this, any recommendations on a bracket for the wall that fits this TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Cormo87 wrote: »
    Going to pull the trigger on this, any recommendations on a bracket for the wall that fits this TV?

its got a fat arse so find the thinnest one you can find

Advertisement