Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a hair cut

Options
  • 06-04-2020 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭

:(

It's starting to look a bit wild out there. :eek:

Me personally, i'm wearing a hoody to hide it but is only temporary fix.

thumb_pathogen-zero-on-twitter-no-this-is-evil-kermit-https-t-co-50624812.png

When will our front line hair dressers be back at work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Let it grow! Let it grow!...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

I managed to get a clippers and barber set in Argos before it shut.I have the chair,mirror and everything ready to go in the kitchen.
    The mrs is going to give it a go,I'm nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

I feel your pain.... As my mother always said, better to be looking at it than for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Just quit being a pussy and shave it off by the time this all over you'll have a full head of hair again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

The first casualty of quarantine is hair.

I stopped shaving a week ago because I don’t have to anymore and ran out of hair gel three days ago.

I’m almost four weeks overdue getting my hair cut so now instead of it standing up straight it’s all floppy (fnarr).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Lawnmowers, chainsaw, hedge trimmer....

Hell even try a nono

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Just quit being a pussy and shave it off by the time this all over you'll have a full head of hair again.

13976334b5ec0364f4cbc4f76390bcd4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

At this stage, OP must be the last soul in the country who is not a ( DIY ) hairdresser :D

( OP, probably best do nothing 'till you are certain that its not going to snow real soon )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

It might shrink in the wash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 fuilnaheireann

Be a man, get the razor out and get rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Abandon it to nature Kermit. Embrace the wild.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 fuilnaheireann

OU812 wrote: »
    The first casualty of quarantine is hair.

I stopped shaving a week ago because I don’t have to anymore and ran out of hair gel three days ago.

I’m almost four weeks overdue getting my hair cut so now instead of it standing up straight it’s all floppy (fnarr).

People still use hair gel. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

People still use hair gel. lol

Haha imagine caring about your appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

5QXt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭billyhead

Need a haircut badly myself. I will look like Grizzly Adams by the time i get one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Reckon most users “boasting” about their facial hair will be coming out of this whole thing with a “beard” like the one shown below:

1501761059351.jpg

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Reckon most users “boasting” about their facial hair will be coming out of this whole thing with a “beard” like the one shown below:

1501761059351.jpg

Oh you so "funny", you sooo "funny", you big "successful" man, you soooooo "funny".

Do more joke, you soooooo "funny". You make me laf.

You must get all de ladies, do more joke, you soooooo "FuNnY". Ha ha ha.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If you need a set of clippers, Amazon and the like are sold out.

Powercity still have stock and are shipping - ordered a set on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Oh you so "funny", you sooo "funny", you big "successful" man, you soooooo "funny".

Do more joke, you soooooo "funny". You make me laf.

You must get all de ladies, do more joke, you soooooo "FuNnY". Ha ha ha.

Looks like we found the man who can’t grow a beard. Don’t worry, your balls will drop eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I couldn’t really be arsed about my hair growing longer and a bit shaggy!!

I usually leave it 3-4 weeks late anyway to get a cut when it’s needed. I’m coming close to that stage now anyway, so another 2-3 weeks on top of that won’t do any harm!!

I’m not trying to impress anyone in my local Tesco anyhow, so it makes no odds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I cut my husbands hair yesterday. He hasn’t asked for a divorce yet but let’s be honest, he can’t exactly move out now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Bought a clippers online and got Mrs to cut it.

Didn’t go as close as barber but very happy, will clip a little tighter next time.

Bit of practice and I’ll probably skip barbers completly.

I see lots of barbers saying not to diy the hair and it’s better long than butchered. I’d say they are very afraid of people not returning if they get used to doing it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Good excuse for me to let it grow for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Did my first DIY fringe homecut yesterday - followed instructions online from a barber in Sligo - not too bad a result and can see out now. The rest I can cover with a hat.

I predict shares in hats and bandanas will rise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I did a number 2 all over last week, my head was cold at first and it was the first time in a very long time I went so bare on the head.

Luckily I had a clippers which I rarely used as I bought it in the last recession to save money on haircuts, the main saving was in lack of dates however.

I did a number 4 and scissors trim on my fathers last week also and his hair looks way better whereas I look like an egg head. Start with a higher number and if you think it is too long go lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I changed my name to Jack Russell 'n cut everything with a No.3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

theguzman wrote: »
    I did a number 2 all over last week, my head was cold at first and it was the first time in a very long time I went so bare on the head.

Luckily I had a clippers which I rarely used as I bought it in the last recession to save money on haircuts, the main saving was in lack of dates however.

I did a number 4 and scissors trim on my fathers last week also and his hair looks way better whereas I look like an egg head. Start with a higher number and if you think it is too long go lower.

Feels good though right :) space monkey. Shoot you off into space but all part of the learning process, as we are getting to know ourselves.

And remember if not a sharp fade then we square at the back not the front:

hqdefault.jpg

A more and more common mistake. We wear our widows peak with pride; here like good vampires it’s nothing to be ashamed of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

The mrs did a great job,then sent a pic to my barber!

There'll be many changes after the virus and one of the less important one will be Oasis haircuts coming back into fashion.Its around the 25 year fashion cycle now for that to happen also.

Advertisement