Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,088 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

You're all very brave buying clothes online, I'd rather see them and try them on. The effort of returning stuff puts me off.

Maybe I'm an odd shape ... :eek:

I am couchside with a beer here in groundhog day.

I could never ever consider buying clothes online. I ordered a hoodie with a movie theme once and it was grand along with T-Shirts. But socks, jocks Jeans and shirts have to be seen. The same with shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I could never ever consider buying clothes online. I ordered a hoodie with a movie theme once and it was grand along with T-Shirts. But socks, jocks Jeans and shirts have to be seen. The same with shoes!
    Yeah, I'd be terrified they'd be really poor quality or wouldn't fit in reality. I'm too lazy to go to the effort of returning them, so they'd languish in the wardrobe tormenting and mocking me until I eventually sent them to a clothes bank in a huff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The packages from China arrived yesterday and today (2weeks) and 2 packages from the uk (4 days) arrived today and my car tax disc arrived today, one more in the way and that’s me until next week or when my card says Auto Stop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

kowloon wrote: »
    One of the online retailers had a thing where they would send you a suit a bit like a motion capture suit that you would take a photo of yourself in and it would attach your exact dimensions to your account.
    The problem was the suits themselves never fit right so the measurements were worthless. Not sure if it works now.

That's all a bit "Beam me up, Scotty". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Grandeeod wrote: »

Same, although I'll happily buy shoes if I'm just buying the same ones again. I've bought the same brand and model (is it a model?) of boots every few years since I was in my early teens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I've tried to write a post twice and had to give up as I know I'll get some abuse for it (Perse!)
    Sooooo, night all :)

I've tried to write a post twice and had to give up as I know I'll get some abuse for it (Perse!)
    Sooooo, night all :)

You can't leave us hanging like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,415 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In bed and for once I'm actually tired and think I'll sleep.

Playing chess online for several hours, fatigued but never in danger of being the wiser. Reminds me of that saying, life is like a nah forget it. Now curled up with a can of Arthur, dilemma whether to stream a movie with subtitles. They're great those subtitles, you can anticipate what they're going to say next. Doubles the excitement and halves the guesswork. One of these nights I'll get past the ten minute mark without slipping into a temporary coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Very quiet in here tonight.
    I'm off to slumber, early for me.
    Forecast not great for tomorrow..meh..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, waiting for sleep

Have been using more online shopping recently too, waiting for more packages, 2 from Amazon, 1 from a pharmacy and one from my sister. God help my credit card :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No credit cards here, i'm scared of what i might do!! :pac:

Yeah they can be a bit dangerous at times :)

Night going ok grem?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

All ok, bit cold but tea sorts that :) Hope you can sleep soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,415 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cj maxx wrote: »
    In bed and for once I'm actually tired and think I'll sleep.

Well that lasted 2 hours :(
    It's too late to take anything now.

cj maxx wrote: »
    Well that lasted 2 hours :(
    It's too late to take anything now.

Worst feeling :mad: often am wallfallen tired, crash into bed only to awake like you have.. Tea/hug/beer/bottles to break pick your thing. Happened me earlier, the utter frustration of it..

Have quite the headache at the moment. I'd almost consider less caffeine, but... no.

You ingest much caffeine?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Laying in bed thinking about the day I can go get a pedicure and a massage I am like a box of LEGO here in the bed

You ingest much caffeine?.

Way too much. If I stopped I'd probably go into a coma. :D

I've been told they push back the cuticles in a pedicure, that's nightmare fuel for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They massage lovely cream in first after soaking your feet, then when they’re soft they push them back and remove them with a drill. They scrub your feet and legs apply a mask and then give you a lovely massage before painting the nails your fav colour

They massage lovely cream in first after soaking your feet, then when they’re soft they push them back and remove them with a drill. They scrub your feet and legs apply a mask and then give you a lovely massage before painting the nails your fav colour

I never knew about the drill part :eek:. Sounds like something the CIA wouldn't fly you to Turkey for.

I second Kowloon, drill? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Room side having a cup of tea. Chilling before work. Didn't sleep all that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH how normal my oh is.
    Hes not even slightly dysfunctional.And he's really nice. I should work for a Valentines day card company.

Near time to scoot. Doing daywalker nonsense again Saturday and Sunday eek!

Paws hope the day goes ok..

Sorry, I wrote my TH here.
    Now Im waiting for it to show up so I can put it in the th thread.

Up and not exactly at em yet. Drinking tea. Going to the bathroom every five minutes.

I took a supposedly natural energy pill a couple of months ago, Kowloon, and it had caffeine or guarana or ginseng in it.

I thoughf I mighf be having an aneurism, I had such a headache all day. It reminded me that caffeine is a poison at high doses and natural isnt always safe:(

I rarely shop online but started last week and on a bit of a roll, I got 2 emails today to say stuff has been despatched, it was interesting looking at the orders that were made after a few drinks, nice surprise for myself. ��

Its amazing some of the things that accidentally fall into my online shopping baskets and check themselves out lately.

Im on first name terms with the lad from Dpd Parcelwizard these days.

Bedside, waiting for sleep

Have been using more online shopping recently too, waiting for more packages, 2 from Amazon, 1 from a pharmacy and one from my sister. God help my credit card :D

One of my packages has arrived :)

Still bedside, didn't have a great nights sleep in the end but oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Trying to get my workface on. It might be at the bottom of this coffee mug, but doesn't look like it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement