Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz [ITV]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Thanks I know they often do repeat but I've checked listings for the next several weeks ahead and it's not repeated.

So if anyone does have a copy of the last episode please do let me know. Thanks.

Sent you a PM there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You can watch it on the ITV Player or whatever its called, I thought it was region locked same as BBC but its not

Don't know if they have a phone app that works here, but I was able to cast it from the browser here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was the brother not summoned to the trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

All the episodes are on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I suspect Smith never met with Spooner. The scene felt shoed in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Water John wrote: »
    I suspect Smith never met with Spooner. The scene felt shoed in there.
    well he met him in the run up to making of this https://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/quiz-episode-three-true-story-charles-ingram-court-case-a4415211.html

There was a documentary done about the whole thing, and there is video of Diana coughing on the Craig David question.

I'm surprised there are posters here saying they doubt their guilt. I've watched quiz twice now and I still think they are guilty as sin. I've also read up on the case before.

No doubt in my mind.

His entire run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWR0I9LbOQ

The amount of u-turns he does is surely suspicious to those of you on the fence.

There was a documentary done about the whole thing, and there is video of Diana coughing on the Craig David question.

I'm surprised there are posters here saying they doubt their guilt. I've watched quiz twice now and I still think they are guilty as sin. I've also read up on the case before.

No doubt in my mind.

His entire run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWR0I9LbOQ

The amount of u-turns he does is surely suspicious to those of you on the fence.

Having looked at the real footage again last night, ive switched to being in agreement with you.

3 factors. Diana looking down at Tecwen, the sudden u-turn on Craig David, and the brother in laws behaviour, had sealed their fate in my opinion. The defence put up a good argument but thats why they are in the business

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think lot's of people think the Ingrams cheated but what the show did was make people question other winners of various amounts and wonder what would come out if all episodes were investigated deeply!

I think lot's of people think the Ingrams cheated but what the show did was make people question other winners of various amounts and wonder what would come out if all episodes were investigated deeply!

The other side of it though, the more winners, the more contestants, the more viewers and the more revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Cheeky Charles and his wife milked it for all its worth...appearing in TV shows like wife swap, celebrity big brother, weakest link so i wouldn't feel too sorry for them

and nowadays they run a market stall selling jewellery

fryup wrote: »
    Cheeky Charles and his wife milked it for all its worth...appearing in TV shows like wife swap, celebrity big brother, weakest link so i wouldn't feel too sorry for them

and nowadays they run a market stall selling jewellery

Well he was kicked out of the army to be fair. They had children to support. WWTBAM was the worst thing that ever happened to them. he could arguably have been sitting on a nice cushy pension now.

well he and his mrs only have themselves to blame - blind greed

don't be fooled by that TV drama, they both knew damn well what they were up to from the start - guilty as charged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

To me anyway he came across as a bit socially awkward and perhaps performing well in front of the camera and lights mightn't have come easy

The portrayal of Major Ingram was totally off imo.......making him look like a harmless half-wit oaf easily led....wherase in reality Ingram was a very astute cunning character...keep in mind he was done a few months later for insurance fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The portrayal of Major Ingram was totally off imo.......making him look like a harmless half-wit oaf easily led....wherase in reality Ingram was a very astute cunning character...keep in mind he was done a few months later for insurance fraud
    Yeah, agreed!

Even Chris Tarrant was interviewed the other morning on radio in the UK and said they made Ingram far too likeable.

It was a great production that being said!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

watched it all yesterday and really enjoyed it

bit freaky about the underground quiz club (was that true or made up for the story ??)

Still 50-50 on it, very hard to think the coughing was a coincidence

Was Chris Tarrant that fake when the camera stopped rolling (where he was meh about imgrims wife been in the audience ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Major is a member of Mensa, as pointed out by his defence counsel. This Doesn't mean he's socially clever, as shown by his failure to conceal his unusual changing of answer he favoured. He for example went for Google, when he said he never heard of the term. He could only risk that if he knew what the other three answers were, which he didn't.

Paddy Spooner TMK was on three WWTBAM in three different countries. He won 32K in each of two.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Water John wrote: »
    The Major is a member of Mensa, as pointed out by his defence counsel. This Doesn't mean he's socially clever, as shown by his failure to conceal his unusual changing of answer he favoured. He for example went for Google, when he said he never heard of the term. He could only risk that if he knew what the other three answers were, which he didn't.

Paddy Spooner TMK was on three WWTBAM in three different countries. He won 32K in each of two.

Reckon Spooner was unhappy with his trip over here if he only won 1K but tbh the Irish version was the drizzling ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

...keep in mind he was done a few months later for insurance fraud

So not that smart then !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

Ironman76 wrote: »
    All the episodes are on YouTube.

They must have since been removed / taken down from YT. All I can find are a trailer, a behind the scenes and reviews of it.

its on itv hub free for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

its on itv hub free for everyone

Serious question, how do I get the itv hub?
    Trying to download it on a Samsung smart TV but not succeeded.
    Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Serious question, how do I get the itv hub?
    Any help would be appreciated

I just had it on my phone and airplayed it onto tv
    You sign up and just add in a random English post code and you are good to go!!

sorry don't know about smart TV....i just watched it via my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Rfrip wrote: »
    I just had it on my phone and airplayed it onto tv
    You sign up and just add in a random English post code and you are good to go!!

Thanks for that. Found a random code on a block of cheese from Lidl and it worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gp1990

Seriously for anyone doubting their guilt just have a look back at the recording of his performance on YouTube. Just focus on the 500,000 question if needs be, that will be more than sufficient. The million pound question is equally as laughable, and as for 'Craig David'...

If he bailed on the 250,000 he would have gotten away with it too, very foolish boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    Quiz starts on RTE One this Sunday at 9.30pm.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Surprised Virgin Media didnt show this. Thought they had first dabs on all of ITV's programming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Enjoying this on RTE 1

Advertisement