Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MikroTik SXT-LTE6 kit vs TP-Link MR600

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 barrysmyth81

Is the 4g option in lte I've not seen it anywhere

Plugged straight in to laptop

And there's no need to enter apn details anywhere or set Netmask or dhcp range etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

And there's no need to enter apn details anywhere or set Netmask or dhcp range etc?

I used a 3 SIM and didn't change the apn settings, still worked, you can enter 3internet for the apn though and see,

Are you using winbox to set it up?

Finally got the microtik working 😁 but only thing is the speed can be up to 40 down and roughly the same up and then drop to about 5 download and 14 up have linked the app for the dish what should I look in the graphs to stabilise speeds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Fuser

Just sweep the dish around and look for the strongest signal. You should be able to find any mobile masts near you on the comreg site and then you have a rough idea where to point the antenna

I've looked at the info in the mikrotik app to see which mast I'm hitting, but the number of the cell info doesn't match up with any info on the comreg site viewer, anyone know where I can work out which mast I'm using,?

Can someone with a bit of know how tell me why I'm not getting a steady reading when I look at the internet on the app? It doesn't matter if I'm getting full bars or not, the reading constantly jumps, almost like it's following a pattern, is there something I can change to make it more steady?

The bars also jump in the same way no matter how I position the dish, from full bars to none,

Also, originally I was getting speeds of 15-20 mb/s, now I'm lucky to get past 8-9 mb/s

http://imgur.com/a/hUsKLQw

Marlow wrote: »

For the few that got this ,
    how are ye getting on with it after having it installed for a bit now?

I'm 3km from mast and i can see it from where the mikrotik would be installed so i'm thinking of going this route.
    i currently have a VF huawei b528, the speed can be ok most of the day, except peak, so im wondering could congestion be my problem rather than signal.

Anyhoo, just seeing how ye are getting on with it,
    thanks.

For the few that got this ,
    how are ye getting on with it after having it installed for a bit now?

I'm 3km from mast and i can see it from where the mikrotik would be installed so i'm thinking of going this route.
    i currently have a VF huawei b528, the speed can be ok most of the day, except peak, so im wondering could congestion be my problem rather than signal.

Anyhoo, just seeing how ye are getting on with it,
    thanks.

Been very hit and miss for me, was getting speeds up to 25 mb at the beginning, dropped to 3mb after a while, gone up a little since, the readings seem to spike a lot, I've seen other people reporting this issue, they were also working on the mast I'm aimed at so could have had something to do with it, the dish is discussed a lot In this thread

https://confusedbird.com/thread-16.html

• Advertisement

Been very hit and miss for me, was getting speeds up to 25 mb at the beginning, dropped to 3mb after a while, gone up a little since, the readings seem to spike a lot, I've seen other people reporting this issue, they were also working on the mast I'm aimed at so could have had something to do with it, the dish is discussed a lot In this thread

https://confusedbird.com/thread-16.html

Haven’t come across this site before. Thanks for that, more reading to do.
    I see the admin in that thread left a review of the MikroTik on amazon which made me question the thing in the first place.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

In our network there are two routers one TP-LinkMR6400 the other is a Huawei B525 both 3/4G LTE. I find that the Huawei is far better at holding the 4G signal and reaches further for wifi and has more and better features that the TP-Link don't have. I see Three signal and speed quality ranges from 50% to 90% from 0.1 Mbps up to 7.5Mbps each day up down.

Advertisement