Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Hospitals owned by the Rich

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Private consultants refuse to sign HSE contract over proposed terms
    Six-hundred full-time private hospital consultants have refused to sign a contract to work in public hospitals, saying the proposed terms could force the closure of their consulting rooms....
    The The Irish Hospital Consultants Association says if the proposed version was to apply consultants would be liable for costs which "would likely exceed their income thereby forcing the closure of consulting rooms needed to private timely outpatient care".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The contracts circulated on Friday had omissions from the original agreements over working facilities. I would imagine it is a glitch in the paper work, I would give it a few days to see if it grows legs. I doubt the HSE are cute enough to try and pull wool over the eyes of 600 of our top doctors, I would say it is mistake, a technical one at that. But time will tell.

Keep an eye on it, it could well be the IHCA are dragging their feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Rich people are the ones who create employment.

Where are they? Why are central banks and governments working together to try to revive the World's economic system that has crashed?

Why aren't the rich coming together to create jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Hintel

Where are they? Why are central banks and governments working together to try to revive the World's economic system that has crashed.

They create jobs when the economic climate is right

For the betterment of themselves it has to be said

Hintel wrote: »
    They create jobs when the economic climate is right

But there's loads of people at a loose end now - lots of labour floating around, record low oil prices. Where are these rich job creators? I haven't heard one announcement of rich people planning on creating jobs.

All I've heard of is central banks working with governments to get the economies of the world going again. Surely the faithful 'job creationists' will reveal the miracle job creators now?

• Advertisement

Anyone on Boards.ie heard of any plans for the rich to 'create jobs'? There used to be a lot of 'job creationists' around here.

Anyone?

Anyone on Boards.ie heard of any plans for the rich to 'create jobs'? There used to be a lot of 'job creationists' around here.

Anyone?

They may not create many in the short term, but they do create plenty of jobs. It’s their raison d’etre. Using their money to make more.

They may not create many in the short term, but they do create plenty of jobs. It’s their raison d’etre. Using their money to make more.

Can you provide me one clear-cut example of rich people getting together to create jobs?

I mean now is the perfect time, right? Loads of cheap labour, record low oil/energy prices, office blocks emptying?

Can you provide me one clear-cut example of rich people getting together to create jobs?

I mean now is the perfect time, right? Loads of cheap labour, record low oil/energy prices, office blocks emptying?

Give them a chance! Remember that the majority of people laid off recently will be back in their own jobs in the not too distant future.

Give them a chance! Remember that the majority of people laid off recently will be back in their own jobs in the not too distant future.

But these people have the money, and the time, and they need to act fast to get a competitive advantage. I mean, surely a quick google will return one result of rich people creating jobs?

Why are governments and central banks stepping in? Shouldn't they keep out of it? You don't think all the 'free market' economists were being a bit dishonest with us do you?

• Advertisement

When new companies are created by rich people new jobs are created.

1. Where are the new companies?

2. Who are these rich people that 'create jobs'?

3. Can you explain how this job creationism works?
    Why would rich people "come together"? Why don't you create jobs?

I'm not rich and I'm not claiming to be a job creator. No more dumb questions now, 'new' guy.

But these people have the money, and the time, and they need to act fast to get a competitive advantage. I mean, surely a quick google will return one result of rich people creating jobs?

Why are governments and central banks stepping in? Shouldn't they keep out of it? You don't think all the 'free market' economists were being a bit dishonest with us do you?

Give them a chance! This situation has only been in place for about a month. New opportunities have to be costed properly.

You don't have to be rich to create jobs. You can start a business without huge levels of capital.

Indeed. There's a multifaceted economic ecosystem that leads to the development of people who take up jobs - the idea that jobs are things that are created by rich people and granted to workers is propaganda peddled by idiots and liars.
    When a person or people set up a new business it usually results in new jobs being created.

Don't forget the consumer, and the worker, and the loans, and the limited liability, and the schools, and universities, and the roads, power, sanitation.. you know 'the everything', the history of humanity itself, all those things that lead to the creation of rich people. See this rich people create jobs thing is just reductive lies.
    There are thousands of business books about this you can read.

And yet you can't explain 'job creationism' to me? Yeah, good man.

Where are they? Why are central banks and governments working together to try to revive the World's economic system that has crashed?

The wealth of the rich is already out there making money, in the form of companies. Very little is in bank accounts doing nothing once you go above the first few million.

Govs are not reviving economies. Govs shut down the economy and are attempt to mitigate the damage these measures caused. It is a very different job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I'm more concerned by the schools being owned by the Catholic Church.

The wealth of the rich is already out there making money, in the form of companies.

Shouldn't the rich owners of companies be 'creating jobs' instead of looking for handouts from the public purse?

Billionaire Richard Branson pleads for U.K. bailout of Virgin Atlantic ... But critics point out Branson has paid no U.K. income tax since moving to the tax-free British Virgin Islands 14 years ago, BBC News reported.

cbsnews.com/news

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

Shouldn't the rich owners of companies be 'creating jobs' instead of looking for handouts from the public purse?

Billionaire Richard Branson pleads for U.K. bailout of Virgin Atlantic ... But critics point out Branson has paid no U.K. income tax since moving to the tax-free British Virgin Islands 14 years ago, BBC News reported.

cbsnews.com/news

Why would you pay income tax in a country you aren't domiciled in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

gary550 wrote: »
    Why would you pay income tax in a country you aren't domiciled in?

Because you get a far lower rate putting your income through some other country, the same way Larry Goodman who owns hospitals amongst many other businesses in Ireland plus lives in a mansion in County Louth but routes his income through luxembourg where he pays peanuts compared to what hed have to pay here in tax ....he saves a lorry load of money which the Irish government lose out on ...thats where the saying comes from as happy as Larry!!

cbsnews.com/news

Most company owners are not looking for bailouts and many free market types detest those that are looking for bailouts. However it is worth saying, these companies are just looking for some liquidity, not some massive nationalisation like we did with the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭W1ll1s

cbsnews.com/news

"I did not leave Britain for tax reasons but for Necker Island"

There's Neck for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

cbsnews.com/news

I'll think you'll find Virgin Atlantic did in fact employ people and they were 'creating jobs'.

Advertisement