Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waving at your fellow cyclist

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I've found myself baaing back at sheep in the middle of the night on a 400km audax. Anything to stay awake...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I've found myself baaing back at sheep in the middle of the night on a 400km audax. Anything to stay awake...

I often get disparaging looks from the sheep and pigeons up around Glassamucky and the Featherbeds as they reluctantly vacate their relatively warm blacktop for the miserable bog to avoid this panting and sweaty behemoth invading their space at an unacceptably early hour in the morning. I love the way birds never fly at that hour of the morning, they begrudgingly waddle out of the way with an air of disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

smacl wrote: »
    I often get disparaging looks from the sheep and pigeons up around Glassamucky and the Featherbeds as they reluctantly vacate their relatively warm blacktop for the miserable bog to avoid this panting and sweaty behemoth invading their space at an unacceptably early hour in the morning. I love the way birds never fly at that hour of the morning, they begrudgingly waddle out of the way with an air of disgust.

Perhaps the disgust is at how slow you're going and the fact they can slowly waddle out of your way with plenty of time to spare and no need to take flight?

:pac:

I noticed, perhaps incorrectly, that when I'm on the mountain bike, roadies tend to be less likely to wave or nod, perhaps its the lack of lycra and the non aero helmet.

Mountain biking is very different, if you pass someone and they don't give a nod, wave or hello it's almost a grave insult.

Different sport though, and I never expect to get a wave from a pack of roadies, staying in a group can be hard, the odd time you'll get a 'stressed hello' from someone, at least they're trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ive actually found lately that very little people wave back or acknowledge me on the road at all anymore :( maybe its the cheap Chinese frame :D

Advertisement